No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preston's bizarre season continues. They've lost every home game but are unbeaten away (in fact they've only dropped points in a draw at Norwich). Currently they are 2-0 up a table topping Reading.

Comment

At least I don't have to record Quest tonight...

Comment

A late winner at Derby makes it two in a row for the proper hoops since sometime in the dark ages. I'm guessing M. Cocu may be looking for new employment soon.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
          We've got six points back on appeal - so that puts us back into positive territory, above Wycombe and off the bottom. That'll be why the chairman's holding a rare press call tomorrow morning, then.

Nine points in a day though. Bet the BRC's never manage that.
          So transfixed/nauseous/stressed was I by the US elections yesterday that this news entirely passed me by. I note that since this post we have returned to our more appropriate 24th place, but the gap now seems assailable (not that i believe we are very likely to assail it)

Comment

It's prompted one of the most annoying things you hear on the wireless. Apparently Wednesday are now 'three points from safety'. No they are not. No team in history has ever stayed up with only eight points (someone will prove me wrong here).

Comment

Reading have lost twice in a row since I asked why they were so good. A flattering (two late consolations) 3-2 at Coventry and a 3-0 home humping by Preston.

Any other teams people want me to big up? Failure guaranteed.

Comment

I’ll have Glasgow Rangers, please

Comment

Excellent local papering here. Just to be clear, teams who aren't Bournemouth will also be allowed five subs.

https://twitter.com/EchosportDan/status/1329045844339863555

Comment

Rumours circulating (local TV and other unreliable sources) that Barnsley have held talks with the agent for Mario Balotelli. Yes, you read that right - Mario Balotelli! I'm unsure where these talks broke down first (if they happened at all). It could have been wages, when he saw photos of the town centre, discovering we play a high press and his role in it... anything really.

Barnsley fans are split down the middle. Half think it won't happen and are grateful because it would cause carnage at the club. The other half think it won't happen, would cause carnage at the club, but wish it would just for the entertainment value.

Anyway, just one more time... Mario Balotelli at Barnsley.

Comment

Footballers go near the town centre?

Comment

They have to go through it to reach the M1.

Since football restarted Nottingham Forest have lost more games at Oakwell than Barnsley.

Comment

Somewhat odd event at Preston on Saturday when North End defender Darnell Fisher had a couple of attempts to (apparently) grab Callum Paterson's cock. It wasn't exactly Vinnie Jones/Paul Gascoigne, and was , well, a lot more gentle. Anyway the FA are apparently looking into it. (You can find videos of it - there isn't really any doubt about it)

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                            Excellent local papering here. Just to be clear, teams who aren't Bournemouth will also be allowed five subs.

https://twitter.com/EchosportDan/status/1329045844339863555
                            Just other teams named after fruit?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              Somewhat odd event at Preston on Saturday when North End defender Darnell Fisher had a couple of attempts to (apparently) grab Callum Paterson's cock. It wasn't exactly Vinnie Jones/Paul Gascoigne, and was , well, a lot more gentle. Anyway the FA are apparently looking into it. (You can find videos of it - there isn't really any doubt about it)
                              Like, a couple of attempts, on separate occasions during the game? Or he had two goes more ore less at the same time?

Comment

One after the other. Looked like it was before a corner

Edit, hre you go

Comment

That is really strange behaviour. I wonder what prompted that?

Comment

Because the rules of the game completely change during a corner?

Comment

Bugger. Once again. At least we scored twice...

Comment

Ivan Toney breaks a Brentford goal drought that lasted 302 minutes.

A comfortable enough win (apart from a late penalty shout) and an improvement on the Wycombe performance but we're still not firing on all cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                          Bugger. Once again. At least we scored twice...
                                          The last twenty minutes were scary as fuck. I suppose that's what we have to live with when most of the team are only just old enough to shave.

Comment

I agreed to a Zoom call having forgotten my lot were playing WRDC tonight. Having watched the first half hour, I missed the first Boro goal as I set up the call. 3-0 to Middlesbrough. WRDC don't look very good.

Comment

They are dreadful. By some distance the worst team we've seen this year. They all seem to be playing like as if they'd like to be somewhere... anywhere... else.
                                              Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 25-11-2020, 22:28.

Comment

Useful point for us down in Swansea, particularly so given that Sky said the Swans haven't come from behind to win for over a year so there felt a certain inevitability to proceedings. They scored from a right goalmouth scramble in the last minute but it got chalked off for, well, fuck knows what, there was quite a lot going off in the box. That decision came courtesy of Andy Woolmer, who has given us a good number of questionable decisions in our favour over the years.

Comment

I thought Derby were OK in a basically interested and competent sense for the first hour or so, but in the last twenty minutes they were utterly dreadful and would be jolly worried if I supported them.

Comment

Right, here comes our twice-a-year anal hammering by F.C. Hounslow. Made more certain by the fact that we've lost all but one of our last eighteen Friday night matches.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X