No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Austin scores on his return to QPR. I guess sometimes you can go home again.

Comment

Second away win of the season. Quest here I come!

Comment

Just realised that if they stopped the season now and did the points per game thing, we'd stay up.

STOP THE COUNT!

Comment

But what if they halved Sheff W's points deduction to make it proportional?

Comment

The buggers have done it once, so I can imagine that they'd do it again...

Comment

Er, just spotted the word "proportional" after I pressed Post Reply...

Comment

3-3. Probably a Quest night tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                  Sol Bamba has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and has started treatment, best of luck to him. One of my favourite Leicester players of that time (2010-12, I think).
                  Poor guy. Best of luck to him, as you say.

Comment

Rotherham are the only club in the division who haven't played half their games yet.

Comment

Be scared Boro fans, the last two league clubs from the north-east that we beat on their ground are now both non-league...

Comment

Heh! Deserved it tonight.

Comment

Colossal shitshow going off again at Wednesday even by the low standards we've come to expect from Our Dear Leader, he's pretty much reached the point where he's stuck pencils up his nose and underpants on his head judging by the bollocks he's come out with now.

In his rambling press call on New Year's Eve Chansiri proudly announced that some bloke called Erik Alonso from WBD Sports was working with us as an advisor. It seems one of his roles was to advise on who should be our new manager following the sacking of Pulis on December 28th. Names were put forward, including Paul Cook - you may have seen the report in the Athletic earlier in the week which stated Cook had turned down the job in a contract to the end of the season. There were no quotes from Cook in this report (or indeed, at all on the position) and there's some debate in the local press about the accuracy of it (i.e. whether Cook actually was offered the job). Meanwhile our regular advisor to the chairman, the useless Amadeu Paixao was busy recommending various names himself, clearly operating entirely independently from Alonso.

Earlier this week Alonso announced that he was no longer working with us, blaming "irreconcilable differences" and "forces around the club" and has spent the days since liking enormous numbers of anti-Chansiri tweets. Chansiri has this evening claimed "Alonso was never an official advisor" in direct contradiction of previous comments and accusing him of "trying to make himself look important and big". Chansiri also decided to criticise Cook for some reason, labelling him "unprofessional" and claiming he doesn't interfere in footballing matters which is in direct contradiction of all the available evidence with previous managers. There's also stuff about how coaches under him have had too much authority, so we're going to end up with some yes man. At least it won't be Roy Keane then.

We had a Covid break in January and during it the club announced a new supporter engagement strategy, which on the face of it sounded pretty reasonable. The first of these panels apparently took place last week. Seems any hopes of this being of use were misplaced, the supporters trust has just released an update which almost makes you wonder if the purpose is not to have to deal with the Trust.

We can share with you though that the Trust is disappointed with the club’s approach to the engagement panel process, particularly:
                          • Rigid confidentiality rules that mean what happens in the meetings will be kept secret apart from what the club agree to put in the minutes
                          • Whilst there will be an attempt to agree minutes with fans organisations they will be drafted by the club; the Trust’s prior experience suggests these could be bland to the point of being meaningless to anyone who didn’t attend
                          • The meetings will be recorded, and will be available to the club for the purpose of club minute drafting, but the recordings will not be made available to participants. This seems unfair.
                          • There are currently sixteen participants on the fans element of the panel and six have been chosen by the club, which undermines independence.
                          • The Trust knows of fans who applied to join the panel and did not receive a response. No one knows the criteria the club used to choose participants.
                          • It has been set up without any prior consultation, rules, constitution or process and is being developed organically

The Trust is a democratic, accountable, and independent Supporters’ Trust. We believe the arrangements for the panel are not democratic, not fully independent of the club and that the process will not be accountable due to the secrecy rules imposed by the club.
                          So we're now six points adrift of safety, we're just lost to bloody Coventry, no manager, no director of football after rumours that we were going to appoint David Webb (ex Huddersfield, not the bloke who scored the winner in the 1970 cup final), two free transfer signings including no strikers in a hugely important window, our promising young midfielder Liam Shaw talking to Celtic and fans still awaiting season ticket refunds for last season. There's murmurings there might be some form of protest outside the ground before tomorrow's home game with Preston. There will be proper protests when fans are allowed back. Just sell the club and fuck off, Chansiri.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                            rumours that we were going to appoint David Webb (ex Huddersfield, not the bloke who scored the winner in the 1970 cup final).
                            I know nothing about the ex-Huddersfield David Webb, but I believe any Brentford fan will reassure you that he could be nothing like as bad as the ex-Chelsea twat.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

I know nothing about the ex-Huddersfield David Webb, but I believe any Brentford fan will reassure you that he could be nothing like as bad as the ex-Chelsea twat.
                              David Webb managed Southend on four occasions most recently in 2010. He got us promoted a number of times so we rather like him.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Hey! That ex-Chelsea twat became a QPR legend.

Comment

Who'd have thought a win a Watford could make it seem like Spring was in the air!

Comment

I think the midweek games tonight are ones that were postponed earlier in the season, so Barnsley have a night off.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      Who'd have thought a win a Watford could make it seem like Spring was in the air!
                                      Well played. It was a strange experience cheering your lot on.

Comment

Out of the bottom three. It's nice, but won't last...

Comment

I haven't really been that bothered with Wednesday's results this year. It's obviously a relegation season and pretty much deserved. But today I really wanted us to flatten those racist cunts from Millwall and their celebration of the murder of black people. So I'm dead pissed off now.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            I haven't really been that bothered with Wednesday's results this year. It's obviously a relegation season and pretty much deserved.
                                            As I replied to DCI Harry Batt about Wimbledon, why so negative? Wednesday are three points off safety.

Comment

Yeah. And there's only nine points between seventh and twentieth. There's still everything to play for, for everyone.

Comment

A strange but exciting game at Boro. Brentford were the better team but the 4-1 scoreline flattered them. David Raya made up for his early blunder - possibly fouled, just as he was at Swansea, but he's got to be stronger in those situations - with some remarkable saves.

Without wanting to tempt fate, I can't deny it's looking good. 20 unbeaten, 52 goals, Ivan Toney up to 22 now but most significantly, this was Brentford's first league win over a Neil Warnock team since 1998.

Comment

It's tightened up an awful lot at the bottom in recent weeks. A while back it looked as if relegation would be three from Wycombe, Wednesday, Rotherham, Wayne Rooney's Derby and Forest. Now the latter four have gathered a few results, Wycombe look doomed and they'll be joined from two from about half the division - Preston in 11th are closer points-wise to the relegation places than they are the play offs. Norwich's little wobble at the top means the division as a whole looks a lot more interesting than it did.

Comment

A tough game at Reading who looked very good for an hour but the belief in this Brentford team even when going a goal behind (as in 3 of the last 4 games) is quite remarkable.

In those 4 games, Brentford have scored as many goals as Derby County have all season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X