Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I think most fans of Championship clubs believe that. Either they should be in the Prem, or really belong in League One or Two.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
      I think most fans of Championship clubs believe that. Either they should be in the Prem, or really belong in League One or Two.
      Except Brentford.

      Comment


        I think Wednesday "belong" in the Championship all things considered. I don't think we will be there next year, but that's a separate matter

        Comment


          Originally posted by Sporting View Post

          Except Brentford.
          No, we belong in League 1.

          Comment


            Originally posted by lambers View Post
            You mean that's a football club? I thought your blurb was just you saying you were a big fan of literature...
            Just because Hampshire is even duller than Berkshire.

            Comment


              In fairness, at least us Hampshire folk are able to stay here, and don't feel the need to go halfway around the world to escape it

              Comment


                Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                I think most fans of Championship clubs believe that. Either they should be in the Prem, or really belong in League One or Two.
                I think our 'natural' place is bobbing between the top two divisions with occasional spells of over and under achievement. Which is just as well.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                  Well, this thread's gone mighty quiet.
                  Don't know about anyone else, but I'm really struggling to get excited for this season without being able to get in the ground. It all feels a bit like a never-ending pre-season at the moment, I know there are games happening and I even watch some of them on the telly but somehow it doesn't feel like actual competitive football.

                  Comment


                    What Fussbudget said, and for me it's also that in the last two games Wycombe look every inch a team not just thrown in at the deep end, but trying to paddle in the Mariana Trench.

                    Comment


                      Even if you usually can't get to the ground it feels bizarre. I watch with the sound off while posting with other QPR supporters on line, at least there's some sense of community.

                      Comment


                        Arse biscuits. Again.

                        Comment


                          Still four teams who haven't won a game and five who haven't lost one, so a chasm in class already with just 4 games played.

                          Comment


                            Of the long term distant past Oxford fans on here Boris and I definitely didn't go to Oxford University. I don't think GY did, but can't remember for sure.
                            I did, but I was a fan before I went to uni. Though it was my brother who got me into them, and he first started following Oxford when he was at university there. I have to say there wasn't a lot of overlap in my time, despite my best efforts to get friends to go. The club didn't seem to do any outreach either, which always seemed like a wasted opportunity.

                            Comment


                              Go Preston. Great win for them.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post

                                I did, but I was a fan before I went to uni. Though it was my brother who got me into them, and he first started following Oxford when he was at university there. I have to say there wasn't a lot of overlap in my time, despite my best efforts to get friends to go. The club didn't seem to do any outreach either, which always seemed like a wasted opportunity.
                                Similar in Cambridge. The Football club is very much town and not gown. I think some of the current supporters would actually resent it if students from the uni, or at least people they could easily identify as students from the Uni which is not at all the same thing, did start turning up in reasonable numbers.
                                Nick Hornby touched on this subject in Fever Pitch, of course, seeing as he was a Cambridge Uni student who did go along to watch Cambridge United. He did so because he was a match-attending Football fan already, and from how he describes going to a game (and beheading sugar mice) he had at least one mate who was a fellow student who was going along with him.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                  In fairness, at least us Hampshire folk are able to stay here, and don't feel the need to go halfway around the world to escape it






                                  Comment


                                    It was inevitable what was going to happen when we missed the fucking penalty...

                                    Comment


                                      Good win for us, that was the sort of game where we'd have shipped a late equaliser last season. Only four points behind Wycombe now. We're playing them in a fortnight...

                                      Comment


                                        Have you been there yet?

                                        Comment


                                          100% record goes through a 90min+ 12min penalty. Plus side is Barnsley are OK and I hope they stay up.

                                          I still see this as only 37 points to go until we're probably safe.

                                          Comment


                                            Worth noting too that this was the fifth consecutive 2-2 draw at Oakwell between the teams.

                                            Comment


                                              And I hope neither of us relegated.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                                I still see this as only 37 points to go until we're probably safe.
                                                This.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X