Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    We've got to play 18 in the same timescale. There is potential for our squad to be resilient to this, in the hypothetical scenario that the manager rotates the team selection occasionally, and/or brings subs on before the 80 minute mark, which is approx 20 minutes after most of our first XI have started dying on their arses. But we have yet to see that scenario play out so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Exeter (who keep doing the hokey-cokey with the playoff places) have to play 16 matches by May 8th. If there's a late cold snap this year that could prove impossible. Plus how resilient are squads at this level to games every 4 days for 8 weeks?

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Nosebleed territory for Cheltenham as we finally take a chance to go top - all the other times we've had the opportunity we've blown it.

Southend put up a hell of a spirited fight though. They came and said, "here we are, break us down", and boy did we struggle to break them down. The penalty was soft, but is the sort that's given regularly these days. Connor Thomas is now 11/11 in penalty success rate for us since joining a couple of years back.

I'm not sure how long we're likely to remain at the summit, we don't look overly convincing even if we are winning, but I'm going to enjoy it for now because it doesn't happen all that often.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Apart from yet another spiritless collapse by Carlisle, last night's game was notable for referee Trevor Kettle awarding three penalties, but overturning two of them after consulting his assistant in each case. One for each team, and different assistant in each case, being at different ends of the pitch.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    It cleared a bit in the second half, which coincided with us throwing away a lead for the 4th game running. We also conceded a bloody stupid penalty yet again. Morecambe away on Saturday, we have never lost there in a league game - strongly suspect that record is going to be broken this time around.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Scunthorpe somewhat surprisingly helped Cheltenham finally knock Cambridge off the top, Alfie Beestin with the only goal.

Bolton and Bradford are two teams to watch, both on a great run of 5 wins in their last 6, and they meet on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Considering you lost I can't help thinking how lucky you were not to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    10 quid for this! Ffs.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Colchester are currently hosting Carlisle in a thick fog. At least I think they are, I can see fuck all.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Nesta View Post
    Barrow are in serious danger of going straight back out of the football league without having played in front of any fans (unless they managed to get a few in in the brief window in autumn).
    I think they only managed it once

Leave a comment:

• Nesta
    replied
    Barrow are in serious danger of going straight back out of the football league without having played in front of any fans (unless they managed to get a few in in the brief window in autumn).

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    To be fair I'd expect them both to win fourth tier matches by bigger margins so you got off lightly.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    I've been to Goodison once; we lost 3-0. I've been to Anfield once; we lost 3-0. It's a conspiracy, I tells you...

Leave a comment:

• andrew7610
    replied
    Nothing to report from The Broadfield other than the news that Crawley Town's TV's Mark Wright now appears in FIFA, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Reality Checkpoint
    replied

Very pleasing points totals for the top 10:
    52 - Cambridge
    51 - FGR
    50 - Cheltenham
    49 - Morecambe
    48 - Tranmere
    47 - Newport
    46 - Exeter
    45 - Salford
    44 - Bolton
    43 - Carlisle

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    Shit! Did you see that.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Wow, what a goal!!!

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    That was something.

https://twitter.com/Julian_1966/status/1364660512823336967

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Fucking hell. Only just seen it. Much though I'm duty-bound, apparently, to hate Southend, I loathe Forest Green more, so well done.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    Great result for Southend tonight. Hell of a goal in there too!

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Barrow and Grimsby have games in hand.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Southend currently 1 up on Ecotricity FC!!!!

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Southend could still escape, which itself is remarkable given how fucked they are, on and off the pitch. Paul Hurst doesn't seem to have turned it round at Grimsby, yet.

Personally, I am unspeakably unutterably bored by this season. Glad Orient have chosen a behind-closed-doors season to serve up such bland tedious football - one goal in our last six, and only three points. Almost as if we're managed by someone who wouldn't be a first-team coach at any other club.

Leave a comment:

• axel
    replied
    Been lurking here for a while but not posted anything for ages.
    Just wanted to highlight what a great job the 'interim' co-managers at Bradford have done since they have taken over. Now both Trueman and Sellars have been appointed permanently, i was wondering if anyone has any experience of their team having being 'co-managed' and if it works well in the long-term?

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Carlisle are like the clowns making a big entrance into the circus ring, taking the piss out of everyone else in the circus and then just when the attention is on them the wheels and doors have fallen off and they've fallen out of the car and landed on their arses.

We will of course point to the enforced lay off, and now the relentless schedule, and we still don't know how many players got Covid and what the after effects have been (a first year pro is still struggling apparently), but it is still some bumpy landing from where we were at the beginning of January.

It feels like we're in a second pre-season, with players at different levels of fitness, new* players struggling to fit in, and the manager still not decided who is his first XI.

*including players returning from long injuries.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X