Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. Fuck Southend

Comment

Does anyone want to be promoted? After Friday's two wins amongst the top eight teams, today there was just one amongst the top nine (take a bow Newport). Overall this meant it was a good day for Cambridge as leaders - their result was decent enough at this point of the season anyway, when you are top a draw at the side who started the day just outside the promotion places (i.e. Tranmere) is helpful as it is another fixture played without the lead being shrunk, but in fact it proved to be more than that thanks to the losses for Bolton (3rd this morning, now 4th) and Forest Green (5th to still 5th) and draws for Exeter (8th all day) and Orient (9th am and pm).

Comment

Don't be fooled by Grimsby's position. They were 7 games unbeaten before today, so our draw up there is a great result considering Bolton and FGR losing.

5 wins guarantees promotion. 3 or 4 will probably be enough.

Comment

The Cambridge penalty was a baffling decision. Decent performance after Friday’s shambles but same story up front today with added appalling crossing.

Comment

First female referee in the EFL today - Rebecca Welch took charge of Harrogate 0-2 Port Vale. Little controversy, one yellow per side.

I thought this particular barrier had already been broken down, apparently not, which is a surprise.

Comment

She's been getting a lot of praise from Vale fans on another forum I frequent. No Harrogate fans on there though.

Apparently she let the game flow, took no crap and had respect of the players from the start.

A quite refreshing take in fairness.

Comment

It is a poor division this season, for all sorts of understandable reasons. I don't think Orient are good enough to still be in with a shout of the play-offs but here we are, unbeaten in six, and still in contention. Cheltenham - one of the few genuinely high-quality teams I've seen this season - may disabuse us of these hopes on Saturday mind.

Comment

Another 2-0 win for Carlisle and we can now be officially described as being "on the verge of the play off places". Definitely much improved in terms of performance and confidence, but still think we'll fall short.

Comment

Fun fact :

https://twitter.com/OfficialPVFC/status/1379818782315716615?s=19

Of course, there aren't many current League clubs who have played against all of the other current League clubs, in the League, and is likely to be reset next season, but still.

Comment

Southend have sacked their manager Mark Moseley and have re-appointed Phil Brown. It's about two months to late and I still don't think we'll stay up, but it's never dull following Southend that's for certain.

SOUTHEND United have confirmed the departure of manager Mark Molesley.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                        Fun fact :

https://twitter.com/OfficialPVFC/status/1379818782315716615?s=19

Of course, there aren't many current League clubs who have played against all of the other current League clubs, in the League, and is likely to be reset next season, but still.
                        I reckon Argyle get as close as anyone, but have never beaten Arsenal (1 draw in 8) and, never had a chance against Harrogate.

Comment

What happened with Grimsby then?

Comment

Exeter decide the right time to score for the first time in April is to win 4-1 away at the leaders. Bonkers league this season this.

Comment

Think today could be the day when promotion was practically confirmed. 7 points clear of 4th, top by a point with a game in hand, 6 games to go.

Pinch me - it doesn't feel real.

Comment

See you next season...

Comment

You're dropping two divisions?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    What happened with Grimsby then?
                                    Two of their players got in a row after Bradford scored their first goal and one of them headbutted the other. Unfortunately, it was one of those "press your forehead against theirs and then move slightly" rather than a full nose-breaking crack.
                                    ​​​​​​
                                    Grimsby are fucked, by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      You're dropping two divisions?
                                      Cheltenham are going up and we are going down. Meeting in the middle.

Comment

I've been to Millmoor but not the New York Stadium. I want to do a few aways next season, so Rotherham could be one of them*.

*If we go up, and Millers go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                          Cheltenham are going up and we are going down. Meeting in the middle.
                                          Apologies. I misread.

Comment

It's potentially Make or Break Tuesday tomorrow, I think I'm right in saying nine out of the top twelve teams are playing games in hand tomorrow, including Newport and Carlisle playing each other which apparently I've already paid for when it was first postponed. Salford play Bolton in the other all top-half match.

Could be some seasons effectively ended, or alternatively there could be a load of draws and we all carry on as before.

A win for Barrow at home to Exeter would just about see them safe (not mathematically but it would take a hell of a combination of results to relegate them).

Comment

And I might lose interest in this information within the next 26 hours, but for the record the play off dates are:

1st Legs - Thursday 20th 6.00pm, 8.15pm
                                              2nd Legs - Sunday 23rd 12.30pm, 6.30pm
                                              Final - Monday 31st May 3.00pm

Comment

Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

It's an intriguing set of fixtures - there's one scenario (Carlisle and Bradford win, Exeter and Salford lose) that would see three teams tied for the final play off spot on 61 points. On the other hand, if Newport, Exeter and Salford were to win...

Scunthorpe are away at Morecambe in a 6.30 kick off so could potentially tighten things up in the play offs should they get a result (although just a goal would be nice).

Comment

Yes, make or break Tuesday for Rovers for sure. Not sure I can face another play off campaign, though at this rate we could finish 8th or below. And then I remember how we couldn’t possibly play 10 games behind closed doors this time last year and wonder why I am bothered in the first place about this farce of a season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X