No announcement yet.

A Barrow-load of laughs - Division 4 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have been an interesting game too. After a poor run, we've played really well in our past two games and at last put in a proper front-to-back team performance to see off the Salford vanity project last week. But you wonder how many games any of our teams are gonna get in in the next few weeks.

Comment

Tonight's Harrogate v Carlisle match - itself a rescheduled fixture after having been abandoned after 10 minutes a fortnight ago - is now in doubt due to a power cut in the area.

Comment

...and it's called off.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
          Tonight's Harrogate v Carlisle match - itself a rescheduled fixture after having been abandoned after 10 minutes a fortnight ago - is now in doubt due to a power cut in the area.
          Must be very localised. I just told my mother who lives less than a mile from the ground, and it's the first she knew about it.

Comment

2,500 properties affected according to Harrogate Town. Now that the game is off our manager has revealed that three of our players have tested positive and are going into isolation.

Comment

After banging in 16 goals in 18 games, Max Watters has left Crawley for Cardiff. Whilst that probably knackers any chances of making the playoffs, the transfer fee (undisclosed, but rumoured to be just shy of 1 million) secures the club's immediate future.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure - no-one seems to want to take the bull by the horns this season. We've not won in 7 league games, scored 3 goals in that time, and are still in with a shout of topping the league.

Comment

Makes a change from Cardiff yoinking our top scorers.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
                    After banging in 16 goals in 18 games, Max Watters has left Crawley for Cardiff. Whilst that probably knackers any chances of making the playoffs, the transfer fee (undisclosed, but rumoured to be just shy of 1 million) secures the club's immediate future.
                    I've read rising up to 1 million including add ons. Is he any good?

Swansea had a good look but were put off by the fee, however Cardiff appear to have bought him for less than we were quoted.

Comment

Wowsers, this is a heck of a strike.

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1351817490020651008?s=20

Comment

As is this:

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1351643667447083014

Comment

I've seen that so many times in the last 18 hours I think it's now a permanent scar on my brain!!

Comment

Well, that was painful and even if their third was offside, it was a good move and well taken. We are desperate.

Comment

Newport v Carlisle postponed due to a waterlogged pitch which I think makes in six consecutive postponements for Carlisle for four different reasons (one frozen pitch, one power cut, three Covid, one waterlogged pitch), although that included the same match postponed twice (again for two different reasons).

Saturday's forecast is for "sunny intervals and a gentle breeze", so bet on Exeter's bus breaking down en route as the most likely next cause of a postponement.

Comment

Locusts.
                                Yes, in Cumbria.

Comment

Tonight's games at Barrow and Salford were also called off due to the effects of bad weather.

Comment

...and at Mansfield too. Carlisle still have 25 games to fit in between now and the 8th of May - we are already Saturday/Tuesday throughout February and think we only have 23 March, 11 April and 4 May available now as Tuesday slots.

Comment

Very good win for us last night at home to Oldham. Seems Harry Kewell was more concerned at our use of towels for throw-ins than actually how his team fared against us on the pitch.

Our first win after 7 without and we're two points off the top of the table. Yes other teams have games in hand, Carlisle especially, but it just shows how weird this season has been.

Comment

Eventually some clubs in the 3rd and 4th tiers will be playing Saturday-Mon-Thurs-Sat, like they had to do after heavy snow in 1978-79.

Comment

Sounds like April and May when I was playing football, and working as well.

Comment

Even by fourth-tier standards, this season's League Two is absurdly tightly packed and hard to call. You'd predict Southend and Grimsby as the likeliest to go down, unless Paul Hurst can bring the good times back at the latter, but up the top, fuck knows. I've got a niggling feeling that Mark Cooper's well drilled but basically fucking horrible Forest Green are gonna go the distance this time, though Newport, Exeter and Cheltenham are the best three teams I've seen. Exeter's innate Exeterness will probably keep them down though.

Comment

Southend will go down this season as we're just so bad. Only another side going bust or the National leagues being abandoning their season will save us now.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Tonight's games at Barrow and Salford were also called off due to the effects of bad weather.
                                                Really poor from Barrow to call it off little over an hour before kick-off. Clearly could have been called off much earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                  Even by fourth-tier standards, this season's League Two is absurdly tightly packed and hard to call. You'd predict Southend and Grimsby as the likeliest to go down, unless Paul Hurst can bring the good times back at the latter, but up the top, fuck knows. I've got a niggling feeling that Mark Cooper's well drilled but basically fucking horrible Forest Green are gonna go the distance this time, though Newport, Exeter and Cheltenham are the best three teams I've seen. Exeter's innate Exeterness will probably keep them down though.
                                                  Our current form suggests we will go down but I believe Hurst will keep us up. We need a couple more signings ideally but the players he has brought in so far who have played have impressed on their debuts. Whether we stay up or not, expect a huge clear out in the summer as there's a few players who he clearly doesn't fancy.

Comment

This could probably go in the positives of Covid thread in World, but this Saturday we're away to Forest Green. No fans attending means that those idiots who think it's Millwall-West Ham at the height of the casuals won't get there 10 mins of standing behind police cordons pretending to want to fight in a town that's more sleepy than one of the 7 dwarves.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X