Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Nice win, Lincoln. All going well so far.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Well that was a brilliant defensive display. Was expecting a late onslaught from Sunderland but never happened. If McGeady finds his scoring boots we will be in trouble but thought Eyoma and Montsma were magnificent at the back. Wyke didn't have a sniff.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Thommo on Radio Lincs: "It's about concentration now." Such insight.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    This game is live on 2 threads.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.

How we needed that. Great pressure from Johnson to block the keeper's clearance.
    Last edited by RobW; 19-05-2021, 18:38.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    I'd take Rogers off and bring on McGrandles, we're looking a bit desperate and ponderous.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Oh fuck. Keeper's down after making great save. Can we have another emergency loan?

McGeady has one trick, why are we letting him cut in onto his right all of a sudden?

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post
    Morgan Rogers starting to annoy me. Calm down lad and show some composure.
    Fucksake lad. He'll be some player when Pep gets the best out of him.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    What a save earlier by Bursik btw, magnificent. Not so good defending from the resulting corner.

Bout time O' Nien got a yellow.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Morgan Rogers starting to annoy me. Calm down lad and show some composure.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Crowd noise too. What's that all about?

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Get the fuck in. Brilliant from Bridcutt, good gamble by Hopper. Now don't sit back

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    I love listening to the radio commentary. Feel like I'm 12 again.

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    1-0. Get in.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Good first half display, just lacking cutting edge. Scully's been bright, Johnson's hit the post from distance and we've been defending pretty well against Sunderland's direct football. Biggest threat seems to be McGeady's delivery from set pieces and Gooch striking from range, but new keeper has had little to do and looked very good. Lost Jackson to injury early on which is a blow, and Jorge Grant needs to get more involved. Can't see Sunderland being as poor in second half.

Leave a comment:

• JM Footzee
    replied
    That he's on/was on emergency loans at Lincoln and Peterborough might have something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I thought there was a maximum amount of clubs a player could turn out for in a season that he might have exceeded, or doesn't that apply for loans?
    I thought the same, but apparently the rules were recently relaxed by Fifa. Still seems a bit rum that he played for Peterborough in the controversial 3-3 draw a couple of weeks ago and is now playing for their opponents.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Unbelievable save that the ref somehow doesn't see. Lively opening.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
    He also started the season on loan at Doncaster before being recalled due to an injury crisis and playing a few games for Stoke. How many players have played for four different league clubs in one season?
    I thought there was a maximum amount of clubs a player could turn out for in a season that he might have exceeded, or doesn't that apply for loans?

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    McGrandles left on bench with Scully playing up top and Johnson behind Tom Hopper. Bit surprised by that tbh. Very attacking line up.

Leave a comment:

• JM Footzee
    replied
    Originally posted by RobW View Post
    Imps keeper Alex Palmer suffered a blow to the head in training and subsequently cannot play tonight due to concussion protocols. Club have been given permission to get an emergency loan in and got Stoke keeper Josef Bursik in. Having been on loan recently at Posh, could he possibly win promotion from the same league with two clubs?
    He also started the season on loan at Doncaster before being recalled due to an injury crisis and playing a few games for Stoke. How many players have played for four different league clubs in one season?

Leave a comment:

• imp
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

As Nesta notes: not good enough. Shoddy start to the season. Inconsistent afterwards. Lucky to sneak into the play-offs when other teams lost form. Others pointed out that we've been flat track bullies against lower teams all year but useless against the better teams. And Blackpool were clearly the better team. Better defending. Better going forward. Better in possession. Better control. The third goal might be explained by the fact that we'd started pushing forward, feeling the need to score at least one at home, but we rarely looked like actually scoring despite leaving increasing amounts of space at the back.
    Well, at least you were beaten fair and square by a better team - that's always easier to handle than bad luck/refereeing. Pity we didn't get to play you instead of Sunderland.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    I see the lovely Karl Robinson continues to talk shite.

We lost out in playoffs a couple of times when we were in the Ryman Prem. Very painful it was. My sympathies with fans of all unsuccessful teams.

When are the second games? Saturday?

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Originally posted by imp View Post
    Any explanation from Oxford fans, or is it too soon to talk about it?
    As Nesta notes: not good enough. Shoddy start to the season. Inconsistent afterwards. Lucky to sneak into the play-offs when other teams lost form. Others pointed out that we've been flat track bullies against lower teams all year but useless against the better teams. And Blackpool were clearly the better team. Better defending. Better going forward. Better in possession. Better control. The third goal might be explained by the fact that we'd started pushing forward, feeling the need to score at least one at home, but we rarely looked like actually scoring despite leaving increasing amounts of space at the back.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Imps keeper Alex Palmer suffered a blow to the head in training and subsequently cannot play tonight due to concussion protocols. Club have been given permission to get an emergency loan in and got Stoke keeper Josef Bursik in. Having been on loan recently at Posh, could he possibly win promotion from the same league with two clubs?

Naturally, i'm deeply pessimistic and I just hope that we're still in with a chance of winning on Saturday afternoon.
    Last edited by RobW; 19-05-2021, 12:09.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X