Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 wins in 27, jesus. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54714382

Comment

He wasn't a particularly popular appointment in the first place. Mansfield have been big spenders the last couple of years, you've got to wonder how much longer Gerry and Linda Block will keep stumping up the cash.

Comment

Were there two games at Rodney Parade yesterday?

Comment

So, the O's play players in their best positions and formations and, lo and behold, Bolton are blown away 4-0 in our first fixture against them since 1997 (when we also scored four, in a 4-4 league cup draw at the newly opened Reebok), featuring stunning goals in particular from Craig Clay and one of modern Britain's finest humans, Jobi McAnuff. Ten points in four games now, (and the one where we dropped points, against an excellent Exeter team, was perhaps the best game of the lot), though Forest Green away on Tuesday will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
            So, the O's play players in their best positions and formations and, lo and behold, Bolton are blown away 4-0 in our first fixture against them since 1997 (when we also scored four, in a 4-4 league cup draw at the newly opened Reebok), featuring stunning goals in particular from Craig Clay and one of modern Britain's finest humans, Jobi McAnuff. Ten points in four games now, (and the one where we dropped points, against an excellent Exeter team, was perhaps the best game of the lot), though Forest Green away on Tuesday will be tough.
            Notwithstanding our awful performance, I was very impressed with Orient. A hardworking, footballing side who probably should have won by more. Just as we thought we were seeing green shoots of recovery from what's been an awful start to the season, we put in our worst performance so far.

Evatt talked a great game and strategy when he arrived and got many of us on side straight away. Currently it's a 50/50 split between those fans who say give him time for his methods to work, and those who think we've taken on another charlatan with a self help manual. It still feels largely irrelevant to me while we're not allowed into the grounds.

Comment

Heady times at Carlisle tonight, playing with abandon to take a three goal lead against division leaders Newport with eight minutes to go, before almost conspiring to blow it, conceding two late goals - including the inevitable one from former player and erstwhile King over (or more accurately next to) the Water Jamie Devitt. A bit more organised at the back and we could really have a go at this.

Games seem to have been coming thick and fast lately and hopefully we can rest some players for the weekend's Cup match, a couple of ours were blowing noticeably towards the end tonight.

Comment

A few away wins today. Southend won away with only 39% possession.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-11-2020, 21:40.

Comment

Good win for us at Carlisle, sounds like we deserved it as well. Probably our best performance in a while.

Comment

Scunthorpe won away, 2-0 at Oldham. First away win since we won 2-0 at Oldham on New Year's Day. Can we play them every week?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                      Good win for us at Carlisle, sounds like we deserved it as well. Probably our best performance in a while.
                      Definitely our worst performance, really lacking in invention and allowed Cheltenham to boss the midfield. Alfie May was a nuisance all afternoon but our defence managed reasonably well (apart from the 1st goal). Will have three of our better players back for the next match (away at Crawley), so hopefully a better performance will be the result.

Comment

Good win for the Stags today. After 18 months of managerial chopping and changing, hopefully Nigel Clough can push us in the right direction.

Comment

So Barrow equalise in the sixth of the five added minutes, but they definitely deserved to get something out of the game. One of our worst performances this season.

Comment

A lot of debate now whether Rovers should stick with the caretaker duo of Dawes and Parkinson who have delivered back to back away wins, or get an experienced hand in.
                            3 home games now, to try and help answer that question.
                            The referee had an eventful day - the Port Vale penalty was comical, our penalty looked dubious, and there was a foul on a Vale man in the lead up to our first. But he got the sending off spot on, which I thought was harsh on first viewing. Such an entertaining game did make the absence from the ground even more pronounced.

Comment

Carlisle go third (I know) with the best performance of the season to date, which is saying something as we have had a few good performances to choose from. Crawley's first League defeat at home for almost exactly a year, I believe.

Comment

Crawley's first home league defeat for 364 days
                                Last edited by andrew7610; 21-11-2020, 18:07. Reason: Leap Year innit

Comment

Newport score a 96th-minute winner to maintain their improbable title push.

Comment

Southend called off their home match with Cambridge at 9.40pm last night by sending an e-mail. Apparently they have a "small number" of covid19 cases and as such only had ten players available and called the game off. Southend are beginning to resemble Macclesfield in being to be a right pain in the arse and the football league eventually found a reason to be rid of them. I fear the same will happen to Southend and I expect a points deduction for this.

Comment

Comfortable win for Cheltenham in the end today after a very tight first half. Walsall will feel hard done by that they had two penalty shouts turned down with their players being booked for diving. That being said, I did think both were dives, but you have seen them both given the other way.

Comment

Scunny very nearly made it 3 wins on the bounce, but Morecambe peģged them back in the 92nd minute. It's been a good week though, lower mid table in our sights if we pick up points from the games in hand. Slight worry today was an injury to Kevin van Veen, who is comfortably our best player.

Home to Bolton on Tuesday and then a whole week before we go to Harrogate, who are starting to struggle, with no wins in their last 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                          Newport score a 96th-minute winner to maintain their improbable title push.
                                          Mixed feelings for HORN Reborn and HORN for this match. Wish he was around to share his thoughts.

Comment

Possibly our best performance of the season so far, yesterday. For a spell it looked as though we'd win by 3 or 4 but conceding a goal just before half time meant we changed our approach in the 2nd half to grind out the win.

I'm still unsure on Evatt, his tactics and his recruitment but an away win, such a rare event these past 10 years, needs to be enjoyed. Scunny on Tuesday, like many other places never a happy hunting ground for us, I'd take a point now tbh.

Comment

An excellent 5-0 win and then Keith Hill is appointed as manager shortly after. Natives underwhelmed and very restless, Vice Chairman has a go back in a now deleted tweet.
                                              Most seem to have calmed down now, but in a week where the club bungled season ticket issues, off pitch issues take the limelight from a great turnaround on it.
                                              Never plain sailing on the deadly submarine!

Comment

Our first ever win at Scunny. Results wise we appear to be gathering momentum and we are playing better than early on in the season but I'm still to be convinced. Watch us lose at Southend now

Comment

The Cloughie bounce didn't last long for Mansfield.

Comment

Quite funny how it's just not happening for them, despite their being among the bookies' promotion favourites for the past few seasons.

Anyway, we're up to the absurd heights of 8th after squeezing past Bradford last night, who initially looked the sharper side before we made a few handy substitutions and they seemed to fade a bit. Don't think we're good enough to be any higher, mind.

One observation from last night's game about five substitutes: even at this level, it seems to incentivise managers with relatively strong squads to pick experimental starting XIs safe in the knowledge they can shuffle things up big time if it's not working. I don't think Bradford have a weaker squad than Orient (probably the reverse), but I think five subs helped us last night. And not in a way I feel entirely comfortable with.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X