No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cripes, didn't realise that another team had scored less than Wycombe. It's just a shame about our 'against' column, and our 'points' column, and also our 'for' column.

Competitiveness has actually been alright, there's only been three games where we've been two or more goals down with 20 minutes to play. Not going to keep us up though...

Comment

Despite the result, Wycombe played well against us, going forward at least. They impressed me a lot more than several higher placed sides.

Last night was one of those where we won without being the better team. I'll take that.

Comment

I wonder if Reading are beginning to revert to the mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          I wonder if Reading are beginning to revert to the mean.
          Certainly in relation to their remarkable start to the season. But I think their mean is firmly in the top six and they shouldn't be too worried about dropping any further especially as the teams from 7th downwards (maybe with the exception of Cardiff) seem incapable of mounting any sort of challenge.

Comment

Well Paunovic certainly seems an upgrade over the self appointed Mark Bowen. Says something for the standard of MLS perhaps.

Comment

Mick McCarthy seems to be doing a remarkable job at Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post

Certainly in relation to their remarkable start to the season. But I think their mean is firmly in the top six and they shouldn't be too worried about dropping any further especially as the teams from 7th downwards (maybe with the exception of Cardiff) seem incapable of mounting any sort of challenge.
                The Biscuitmen must have heard you and remembered those credentials. Impressive bounce back, 2-0 at Ashton Gate.

Comment

Hey, we beat the boys from the Bus Stop in Hounslow! Gotta say it feels really, really good (apologies to cantagalo)

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                    McCarthy’s tactics are crude and simplistic... and unlikely to be exposed in the Championship if he has a decent quality squad for that Division to pick from. It is just his so his level.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                      Hey, we beat the boys from the Bus Stop in Hounslow! Gotta say it feels really, really good (apologies to cantagalo)
                      Everyone was so excited about the 21 game unbeaten run that an underlying decline in recent performances had gone unnoticed. We were a little fortunate to beat Luton, Middlesbrough and Reading, certainly in terms of xG (though we did slaughter Swansea 1-1). We were comprehensively beaten by Barnsley and last night, though I think a draw would probably have been a fairer result, we failed to impose ourselves on the game after the first half hour. It will be a real test of Thomas Frank's management to get us out of this mini-slump.

Anyway, congratulations on the win - it had to happen some time. I shall be avoiding news and social media, apart from here, for the next few days.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1362348634038239233?s=19

A cracking header from Connor Roberts, he did this to Forest in the first fixture too.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post

Everyone was so excited about the 21 game unbeaten run that an underlying decline in recent performances had gone unnoticed. We were a little fortunate to beat Luton, Middlesbrough and Reading, certainly in terms of xG (though we did slaughter Swansea 1-1). We were comprehensively beaten by Barnsley and last night, though I think a draw would probably have been a fairer result, we failed to impose ourselves on the game after the first half hour. It will be a real test of Thomas Frank's management to get us out of this mini-slump.

Anyway, congratulations on the win - it had to happen some time. I shall be avoiding news and social media, apart from here, for the next few days.
                          Youse probably should have taken a lot more points off us over the last five plus years so it made me ruefully and metaphorically chuckle that when you finally get a scoreline that suggests we were battered you were actually a bit lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                            I'm still sulking that I didn't get an apology.

Comment

Oh geez! I'm so sorry. When we beat you next season I'll be sure to pass on my personal condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                                And so it continues..

Comment

Bloody Wednesday. We're back in the bottom three.

Comment

Birmingham had one win in thirteen before beating us today. In midweek we succumbed to Stoke's first win in ten. Now Brentford have managed to lose three on the spin and we're playing them on Tuesday night so let's guess what's going to happen there.

Comment

A caller on Praise or Grumble today has been calling on Chansiri to spend some money. Yes, that'll work.

We're down to only needing two wins now to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                        Birmingham had one win in thirteen before beating us today. In midweek we succumbed to Stoke's first win in ten. Now Brentford have managed to lose three on the spin and we're playing them on Tuesday night so let's guess what's going to happen there.
                                        You couldn't have timed the fixture better. We will be without our four best players and relying on a bunch of kids on the back of three desperately poor performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                                          A caller on Praise or Grumble today has been calling on Chansiri to spend some money. Yes, that'll work.

We're down to only needing two wins now to be safe.
                                          Fans ought to be happy with where we are in the table given where we were. I'd like us to have a season with fans back in the stadium before considering higher goals.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-02-2021, 02:02.

Comment

Preston’s form is worrying. Two wins in eleven games in the new year, none at home and only five goals scored in that time. From playoff hopefuls to lower mid table strugglers. Every season a team in one division goes into free fall post Christmas and fail to recover. Preston need to get themselves together to make sure it’s not their turn.

Comment

They were better than us today in miserable conditions, especially in the first half hour. If they'd won we could have had no complaints. Potts and Gordon look like two good young loans, I think PNE will be OK, not top half maybe but no where near the drop.

Comment

I’m astounded Reading are still fifth after consecutive losses; home to Boro is a real worry. Need to get a result against Rotherham at the weekend or the momentum has well and truly reversed.

Comment

We're fading, so you're safe.

Comment

The other three teams in the top four are winning so consistently that Brentford can't afford any more slip-ups. The relief of the win in midweek was tempered by the fact that Wednesday weren't great opposition.

Stoke will be a tougher test but I'm encouraged that they seem to have almost as many injuries as us.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X