No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good result for us at a ground where we never ever win, so that's three points back, well done fellas, just another 99 to go now for automatic.

Comment

Comfortable win to start the season. Front to back looked really well organised against a team we usually have trouble with. So well probably ship a boatload of goals at Cov on Friday.

Comment

I'm happy with three points away to Preston, we've got an extremely young squad and team. An experienced centre half is a must and a striker, Rhian Brewster coming back would be lovely.

Comment

Rotherham’s 1-0 win at Wycombe saw the ball in play for just 35 minutes and 50 seconds. It’s comfortably the shortest time recorded in the Championship since Opta started tracking this data in 2013-14.

Did anyone witness this epic?

Comment

Nope. Only the red kites...

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
              Rotherham’s 1-0 win at Wycombe saw the ball in play for just 35 minutes and 50 seconds. It’s comfortably the shortest time recorded in the Championship since Opta started tracking this data in 2013-14.

I was just coming here to post the same information after seeing it in a tweet. The previous record low in D2 was QPR v Cardiff so Ainsworth proving himself again as an even more cut-price Warnock.

Wycombe's fixtures against Boro this season will be composed of such a critical mass of anti-football as to create a black hole. They'll be examples of when matches being played behind closed doors are a kindness
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-09-2020, 22:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

The highlights package as part of Quest's programme were shorter than any I'd seen before, even when Wycombe were in the lower, lesser focused on, divisions – in full, the highlights were: Wycombe miss an open goal, Rotherham go close, Wycombe hit the bar, Rotherham score a goal. As I always mute the highlights when I don't know the score (frequently the announcers spoil the result before the first kick shown), I was expecting there to be some more action after the goal, but all that came up was the final score caption.

Comment

It will have to go some to have beaten the highlights of Burnley vs Ipswich in January 2014. I think the entire game was clipped into 15 seconds which - and I had the misfortune to be there - was 15 seconds longer than it deserved.

Comment

I think it was Doncaster v Fleetwood a couple of years ago for which one of the teams produced a "highlights" package featuring the kickoff and final whistle only.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                      I think it was Doncaster v Fleetwood a couple of years ago for which one of the teams produced a "highlights" package featuring the kickoff and final whistle only.
                      They're here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs0vnMril98 from Doncaster v Fleetwood in 2015.
                      Last edited by gjt; 16-09-2020, 22:01. Reason: Add date

Comment

What a shower! Our defence reminds me of the eight-year-olds I used to coach. They all watch the ball, never the open man, and either can't jump or don't know when to do it. I'm fed up with watching defensive corners from between my fingers, it's been going on for too long.

Comment

There was a spell in the second half when Coventry had free headers from three consecutive corners. Barbet jumped under two of them.

We had to put him at left back where he could still ping those 50 yard crossfield balls and select someone at centre back who can win a ball in the air.

Comment

Yeah. I was hoping after the clean sheet last week we'd resolved the problem, but evidently not. Our other CBs are kids, (still not sure why Leistner was bombed out) we need and ugly all elbows Clint Hill type of bugger from somewhere. Was Barbet OK at LB, could he get up-field and back? It looks as if Manning's on his way and Wallace was dreadful today so we need someone there.

Comment

No, he wasn't great. He was filling in for an injured Rico Henry. Bit of a square peg. Decent going forward but lacking real pace. We conceded a lot of goals down that side.

Comment

Nottingham Forest seem to be in freefall: this would be four defeats in a row; nine without a win.
                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-09-2020, 11:53.

Comment

Have our Boro and Norwich fans secured their golden tickets for today's test matches?

Comment

I thought that our inability to actually put the ball in the bloody net would be likely to cost us this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                      Have our Boro and Norwich fans secured their golden tickets for today's test matches?
                                      Not the two in this household, although the atmosphere seemed to be a lot better than I expected.

Comment

Nah. I found out that Boro were one of the pilot games about 30 minutes after the 2-hour window for applying for tickets closed. sw2boro found out when I told him. And Capybara said on the football & 'vid thread:

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                        At Middlesbrough, the arrangements were published at tea-time yesterday, a couple of hours after the games were announced. It's one stand only (the largest) and was first come, first served from 8 last night. Tickets went very quickly apparently. I didn't apply as I didn't fancy two 250-mile train trips in a day and, as Fussbudget says, Middlesbrough's on the watch list and areas north look like having tougher restrictions imposed. I was half-expecting it to be pulled, like at Luton and Morecambe.
                                        So no OTFer at the Riverside today. I will say this though, I'm minded to cut the club a lot of slack given the unprecedented times blah blah blah and I think they're doing the best they can in the circumstances, but bloody hell could their communications be better. We renewed our season tickets in March before lockdown, and since then we've received zero email, letter or text from the club about the arrangements for the new season, so if I didn't read message boards I would have no clue about what's happening, who is going to be allowed back into the ground and when etc.

Comment

Barnsley need three more clubs to get points deductions, preferably around 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            Barnsley need three more clubs to get points deductions, preferably around 50.
                                            I think you may only need two if Huddersfield's performance today is anything to go by. Their two best players, Grant and O'Brien, are on their way out and didn't play. What was left was a demoralised bunch with little discernible talent. And they're trying to adjust their style from Cowleyball to that of a Bielsa disciple.

Brentford weren't great but didn't have to get out of second gear.
                                            Last edited by cantagalo; 19-09-2020, 17:18.

Comment

Well, this thread's gone mighty quiet. I listened to and read countless previews of this season's Championship and Bristol City and Reading barely got a mention. Invisible, a bit like Brighton in the Prem.

It won't last, of course. But it's lovely seeing City top of the league.

Comment

It’s surreal seeing Reading there. That definitely won’t last either.

There was something on Guardian Football Weekly about Reading being the club other fans care least about/notice the least. I think it’s being borne out.

Comment

You mean that's a football club? I thought your blurb was just you saying you were a big fan of literature...

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                                    Well, this thread's gone mighty quiet
                                                    I'm trying to give the thread a swerve because my club is clearly in the wrong division.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X