Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    It's potentially Make or Break Tuesday tomorrow, I think I'm right in saying nine out of the top twelve teams are playing games in hand tomorrow, including Newport and Carlisle playing each other which apparently I've already paid for when it was first postponed. Salford play Bolton in the other all top-half match.

Could be some seasons effectively ended, or alternatively there could be a load of draws and we all carry on as before.

A win for Barrow at home to Exeter would just about see them safe (not mathematically but it would take a hell of a combination of results to relegate them).

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Cheltenham are going up and we are going down. Meeting in the middle.
    Apologies. I misread.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    I've been to Millmoor but not the New York Stadium. I want to do a few aways next season, so Rotherham could be one of them*.

*If we go up, and Millers go down.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    You're dropping two divisions?
    Cheltenham are going up and we are going down. Meeting in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• My Name Is Ian
    replied
    Originally posted by Levin View Post
    What happened with Grimsby then?
    Two of their players got in a row after Bradford scored their first goal and one of them headbutted the other. Unfortunately, it was one of those "press your forehead against theirs and then move slightly" rather than a full nose-breaking crack.
    ​​​​​​
    Grimsby are fucked, by the looks of it.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    You're dropping two divisions?

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    See you next season...

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Think today could be the day when promotion was practically confirmed. 7 points clear of 4th, top by a point with a game in hand, 6 games to go.

Pinch me - it doesn't feel real.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Exeter decide the right time to score for the first time in April is to win 4-1 away at the leaders. Bonkers league this season this.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    What happened with Grimsby then?

Leave a comment:

• Greenlander
    replied
    Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
    Fun fact :

https://twitter.com/OfficialPVFC/status/1379818782315716615?s=19

Of course, there aren't many current League clubs who have played against all of the other current League clubs, in the League, and is likely to be reset next season, but still.
    I reckon Argyle get as close as anyone, but have never beaten Arsenal (1 draw in 8) and, never had a chance against Harrogate.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Southend have sacked their manager Mark Moseley and have re-appointed Phil Brown. It's about two months to late and I still don't think we'll stay up, but it's never dull following Southend that's for certain.

SOUTHEND United have confirmed the departure of manager Mark Molesley.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Fun fact :

https://twitter.com/OfficialPVFC/status/1379818782315716615?s=19

Of course, there aren't many current League clubs who have played against all of the other current League clubs, in the League, and is likely to be reset next season, but still.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Another 2-0 win for Carlisle and we can now be officially described as being "on the verge of the play off places". Definitely much improved in terms of performance and confidence, but still think we'll fall short.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    It is a poor division this season, for all sorts of understandable reasons. I don't think Orient are good enough to still be in with a shout of the play-offs but here we are, unbeaten in six, and still in contention. Cheltenham - one of the few genuinely high-quality teams I've seen this season - may disabuse us of these hopes on Saturday mind.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    She's been getting a lot of praise from Vale fans on another forum I frequent. No Harrogate fans on there though.

Apparently she let the game flow, took no crap and had respect of the players from the start.

A quite refreshing take in fairness.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    First female referee in the EFL today - Rebecca Welch took charge of Harrogate 0-2 Port Vale. Little controversy, one yellow per side.

I thought this particular barrier had already been broken down, apparently not, which is a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Baptiste
    replied
    The Cambridge penalty was a baffling decision. Decent performance after Friday’s shambles but same story up front today with added appalling crossing.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Don't be fooled by Grimsby's position. They were 7 games unbeaten before today, so our draw up there is a great result considering Bolton and FGR losing.

5 wins guarantees promotion. 3 or 4 will probably be enough.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Does anyone want to be promoted? After Friday's two wins amongst the top eight teams, today there was just one amongst the top nine (take a bow Newport). Overall this meant it was a good day for Cambridge as leaders - their result was decent enough at this point of the season anyway, when you are top a draw at the side who started the day just outside the promotion places (i.e. Tranmere) is helpful as it is another fixture played without the lead being shrunk, but in fact it proved to be more than that thanks to the losses for Bolton (3rd this morning, now 4th) and Forest Green (5th to still 5th) and draws for Exeter (8th all day) and Orient (9th am and pm).

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Good. Fuck Southend

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    Second successive 2-0 win for Carlisle, and now hopes are rising just in time for them to get dashed again.

Things look bleak for Southend - the best I can say is that they were still in it until our second goal, but the energy levels looked low, not least on the saved penalty. Seemed to be a couple of injuries as well.

Leave a comment:

• Foot of Astaire's
    replied
    We were poor today. First 15 minutes we passed it around well and Colchester looked nervy. The passing style that Evatts introduced works well when the ball is moved quickly, today it was too pedestrian and the bulk of our possession was shared between the goalkeeper and central defenders. Colchester soon realised we were offering little threat and grew into the game. They deserved their point.

I should be quite chuffed with the results of the 3pm KOs as we finished the day in 3rd but failing to win means we missed a great opportunity to open up a gap with Cambridge and Cheltenham. Mondays games will be pivotal.

I felt for Grimsby today. So close to ending Salfords unbeaten home run and giving themselves a chance of survival that 88th minute equaliser seemed to kill both off.

Leave a comment:

• Baptiste
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon G View Post
    We were outstanding today - now watch us go to bottom of the table Grimsby on Monday and throw today's win down the drain
    To be honest, don’t think Cheltenham had to get out of second gear we were that disjointed and weak. Lovely 4th goal. Not having a decent back up striker will end up costing us promotion.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    We were outstanding today - now watch us go to bottom of the table Grimsby on Monday and throw today's win down the drain

Leave a comment:

Working...
X