No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve only seen the extended highlights on Quest but Brentford played some of the best football I have seen by anyone this season at Preston yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
      Apologies to the Middlesbrough fans who watched the 'football' today.
      Are we going to play that style if we get to Wembley? That'll make us popular with neutrals, ffs.

Comment

Thanks! I didn't fortunately.

Comment

Neutrals and media will be too busy patting you on the head going "ee by gum, dark satanic mills, Michael Parkinson, like watching Brazil" before they come to appraise your style of football.

Comment

We'll play that style in every game for the foreseeable future. It's a real chore having to watch it week after week and I wouldn't bother if it was any other team. But it gets us wins.

The pleasure comes from checking the league table at the end of games, seeing the opposition struggle with it - especially if they've spent of lot of money on players (Boro brought on a 25 million pound substitute yesterday who had no impact whatsoever) and seeing every player work at 100% for 90 minutes.

As bad as it is to watch, at least we're not working out how many points we need for survival for once.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
              Neutrals and media will be too busy patting you on the head going "ee by gum, dark satanic mills, Michael Parkinson, like watching Brazil" before they come to appraise your style of football.
              We'll get that from the media of course, but from neutrals it's still 'we should be beating teamslikeBarnsley'.

Daryl Dike apart, the squad are nowhere near good enough for top division football. We would genuinely struggle to get a single win. Is the money we would receive worth a season of humiliation? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                I’ve only seen the extended highlights on Quest but Brentford played some of the best football I have seen by anyone this season at Preston yesterday.
                It was a tremendous display and even extended highlights didn't do it justice.

The frustrating thing is that it followed four turgid performances which produced four draws against bottom half sides and practically ended our automatic promotion hopes. The move to a back three with attacking wingbacks and the recall of Tarique Fosu worked like a dream but I'm left thinking about what might have been if Thomas Frank had been bold enough to make those changes a few games ago.

As it is, we're left with the rather depressing prospect of Norwich and Watford plus Bournemouth in the playoffs all going straight back up again.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post

It was a tremendous display and even extended highlights didn't do it justice.

The frustrating thing is that it followed four turgid performances which produced four draws against bottom half sides and practically ended our automatic promotion hopes. The move to a back three with attacking wingbacks and the recall of Tarique Fosu worked like a dream but I'm left thinking about what might have been if Thomas Frank had been bold enough to make those changes a few games ago.

As it is, we're left with the rather depressing prospect of Norwich and Watford plus Bournemouth in the playoffs all going straight back up again.
                  Well if you think of those “turgid performances” as your flat period then you might be running into prime form with the playoffs looming, which is what you’d want ideally. Brentford in this form have no need to fear Bournemouth.

Comment

I'd like to think so but Bournemouth have also been running into form and of course you'll be familiar with Brentford's play-off record.

Comment

I had it watched for me by a mate.

Comment

(Boro brought on a 25 million pound substitute yesterday who had no impact)
                        That can't be right, as I believe all our subs yesterday are either on loan or leaving on a free. One of them may possibly already have left.

Comment

We'll get that from the media of course, but from neutrals it's still 'we should be beating teamslikeBarnsley'.

Daryl Dike apart, the squad are nowhere near good enough for top division football. We would genuinely struggle to get a single win. Is the money we would receive worth a season of humiliation? I don't think so.
                          You'd need to ask West Brom fans, their club's been doing that for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post

That can't be right, as I believe all our subs yesterday are either on loan or leaving on a free. One of them may possibly already have left.
                            It was Yannick Bolasie. He cost Everton 25 mil, but like you say, he's only on loan for you. A bit of artistic licence perhaps by the commentator to make the win look better.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

You'd need to ask West Brom fans, their club's been doing that for some time.
                              But they manage to at least be competitive. I don't mind going up if we get something like 20 points, don't buy players on big contracts and then invest the profit. It's having a Huddersfield type season that worries me.

Comment

Look what Norwich have done, I'd be happy with that.

Comment

Apparently we're now up for three games a week now.

Comment

Maybe the TV money will help in the summer?

Coventry are supposed to play Barnsley on Saturday, less than 48 hours after playing Rotherham, but they game is subject to be moved due to the funeral of some racist toff.

Comment

Television money? It's not the top division.

Comment

Barnsley v Coventry is actually Sunday - I relied on an old report.

Comment

We're now up to five and a half hours without scoring. Could this be the reason that we're going down by any chance?

Comment

We've got a few rookies out there, so we're doing our best to help.

Olosunde must wish he'd found something else to do this evening.

Comment

For fucking fuck's sake.

Comment

Well you've got a goal now

Comment

Now you have two. FFS!

Comment

... and three.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X