No announcement yet.

A Barrow-load of laughs - Division 4 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the reasoning, although I can't see much logic there.

https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1390654245574266880

Comment

Absolutely ludicrous people.

Comment

They are getting laughed at in the comments, understandably. They opposed the Super League but want this protection from being relegated on merit?

Comment

So, to follow the logic, no relegation from any of the EFL divisions then? That'll give 22 teams in league two, 25 in league one and 27 in the championship, assuming the premier league is not willing to swell to 23 clubs.

Fucking clowns.

Comment

Salford's game v Orient has been delayed an hour. If they are still in play-off contention after the other games are done, there will be some serious ranting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
              So, to follow the logic, no relegation from any of the EFL divisions then? That'll give 22 teams in league two, 25 in league one and 27 in the championship, assuming the premier league is not willing to swell to 23 clubs.

Fucking clowns.
              Or alternatively, the real unfairness down the pyramid is that neither Gloucester or Fylde, or Dorking, are being promoted into the National League next season after their seasons got curtailed. In the spirit of such fairness they should promote two of those and Southend and Grimsby could volunteer to replace them in South and North next year.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                Salford's game v Orient has been delayed an hour. If they are still in play-off contention after the other games are done, there will be some serious ranting.
                Isn't it going to be hard to make the pitch playable in an hour? Salford need the win no matter what happens elsewhere; it's the ones above them who would gain an advantage by playing later.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 08-05-2021, 13:32.

Comment

Exeter City in the playoff places AS THINGS STAND as Jeff likes to yell...

Comment

Salford finish 8th . Surely they should be in the 2nd Division by now.

Comment

If I have anything akin to a second team in the English professional game it's Cambridge Utd so this afternoon's result went some way to mitigating the previous football news. Just seen pictures of the players standing on the roof of the turnstiles celebrating with the fans in the car park, which gave me a bit of a positive buzz

Comment

Congratulations to the otfers on here who've been promoted today.

Comment

By the way ad hoc, when did Sheffield Wednesday last play Cambridge United in the league?

Comment

Congratulations to Simon G. And yes, you are West Country. I saw many a Cheltenham - Gloucester City Derby in my time from the other side. You've come a bloody long way since then. And Michael Duff is now very justifiably a club legend.

As a bloke from Stroud, I'm also happy for Forest Green. I still don't quite understand the hate. Although I do think the ground move to a soulless place by the M5 is a massive shame.

Please remind me people why they are the devil incarnate?

Comment

Commiserations, Rogin - apart from Forest Green, all seem perfectly decent clubs in the playoffs, and only Tranmere have first-hand knowledge of the third tier since the Eighties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                By the way ad hoc, when did Sheffield Wednesday last play Cambridge United in the league?
                                Been a while. I saw us play a few times in the second division when I was a teenager.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                  Congratulations to Simon G. And yes, you are West Country. I saw many a Cheltenham - Gloucester City Derby in my time from the other side. You've come a bloody long way since then. And Michael Duff is now very justifiably a club legend.

As a bloke from Stroud, I'm also happy for Forest Green. I still don't quite understand the hate. Although I do think the ground move to a soulless place by the M5 is a massive shame.

Please remind me people why they are the devil incarnate?
                                  Presumably the owner rubbing people up the wrong way - if he was actually from the area, suspect there would be fewer objections.

Comment

Yes, big congratulations to everyone coming up but especially Cheltenham who ensure we have some form of westcountry rival next season.

It could be worse, back in the late 80s we had to make do with West Brom.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                      1983-84, 2nd tier, the last of four consecutive seasons. 1977-78, 3rd tier, seems to have been their first meeting. They avoided each other in the Beck era.

Comment

Yeah we just missed each other in 91.

Comment

We played each other in the League Cup about five years ago, Cambridge equalised with virtually the last kick (plus ca change) and won in extra time. We also met in the FA Cup in 91, though I'd rather not talk about that, and again in the same competition a couple of years later when we ended up going to the final.

Comment

Scunthorpe go down to a division-leading 24th defeat of the season, equalling our previous worst at this level in 1975, when we had Neil Warnock flying down the wing.

3 years ago (and 4 years ago) we were preparing for the League 1 Play Offs, after a 5th (and 3rd) place finish. A swift descent since then, but the only way is up. Apart from down, that's also an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                              Or alternatively, the real unfairness down the pyramid is that neither Gloucester or Fylde, or Dorking, are being promoted into the National League next season after their seasons got curtailed. In the spirit of such fairness they should promote two of those and Southend and Grimsby could volunteer to replace them in South and North next year.
                                              Or even it isn’t unfair at all that there is promotion/relegation where both Divisions involved have played enough of a season to regard it as valid, and promotion/relegation ceases at the level where the Division below has voided its competition.

Comment

I know we have the same argument every year about the playoffs, but the one irrefutable thing is that they seem to keep Exeter's seasons exciting right up to game 46 almost every single bloody year.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                  We played each other in the League Cup about five years ago, Cambridge equalised with virtually the last kick (plus ca change) and won in extra time. We also met in the FA Cup in 91, though I'd rather not talk about that, and again in the same competition a couple of years later when we ended up going to the final.
                                                  I was at that league cup tie. My first recollection was Wednesday won very easily, like 7-0. But no, thinking back harder, that was against Sunderland. I take it you are right and Cambridge did win the one I was at. But aside from knowing I’ve seen these two clubs play each other, and that Wednesday’s shirt numbering system was rubbish, I don’t recall anything else about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                    Scunthorpe go down to a division-leading 24th defeat of the season, equalling our previous worst at this level in 1975, when we had Neil Warnock flying down the wing.
                                                    He was bloody rubbish wasn't he. I'd vaguely wondered who we'd infected with him.

Still, he was a great manager for us...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X