Too Poor To Prosper - Division 2 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

But you’re a dab hand with a picture: who IS that on your avatar/ID? (I know it’s not a pig, happy or otherwise)
    I always think it’s a Cyberman from Dr. Who, then look closely and remember it’s not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

I always think it’s a Cyberman from Dr. Who, then look closely and remember it’s not.
      But it is from Dr Who. It’s a robot from the Tom Baker storyline Robots of Death.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        No. It appears that a number of students sort of fell into supporting Oxford United. I'd've gone for City, meself.
        Given the choice I go to Oxford City rather than United, a nice friendly club. Part of this comes from watching Crawley at the Kassam in Oxford's first season in the Conference and the arrogance displayed by the Oxford fans, just about all of them thought they didn't belong at that level. We were bottom and they were top and unbeaten, we drew 1-1. We played all the skilful football only for Oxford's strength, fitness and direct approach get them a late equaliser. Some fans were in tears over their failure to beat a side like Crawley !

Every season they failed to get promoted was funny, as was the stream of talented youngsters released to be signed by City as the next batch of journeymen were signed !

By the way, every year Oxford City do get a few students from Brooks University watching.

Comment

Yeah. Wear blue and white hoops too, which is never a bad thing (except in Reading's case!)

Comment

I feel like the disdain for Crawley in particular during those years was always related to Steve Evans and the financial shenanigans, rather than particular aloofness.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
              Yeah. Wear blue and white hoops too, which is never a bad thing (except in Reading's case!)
              Hey

Comment

[Funny, I just heard a kind of buzzing noise... probably nothing.]

Comment

As you’ll have noticed, I don’t have the energy for proper BANTZ this morning. And Reading’s video has made me a lot less inclined to defend their honour at present.

Comment

Maybe that coffee wasn't as good as you thought

Comment

It helped.

Comment

I can’t seem to get search to function: which thread had the Middlesbrough nite klubs from the programme..?

Comment

I can’t seem to get search to function: which thread had the Middlesbrough nite klubs from the programme..?
                          Cups at the same time. It went well off-topic.
                          Last edited by Capybara; 05-09-2020, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                            Cups at the same time. It went well off-topic.
                            Thanks, Cap

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                              I feel like the disdain for Crawley in particular during those years was always related to Steve Evans and the financial shenanigans, rather than particular aloofness.
                              That would be understandable, but this was the season before Evans arrived at Crawley !

Comment

But you’re a dab hand with a picture: who IS that on your avatar/ID? (I know it’s not a pig, happy or otherwise)
                                It's a Super Voc Robot from the Doctor Who serial Robots of Death.

Ah, I see Grimmer had already pointed that out.
                                Last edited by Merlin the happy pig; 05-09-2020, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post

Given the choice I go to Oxford City rather than United, a nice friendly club. Part of this comes from watching Crawley at the Kassam in Oxford's first season in the Conference and the arrogance displayed by the Oxford fans, just about all of them thought they didn't belong at that level. We were bottom and they were top and unbeaten, we drew 1-1. We played all the skilful football only for Oxford's strength, fitness and direct approach get them a late equaliser. Some fans were in tears over their failure to beat a side like Crawley !

Every season they failed to get promoted was funny, as was the stream of talented youngsters released to be signed by City as the next batch of journeymen were signed !

By the way, every year Oxford City do get a few students from Brooks University watching.
                                  While I never thought Oxford United didn't belong there (I'd seen them get relegated), it was a bit odd watching them play teams that I'd seen Banbury United play and in some cases beat a few seasons earlier in the Southern League.

Comment

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing punted by Cardiff. Anyone know what that's about? The statement is slightly lacking in detail...

Comment

The wording (along with the player deleting all his social media accounts) suggests it's a police/court matter, which will doubtless come to light fairly soon.

Comment

I’d forgotten how shocking the standard of refereeing is at this level. If Brentford get nothing from this game, that’s the reason.

Comment

We are (equal) top of the league!

Comment

Nice one GO. When was the last time Rotherham finished the season in the same division they started it? Maybe this time.

Comment

Ha, it's been a while...

Comment

Top of the league! if not for that sodding deduction

Comment

Ah, now Reading have knocked us off the top of the alternative table. Booooooooo!

Comment

By the way, that was our second away win in nearly fifty games at this level.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X