No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most fans of Championship clubs believe that. Either they should be in the Prem, or really belong in League One or Two.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
      I think most fans of Championship clubs believe that. Either they should be in the Prem, or really belong in League One or Two.
      Except Brentford.

Comment

I think Wednesday "belong" in the Championship all things considered. I don't think we will be there next year, but that's a separate matter

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Except Brentford.
          No, we belong in League 1.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
            You mean that's a football club? I thought your blurb was just you saying you were a big fan of literature...
            Just because Hampshire is even duller than Berkshire.

Comment

In fairness, at least us Hampshire folk are able to stay here, and don't feel the need to go halfway around the world to escape it

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                I think our 'natural' place is bobbing between the top two divisions with occasional spells of over and under achievement. Which is just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                  Well, this thread's gone mighty quiet.
                  Don't know about anyone else, but I'm really struggling to get excited for this season without being able to get in the ground. It all feels a bit like a never-ending pre-season at the moment, I know there are games happening and I even watch some of them on the telly but somehow it doesn't feel like actual competitive football.

Comment

What Fussbudget said, and for me it's also that in the last two games Wycombe look every inch a team not just thrown in at the deep end, but trying to paddle in the Mariana Trench.

Comment

Even if you usually can't get to the ground it feels bizarre. I watch with the sound off while posting with other QPR supporters on line, at least there's some sense of community.

Comment

Arse biscuits. Again.

Comment

Still four teams who haven't won a game and five who haven't lost one, so a chasm in class already with just 4 games played.

Comment

Of the long term distant past Oxford fans on here Boris and I definitely didn't go to Oxford University. I don't think GY did, but can't remember for sure.
                            I did, but I was a fan before I went to uni. Though it was my brother who got me into them, and he first started following Oxford when he was at university there. I have to say there wasn't a lot of overlap in my time, despite my best efforts to get friends to go. The club didn't seem to do any outreach either, which always seemed like a wasted opportunity.

Comment

Go Preston. Great win for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post

I did, but I was a fan before I went to uni. Though it was my brother who got me into them, and he first started following Oxford when he was at university there. I have to say there wasn't a lot of overlap in my time, despite my best efforts to get friends to go. The club didn't seem to do any outreach either, which always seemed like a wasted opportunity.
                                Similar in Cambridge. The Football club is very much town and not gown. I think some of the current supporters would actually resent it if students from the uni, or at least people they could easily identify as students from the Uni which is not at all the same thing, did start turning up in reasonable numbers.
                                Nick Hornby touched on this subject in Fever Pitch, of course, seeing as he was a Cambridge Uni student who did go along to watch Cambridge United. He did so because he was a match-attending Football fan already, and from how he describes going to a game (and beheading sugar mice) he had at least one mate who was a fellow student who was going along with him.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                  In fairness, at least us Hampshire folk are able to stay here, and don't feel the need to go halfway around the world to escape it

Comment

It was inevitable what was going to happen when we missed the fucking penalty...

Comment

Good win for us, that was the sort of game where we'd have shipped a late equaliser last season. Only four points behind Wycombe now. We're playing them in a fortnight...

Comment

Have you been there yet?

Comment

100% record goes through a 90min+ 12min penalty. Plus side is Barnsley are OK and I hope they stay up.

I still see this as only 37 points to go until we're probably safe.

Comment

Worth noting too that this was the fifth consecutive 2-2 draw at Oakwell between the teams.

Comment

And I hope neither of us relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                                I still see this as only 37 points to go until we're probably safe.
                                                This.

Comment

This season is not getting any easier...

Comment

Oh where are the goals of yesteryear?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X