Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Barrow-load of laughs - Division 4 2020/21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
    Anything that derails their season (even a little bit) is a good thing. Wonder who is lined up to take over, hopefully not Paul Cook or anyone competent.
    Alexander being in charge was the one thing I thought was holding them back. The concern now is that they get someone in who's competent.

    Comment


      I've just noticed that Morecambe are top of the table having won 4 and lost one... And have a goal difference of - 1.

      Comment


        They lost their 2nd game 0-5 at home to Cambridge, and as you can no doubt deduce, they've won 4 times by a single goal.
        It's very strange to see them up there, I don't think it will last, although their squad does have a few names who are recognisable as half decent at this level (including Yann Songo'o, who I'd forgotten Scunny had binned), and Derek Adams tends to know what he's doing.

        Comment


          Scunthorpe have sacked winger Ryan Colclough, who was occasionally very good but more frequently injured.

          He's been charged with assaulting a police officer at a Taco Bell drive through in Doncaster (!) while apparently drunk and disorderly.

          It happened in June and charges were brought at the end of September, but it seems to have slipped Ryan's mind to inform the club, and the club also failed to spot the information when it became public domain, he even captained the side against Man City's kids in the EFL Trophy.

          It seems I'm no longer "in the know" about the club, as judging from Facebook comments (I know) his refuelling and behavioural problems have been common knowledge among fans for a while.

          Good luck to him.

          Comment


            Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
            He's been charged with assaulting a police officer at a Taco Bell drive through in Doncaster (!) while apparently drunk and disorderly
            That will go on his wrap (sic) sheet.

            ​​​(Needs work admittedly.)

            Comment


              Deep into nose-bleed territory! Second 5-0 away win and GD of 12 after only 6 games.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Reality Checkpoint View Post
                Deep into nose-bleed territory! Second 5-0 away win and GD of 12 after only 6 games.
                I know. What the fuck is going on there? Long may it continue

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  What the fuck is going on there? Long may it continue
                  We're not even at those dizzy heights but we have the same sentiment at this point in the CUFC triangle, having beaten the third one 3-2 today. Bit of a roller coaster - coasting at 2-0 and wasting chances and good positions before dumb defending handed Colchester an easy goal and a penalty, then we piled on the pressure until Colchester eventually cracked. Before and after the winner we wasted far better chances than the ones we actually took.

                  I watched it on ifollow, the first time I've used it so only the second time I've seen us play this season, the other being the 'test event' against Southend. That day after a poor start to the season we rolled over a very poor side, and showed some promise going forward while still exposing concerns at the back - today both of those were writ even larger but we seem to be getting away with it for now. I certainly didn't expect 5th at this stage.

                  Comment


                    Streamed my first O’s match of the season yesterday. OK, we were poor - but it’s a pretty empty experience at Div 4 level, isn’t it? Found myself wandering off for much of the match.

                    Think I’ll have to downwardly revise my expectations for Orient this season on that “effort”.

                    Comment


                      I didn't mind the ifollow experience, though working in its favour for me is the fact that the camera position is quite close to where we sit, so it's a familiar view.

                      Going back to something mentioned on here (or perhaps another thread) - I heard on a podcast that Barrow have got a new training base, moving from Rochdale to..... Knutsford. Handy for the motorway I suppose.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

                        We're not even at those dizzy heights but we have the same sentiment at this point in the CUFC triangle, having beaten the third one 3-2 today. Bit of a roller coaster - coasting at 2-0 and wasting chances and good positions before dumb defending handed Colchester an easy goal and a penalty, then we piled on the pressure until Colchester eventually cracked. Before and after the winner we wasted far better chances than the ones we actually took.

                        I watched it on ifollow, the first time I've used it so only the second time I've seen us play this season, the other being the 'test event' against Southend. That day after a poor start to the season we rolled over a very poor side, and showed some promise going forward while still exposing concerns at the back - today both of those were writ even larger but we seem to be getting away with it for now. I certainly didn't expect 5th at this stage.
                        Lots of kids at the school where I teach are huge Foxes fans and were full of it this morning. It was great to listen to - teenagers talking excitedly about football without mentioning the PL once.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X