Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Barrow. Who are treading water, not much more. Harrogate got off to a flier but have struggled lately - they looked pretty dreadful at our place last week

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Harrogate seem to be doing ok. Who else came up this year?

[Edit: Doh! Barrow...]
    Last edited by TonTon; 29-11-2020, 10:27.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    A 5th consecutive win for Bolton yesterday, that seems to have eased the early season fears that we were heading for a 3rd successive relegation.

Southend were far better than their league position suggests and on another day could have been ahead at half time. We're very much still a work in progress but we do seem to be getting stronger each week. I suspect, like most in this division, we're heavily reliant on keeping a core group injury free as we've very little strength in depth. Hopefully being out of all the cups before December will do us a favour on that front.

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    Typical Orient. Just when form collapses and panicky fans start to call for our inexperienced coach’s head, we go and win 3 on the bounce and climb into the playoff spots. Including a 3-2 away at Vale Park, where we’ve only won 2 of our 30 past visits.

Don’t think there will be fans next week at Scunny (tier 3), but should be up to 2000 drawn from a ballot of ST holders at our next home game, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    I guess they are in "get it done now" mode, given uncertainty. It does seem a bit much.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    I can't figure out why the FA shoe-horned that game into the schedule tomorrow, they could have played it on the 2nd round weekend and then played the resulting 2nd round game on say 8th December.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Ta. Just thinking about our FA Cup game there tomorrow night. At least they played Tuesday as well.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Speaking of Barrow - what are they like at the moment?
    Starting to struggle - they drew a lot of games early on and looked hard to beat but they buckled late on against Oldham last night in what should have been a winnable game. Our local radio station covers them as well as Carlisle so we get a bit of Barrow chat in our matchday coverage. Their chairman was on last night sounding upbeat about the potential return of fans for both the impact on their finances and for the team to have a supportive crowd to play in front of, but even if they are in level 2 they are going to struggle to get the full 2,000 in within the guidelines.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Speaking of Barrow - what are they like at the moment?

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    We've not played them yet, but funnily enough I'd say your mob are the best I've seen, with Newport a close second.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Absolutely gutting to concede an equaliser with the last kick of the game to a very good Cambridge team last night. That being said, it certainly was no more than they deserved. They are, by some distance, the best team I've seen in League 2 this season.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Quite funny how it's just not happening for them, despite their being among the bookies' promotion favourites for the past few seasons.

Anyway, we're up to the absurd heights of 8th after squeezing past Bradford last night, who initially looked the sharper side before we made a few handy substitutions and they seemed to fade a bit. Don't think we're good enough to be any higher, mind.

One observation from last night's game about five substitutes: even at this level, it seems to incentivise managers with relatively strong squads to pick experimental starting XIs safe in the knowledge they can shuffle things up big time if it's not working. I don't think Bradford have a weaker squad than Orient (probably the reverse), but I think five subs helped us last night. And not in a way I feel entirely comfortable with.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    The Cloughie bounce didn't last long for Mansfield.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Our first ever win at Scunny. Results wise we appear to be gathering momentum and we are playing better than early on in the season but I'm still to be convinced. Watch us lose at Southend now

Leave a comment:

• Baptiste
    replied
    An excellent 5-0 win and then Keith Hill is appointed as manager shortly after. Natives underwhelmed and very restless, Vice Chairman has a go back in a now deleted tweet.
    Most seem to have calmed down now, but in a week where the club bungled season ticket issues, off pitch issues take the limelight from a great turnaround on it.
    Never plain sailing on the deadly submarine!

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Possibly our best performance of the season so far, yesterday. For a spell it looked as though we'd win by 3 or 4 but conceding a goal just before half time meant we changed our approach in the 2nd half to grind out the win.

I'm still unsure on Evatt, his tactics and his recruitment but an away win, such a rare event these past 10 years, needs to be enjoyed. Scunny on Tuesday, like many other places never a happy hunting ground for us, I'd take a point now tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
    Newport score a 96th-minute winner to maintain their improbable title push.
    Mixed feelings for HORN Reborn and HORN for this match. Wish he was around to share his thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Scunny very nearly made it 3 wins on the bounce, but Morecambe peģged them back in the 92nd minute. It's been a good week though, lower mid table in our sights if we pick up points from the games in hand. Slight worry today was an injury to Kevin van Veen, who is comfortably our best player.

Home to Bolton on Tuesday and then a whole week before we go to Harrogate, who are starting to struggle, with no wins in their last 6.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Comfortable win for Cheltenham in the end today after a very tight first half. Walsall will feel hard done by that they had two penalty shouts turned down with their players being booked for diving. That being said, I did think both were dives, but you have seen them both given the other way.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Southend called off their home match with Cambridge at 9.40pm last night by sending an e-mail. Apparently they have a "small number" of covid19 cases and as such only had ten players available and called the game off. Southend are beginning to resemble Macclesfield in being to be a right pain in the arse and the football league eventually found a reason to be rid of them. I fear the same will happen to Southend and I expect a points deduction for this.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Newport score a 96th-minute winner to maintain their improbable title push.

Leave a comment:

• andrew7610
    replied
    Crawley's first home league defeat for 364 days
    Last edited by andrew7610; 21-11-2020, 18:07. Reason: Leap Year innit

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Carlisle go third (I know) with the best performance of the season to date, which is saying something as we have had a few good performances to choose from. Crawley's first League defeat at home for almost exactly a year, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Baptiste
    replied
    A lot of debate now whether Rovers should stick with the caretaker duo of Dawes and Parkinson who have delivered back to back away wins, or get an experienced hand in.
    3 home games now, to try and help answer that question.
    The referee had an eventful day - the Port Vale penalty was comical, our penalty looked dubious, and there was a foul on a Vale man in the lead up to our first. But he got the sending off spot on, which I thought was harsh on first viewing. Such an entertaining game did make the absence from the ground even more pronounced.

Leave a comment:

• Reality Checkpoint
    replied
    So Barrow equalise in the sixth of the five added minutes, but they definitely deserved to get something out of the game. One of our worst performances this season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X