Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip.

Comment

Still a way to go, so it's still not clear how big our injury time winner was today, but it felt pretty good after a tough game against a decent side.

Comment

Sunderland are looking good, No idea how good they really are since I don't see any of this, so maybe someone can inform me.

Comment

Especially if Trevor kettle Is refereeing

Comment

Isn't Trevor Kettle biased against everyone?

Comment

Trevor Kettle is biased against competent refereeing.

Comment

Sounds like there was a bit of half time needle at the Stadium Of Light yesterday, and there's talk of the police getting involved. Just dock them 10 points instead, I say.

Comment

I'm no particular fan of Sunderland, but I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone what an arsehole Karl Robinson is.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                    I'm no particular fan of Sunderland, but I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone what an arsehole Karl Robinson is.

Thanks.
                    This.
                    Oxford play Gillingham in a couple of weeks time. Imagine that empty stadium with just the cunty voices of cunty Robinson and cunty Evans echoing around it. It's the eighth circle of hell, I'd rather be sat in a Tory cabinet meeting.

Comment

Doncaster Rovers have spent the last few months perfecting a new breed of football which doesn't involve using the opposition penalty area in any meaningful way and we're really really good at it. Following a run of 9 wins from 10 games, we've now won 2 in 13. Hello midtable... we missed you.

Comment

Worth checking out the Adebayor-esque goal celebration from Max Power in that Sunderland game. I guess he's not a fan of Mr Robinson either.

Comment

While I applaud any attempt to wind up that cunt Robinson, he's already been given a red card and sent to the stands before Power gave it all that to Oxford's bench.

Comment

Oxford have dropped their complaint anyway.

In every town and city there's a bar, pretentious to the extreme, full of tragic bastards dressed like Peaky Blinders extras, or slip on shoes and no socks. Karl Robinson is the epitome of the male presence in such hellholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                              While I applaud any attempt to wind up that poohead Robinson, he's already been given a red card and sent to the stands before Power gave it all that to Oxford's bench.
                              It still upset him though, didn't it? So I'm good.

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                              Oxford have dropped their complaint anyway.
                              Haha, that aged well, didn't it?

Comment

Good win for Salop today. Not far away from mathematical safety now.

Comment

That could have been even more comprehensive today, Northampton were possibly the poorest side I've seen all season. Still, with the draw at London Road it puts a few goals between us and the other two. 4 wins from the last 6 should be enough for at least top 2, I reckon.

Comment

Ipswich takeover confirmed. The new owners are a new company called Gamechanger 20 Ltd. Majority (90%)owned by a US Investment Fund called ORG, represented by Ed Schwartz, 5% by a fund called Three Lions, managed by Brett Johnson, Berke Bakay and Mark Detmer, who are all involved in Phoenix Rising of the USL, with Marcus Evans retaining 5% but stepping away. Johnson, Bakay and Detmer will oversee the club, with former West Brom chairman Mike O'Leary becoming chair.

ORG are also involved in real estate, but as a club, we don't really have any assets to strip. The club owns the ground, but not the land it's built on (the council own that, despite Evans trying to buy it). We owned our training ground, but Evans sold himself that, but apart from an usused part of that, the rest of the training ground is reportedly returning to the club (or the new owners).

The investment fund will want a return, and the only way to do that is to get into the Prermier League. But that was Evans' original plan until he got bored (unless we were a convenient tax wheeze, whereby he could offset his tax with our losses).

It all feels a little too good to be true.

Comment

Exactly my feelings. Hope worse than despair etc. All I want is a club properly run. Dare I say it, something like Norwich have become. Rational ambition, sensible financial management, no misplaced sense of entitlement, just a chance for the current and next generation of Town fans to get as much enjoyment out of the club as I did in the 70s and early 80s.

Comment

Blimey.

Comment

1 home win in the whole division today. 8 home goals, 28 away.

And another clinical display from The Tigers. What could have been a tricky game was in the end a relative stroll in the park. Really feels like we're coming home with a wet sail.

Comment

Surprised but utterly delighted to see the Imps get a point after being 2-0 down just after the break, particularly as Blackpool should have made it 3 or 4-0 before the hour. As has been the case on this awful run, often we are our own worse enemy. Created sod all before HT except for one good run from Brennan Johnson whilst Blackpool created three or four great opportunities before taking the lead, which coincided with Radio Lincolnshire losing comms (sadly, they found them again).
                                            Joe Walsh came on at HT which is a great boost and he looked very assured at the back. Max Sanders started his first game since February(?) but looked rusty and lasted just 45 minutes. Anthony Scully scored a well taken volley and then created the equaliser for Johnson with an acute pass - I seriously don't know why he doesn't start more often, particularly as Rogers is largely anonymous. TJ Eyoma should also be starting at RB, he's far better than Regan Poole imo. Desperately need to start winning though and Tuesday night at home to Franchise would be perfect opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                                              Really feels like we're coming home with a wet sail.
                                              New one on me, I had to go look it up.

Comment

We scored five goals. That's five. That's as many as we scored in the preceding eight games put together.

Five goals.
                                                Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 11-04-2021, 09:59.

Comment

We scored six

Comment

We haven't had a shot on target for over three hours.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X