Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipswich too.

Comment

Glass Half Empty is a Blade I believe and comes on here from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
        Ipswich too.
        Ipswich fans crop up over here with considerable regularity too, for some reason.

Comment

There's at least one Sheffield Utd fan (Glass Half Empty), and I think there is another. Also Guy Profumo has an affection for the club, although he's primarily a Darlington fan. There have been a few Leeds fans over the years, but few (other than EEG) have been here consistently for a long period

Comment

There's only three regular Boro fans, with LaVecchiaSmoggie also MIA.

It's more that there's only one intermittently regular Sunderland fan that's the outlier.

Comment

And Beak for the Toon.

Comment

Shrewsbury seem to quite well represented too.

I started coming on here in about 1999. At the time it seemed like about one in every three posters supported Oxford United (Jimski, Ginger Yellow, Justin, etc).

I know we've done it before, but which is the biggest club to not be represented at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                  I know we've done it before, but which is the biggest club to not be represented at all
                  Man City?

Comment

I started coming on here in about 1999. At the time it seemed like about one in every three posters supported Oxford United (Jimski, Ginger Yellow, Justin, etc).

A fair contingent of early OTFers were at Oxford University, which probably explains it

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Man City?

Tony C

Comment

and dglh

Comment

Not sure if there are any Southampton or Wolves, nor Everton now Andy C's not about.

Comment

That Night in Barcelona is Saints, and jeanmid is Wolves.

You may be right about Everton, though

Comment

Southampton = andrew7610.

Comment

meregreen for Everton but don't think he's been on for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                                  There's only three regular Boro fans, with LaVecchiaSmoggie also MIA.

It's more that there's only one intermittently regular Sunderland fan that's the outlier.
                                  Who are the three? Could swear there were more.

Comment

sw2boro, Fussbudget and Capybara

Comment

Ah ok.

Comment

Yeah there's not that many of us, we just talk a disproportionate amount of shite.

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                        A fair contingent of early OTFers were at Oxford University, which probably explains it
                                        Is there really a big overlap between Oxford United fans and people who attend Oxford University? Or am I missing a joke here?

Comment

No. It appears that a number of students sort of fell into supporting Oxford United. I'd've gone for City, meself.

Comment

Of the long term distant past Oxford fans on here Boris and I definitely didn't go to Oxford University. I don't think GY did, but can't remember for sure. I don't know about Justin and Jimski. I think Nef is in some sort of academic gig now.

Comment

Given the quality of my writing on here I would imagine it's fairly obvious I didn't get anywhere near a University, or in fact the 6th year.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin the happy pig View Post
                                                Given the quality of my writing on here I would imagine it's fairly obvious I didn't get anywhere near a University, or in fact the 6th year.
                                                But you’re a dab hand with a picture: who IS that on your avatar/ID? (I know it’s not a pig, happy or otherwise)

Comment

Being a university student is no guarantee that one can actually write well.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                    Of the long term distant past Oxford fans on here Boris and I definitely didn't go to Oxford University. I don't think GY did, but can't remember for sure. I don't know about Justin and Jimski. I think Nef is in some sort of academic gig now.
                                                    I think GY was (hence his moniker, which was the colour of their shirts.) Pretty sure Justin was, Tubby was also at the uni but not sure about how much of a city fan he was.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X