Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSC #400 with hero of the week Marcus Rashford on the cover

Mine arrived today.

Fantastic shot of the Orient Game plus a top notch run through punditry by Cameron Carter.

The special t-shirt by BDG looks good.

Comment

I was in a Zoom last night with someone who already had theirs, as well as the T-shirt. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I've had notice that the T-shirt's in the post.

Comment

My t-shirt arrived on Wednesday. It's great.

Comment

Many excellent articles and within that high praise special kudos to Taylor Parkes and Harry Pearson. 1986 though. That WSC has continued so far and so long is an achievement in itself. Especially the reintroduction of the current fanzines list (mostly digital) and you remember how necessary & important those listings were

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
            I was in a Zoom last night with someone who already had theirs, as well as the T-shirt. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I've had notice that the T-shirt's in the post.
            Boro were well represented in articles & pics for such a milestone issue.

Comment

They've done pretty well over the years. Having Harry Pearson on board helps, and then Daniel Gray. I'm looking forward to receiving it. Tomorrow please.

Comment

I'm hoping they get the mag back to Ireland this month, I've missed the last three issues, the first ones since issue 17.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  I'm hoping they get the mag back to Ireland this month, I've missed the last three issues, the first ones since issue 17.
                  An email came to subscribers that they will start shipping again worldwide. You also can email them to see if they have the issues you missed (if you want to read--personally, I'm never worried about timeliness). I was told they will be shipping international orders again.

Comment

Great stuff, thanks Danielmak.

Comment

Issue 400 arrived to me in the US today.

BTW, I'm finishing 399 now (hopefully tonight). I was quick with email to the guy in charge of subscriptions and he was kind enough to set aside a copy of 398 and 399 for me. I'm not a fan of long reads on a digital device. Anyway, if anyone else in the US is a collector or really wants to read the print copies of 398 and 399 versus reading digitally, let me know. I'm happy to send them on. If I get no bites then happy to send elsewhere but figure I'll start with others in the US just because I know postal services are still be bit wonky right now and would be disappointed if the magazines didn't get to the expected destination. PM me if you'd like both issues.

Comment

Hmmm. I don't have any issues since the pause started. And I don't recall receiving an email either.

Comment

(*when I say "I don't have any issues... " I mean in the original sense of "I haven't received any copies of the magazine" rather than the modern sense of "I have no problems")

Comment

Are there people here with a complete collection of all print copies?

Comment

Not the complete set, but I have kept every issue since I started reading in the late 80s...........

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                  I have all since issue 25 which was March 1989. Issues 1-11 were published in book format (twice) and I have them, as well as a few between 11 and 25. You could get back issues in Sportspages which is where I bought most of those before I started subscribing. I'm sure someone must have a full set.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                    PM sent.
                                    All set.

Is there anyone on the board who has been reading since issue 1?

I was very late to discover the magazine (2007), which I found through a mention in Fever Pitch if I remember correctly. Although I had been watching as much football as I could on US satellite, I wasn't reading much about it. That changed dramatically around WC 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                      Raises hand.

Comment

Thanks daniemak.

Comment

Started with the Hillsborough one. I'd been looking for one for ages, but hadn't yet come across Sportspages.

Comment

I had a full set until quite recently. I bought the first issue at Sportspages when I was 18 (February 1986 I think) - the next one as well then took out a subscription as soon as they were available.

In 1989 I was on the coach trip they organised to Albania v England (I've still got the t shirt upstairs although it's shrunk a bit)

A few years ago they offered a lifetime subscription price of 21 quid a year. When they publicised their financial issues recently I cancelled it as I was worried they would be losing money on that now but (I'm rather embarrassed to admit) I'd forgotten to resubscribe - now sorted
                                            Last edited by colchestersid; 16-07-2020, 18:47.

Comment

Obviously problems around the Sheffield area as well as overseas as this is yet another one still to make its way here.

Comment

Working...
                                              X