Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrow and Grimsby have games in hand.

Comment

Great result for Southend tonight. Hell of a goal in there too!

Comment

Fucking hell. Only just seen it. Much though I'm duty-bound, apparently, to hate Southend, I loathe Forest Green more, so well done.

Comment

That was something.

https://twitter.com/Julian_1966/status/1364660512823336967

Comment

Wow, what a goal!!!

Comment

Shit! Did you see that.

Comment

Very pleasing points totals for the top 10:
                52 - Cambridge
                51 - FGR
                50 - Cheltenham
                49 - Morecambe
                48 - Tranmere
                47 - Newport
                46 - Exeter
                45 - Salford
                44 - Bolton
                43 - Carlisle

Comment

Nothing to report from The Broadfield other than the news that Crawley Town's TV's Mark Wright now appears in FIFA, apparently.

Comment

I've been to Goodison once; we lost 3-0. I've been to Anfield once; we lost 3-0. It's a conspiracy, I tells you...

Comment

To be fair I'd expect them both to win fourth tier matches by bigger margins so you got off lightly.

Comment

Barrow are in serious danger of going straight back out of the football league without having played in front of any fans (unless they managed to get a few in in the brief window in autumn).

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                          Barrow are in serious danger of going straight back out of the football league without having played in front of any fans (unless they managed to get a few in in the brief window in autumn).
                          I think they only managed it once

Comment

Colchester are currently hosting Carlisle in a thick fog. At least I think they are, I can see fuck all.

Comment

10 quid for this! Ffs.

Comment

Considering you lost I can't help thinking how lucky you were not to see it.

Comment

Scunthorpe somewhat surprisingly helped Cheltenham finally knock Cambridge off the top, Alfie Beestin with the only goal.

Bolton and Bradford are two teams to watch, both on a great run of 5 wins in their last 6, and they meet on Saturday.

Comment

It cleared a bit in the second half, which coincided with us throwing away a lead for the 4th game running. We also conceded a bloody stupid penalty yet again. Morecambe away on Saturday, we have never lost there in a league game - strongly suspect that record is going to be broken this time around.

Comment

Apart from yet another spiritless collapse by Carlisle, last night's game was notable for referee Trevor Kettle awarding three penalties, but overturning two of them after consulting his assistant in each case. One for each team, and different assistant in each case, being at different ends of the pitch.

Comment

Nosebleed territory for Cheltenham as we finally take a chance to go top - all the other times we've had the opportunity we've blown it.

Southend put up a hell of a spirited fight though. They came and said, "here we are, break us down", and boy did we struggle to break them down. The penalty was soft, but is the sort that's given regularly these days. Connor Thomas is now 11/11 in penalty success rate for us since joining a couple of years back.

I'm not sure how long we're likely to remain at the summit, we don't look overly convincing even if we are winning, but I'm going to enjoy it for now because it doesn't happen all that often.

Comment

Exeter (who keep doing the hokey-cokey with the playoff places) have to play 16 matches by May 8th. If there's a late cold snap this year that could prove impossible. Plus how resilient are squads at this level to games every 4 days for 8 weeks?

Comment

We've got to play 18 in the same timescale. There is potential for our squad to be resilient to this, in the hypothetical scenario that the manager rotates the team selection occasionally, and/or brings subs on before the 80 minute mark, which is approx 20 minutes after most of our first XI have started dying on their arses. But we have yet to see that scenario play out so who knows.

Comment

Dear Lord Grimsby are fucked. Definitely the worst team we've played this season (they looked quite sprightly in winning 3-2 at our place in October), and obliging opponents for the first game in charge for the wonderful Jobi McAnuff at Orient. We at least played with some assertiveness and ambition, and I even found myself shouting and swearing at the screen at points as opposed to gazing blankly at the screen, bored out of my mind and wondering what the point of it was, which was the default for so many recent games under Ross Embleton.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                Dear Lord Grimsby are fucked. Definitely the worst team we've played this season (they looked quite sprightly in winning 3-2 at our place in October), and obliging opponents for the first game in charge for the wonderful Jobi McAnuff at Orient. We at least played with some assertiveness and ambition, and I even found myself shouting and swearing at the screen at points as opposed to gazing blankly at the screen, bored out of my mind and wondering what the point of it was, which was the default for so many recent games under Ross Embleton.
                                                We'll stay up.

Comment

I hope you don't.

Comment

It was a war of attrition at Vale Park yesterday. Our football and our results have been getting better each week culminating with the midweek win over Cambridge, where for 70 minutes Wanderers played the best footy I've seen them play in 25 years.

Yesterday, both sides struggled on a pudding of a pitch in blustery conditions and the only real bit of quality resulted with the winning goal.

We've probably left it too late to get into the automatic places but Vale are a good reminder of what can happen if you dont make it. Covid curtailed their late run last year. This year they look as though they may go down.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X