No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our flat out worst performance of the season so far at Huddersfield. Gave up soft goal after three minutes and might just as well have got back on the bus afterwards.

Comment

I've been surprised at just how much significance a crowd or lack thereof makes to me caring about a game. Reading won today. All the games before this seemed semi-meaningless somehow.

Comment

Thomas Frank made full use of the 5 substitute rule he'd been campaigning for and in doing so managed to concede a late equaliser against 10 man Blackburn.

Comment

Bloody Derby getting their act together. We're doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
            I've been surprised at just how much significance a crowd or lack thereof makes to me caring about a game. Reading won today. All the games before this seemed semi-meaningless somehow.
            It’s a relief to get some points again after a big wobble.

Comment

Millwall's Mahlon Romeo responds to the club's fans at the ground who booed the players taking the knee.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/mahlo...-knee-gesture/

Comment

I'm beginning to think that I might as well delete Quest from my Freeview...

Comment

Preston's all-over-the-shop form continues. After a resounding win over improvong Boro in midweek they are now 2-0 down at Luton and apparently not going well.

Comment

There's probably a father and sons thread that I can't find but I just wanted to note that I've just realized that Dean Windass has a son playing against Barnsley today, Joshua Dean Windass, who is already 26 ffs (born in January 1994, the month I moved to York to work for British Rail on the phones).

To his credit he worked his way up from semi-pro: Harrogate Railway Athletic before turning pro with Accrington Stanley.
                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 12-12-2020, 16:45.

Comment

Barnsley's first win over Sheff Weds since we did the double against them in 2008-09.

Comment

This Tony Pulis thing is really working out well.

Comment

He's got another son, Jordan, who I've seen playing non league for Liversedge or Garforth or someone like that.

Anyway, we're fucked. Games between Wednesday and Barnsley never ever end as an away win on either ground but our heroes obviously hadn't got the memo. We have a more fundamental problem though - we've run out of cash. I'm sure the club will blame Covid but it seems there is a serious reduction in funds coming from the chairman - what isn't clear is whether he can't or won't fund us any more. He never bothered to tap any other major commercial resources so we can't get funding to that end and with us being tier 3 (and that not expected to change this week) there are still no gate receipts at all.

We took out a loan of ?6m in the autumn, presumably to cover for Covid losses though the club won't explain the purpose. More concerningly an unrelated third party was able to take a charge out against the ground to facilitate the loan, and if we don't repay in full by the end of September next year then our one real asset is gone. We still haven't refunded loads of fans for their season tickets for last season - yes, that's the games that didn't happen in the spring. There hasn't been any detail at all about what will happen for season tickets for the current season (they went on sale ages before Covid as usual, presumably needing tomorrow's money today). There was a press report this week that our players are not being paid in full, that they're getting a partial payment and the rest will be paid at some point in the future. Now that was in the S*n so you'd assume it was just Nixon making shit up again, but Pulis and Dominic Iorfa both failed to deny it in the press call yesterday. Pulis looks really fucked off in general, he wouldn't be the first manager in recent times to discover what he was sold in the brochure ain't how it is in reality, and it wouldn't surprise me if he walked before too long.

We've also offered new contracts to Barry Bannan, Adam Reach and Tom Lees before their deals expire next summer. On the face of it that sounds a good thing (leaving aside the fact that Bannan and Lees are both in their thirties), but how on earth do we know what sort of budget we'll be operating with next season? We don't know what division we'll be playing in and more to the point we don't know what sort of crowd size we'll be allowed to admit - I think we all hope to be back to full crowds by next summer, but from this distance we don't know that and shouldn't be assuming there'll be 25k every fortnight and a capacity crowd for United. On the other hand it might be a case of "sign a new deal now or we'll sell you in January"

Also our 2019 accounts are delayed yet again, so presumably the EFL will have an interest in that. Just sell the club and all your interests in it and fuck off, Mr Chansiri.

Also I blame *checks notes* injuries, bad luck and gammon punditry.

Comment

I can record Quest, yay!

Comment

It's repeated on Sunday morning too.

Comment

What's a Sunday morning?

Comment

Cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt. Fuck you all forever.

Comment

Double kick penalties are good again.

Comment

Wednesday's player payroll came up short in November apparently. PFA is involved.

Comment

Middlesbrough have two goalkeepers on the subs' bench this afternoon.

Comment

Seems as if it's just a matter of time for Warburton. A wretched, and lucky, draw at Wycombe today could well have sealed his fate. 8 wins in the last 38 matches is relegation form by any measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                            Middlesbrough have two goalkeepers on the subs' bench this afternoon.
                                            Makes a change from Mowbray's zero goalkeepers on the bench I guess.

Comment

Jefferson Lerma had been charged with biting a Wednesday player during Bournemouth's defeat. This is rumoured to be Kadeem Harris, who a few minutes after the alleged biting launched himself in a terrible straight red card challenge at Lerma (for which he duly received the aforementioned red).

Comment

Now reported to have been not Harris, but Josh Windass

Comment

Our game against Cardiff has been called off for the very old fashioned reason of bad weather...

Comment

Sol Bamba has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and has started treatment, best of luck to him. One of my favourite Leicester players of that time (2010-12, I think).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X