No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurrrgh. Started second half brightly and though we were on top, only to fucking concede from our own defensive free kick taken short. McGrandles culpable for me, along with Palmer for not punching it wide but straight out, though Alan Parry blamed Lewis Montsma for taking the free kick short. City created fuck all except one chance straight after. Can see us slipping to 8th by end of season. Could do with a 2 week covid break tbh.

Eight players out now at the moment, at least two that won't be seen again this season.
    Last edited by RobW; 26-03-2021, 22:22.

Comment

Portsmouth currently playing Shrewsbury off the park. The iFollow commentary team spent nearly half an hour sneering at the Cowley style before finally spotting they're playing sharp 2-touch moves on the ground and we can't get near them.

Ryan Sears looking like someone who won a charity auction to get in the match day squad.

Comment

Fuck's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          Bournemouth scored a goal from it in pre-season 2019 when the new rule had only just come in (from 1:20 in the video below) so I'd be amazed if there hadn't been multiple examples in addition to the ones above by now :
          Earliest and highest profile one I can recall was in the Premier League quite early in the 2019/20 season, from 1:08 in the below...

Comment

The hapless Sears was hooked at HT and Salop have now pulled one back through a bit of individual magic from Ogbeta.

Pompey continue to play around us like cones.

Comment

Red card for Marquis. Predicting the possession stats not to alter too much.

Comment

Couldn't follow the Wimbledon game today as I was driving my daughter home for the university holidays.

As agreed in advance, the Cobblers fan in the office called me on the motorway with a full time update from his iFollow viewing.

Fair play, if my team had conceded an 88th minute winner and had a 97th minute penalty saved against a relegation rival (that meant they pulled level on points and one place behind through one goal difference with two games in hand) I wouldn't have made the call.

It's all gone a bit hope, despair, kills me again.
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-03-2021, 19:08.

Comment

Yeah, today was a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

Anthony, not Liam. However, given that we are now missing Callum Morton too, I think through Covid too and have limited bench, he may as well join the squad.
                    Liam is actually a very good goalkeeper, which sadly means he's probably not much use in the current injury issues City have.

Comment

Guess which team are still in 17th place. Go on.

Comment

Joey Barton is trending on Twitter. It's never good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          Guess which team are still in 17th place. Go on.
                          If EE-L is sick of 17th, he could try passing to a colleague in a blue shirt from time to time.

Unfair to pick him out. As well as Sears, who looked as adrift as I've seen seen any player since Dean Craven, I'd have subbed 9 of them at HT. Credit to Portsmouth*. Onwards and... well... probably not upwards.

*Fuck, typing that felt horrible.

Comment

We are sev-en-teenth, say we are seventeenth!

Comment

I mean, I'll take it after where Town were under Ricketts.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                Joey Barton is trending on Twitter. It's never good news.
                                What has the scumbag done now?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

What has the scumbag done now?
                                  Rumours of him going to Preston, I think.

Ridiculous

Comment

Given the asinine, mealy-mouthed defence of Barton from the Rovers fan on a recent WSC podcast which I got round to hearing yesterday that would actually make me chuckle a little.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 28-03-2021, 13:40.

Comment

Gah, that was 2 points definitely dropped. Game should have been long over by the time they equalised, which makes the fat coach driver's proclamation that they 'deserved to win' utterly hilarious.

Crewe and Northampton for us this weekend, while Posh and Sunderland play each other. The word I'm getting is 'pivotal'.

Comment

Portsmouth were the best side I've watched this season.

It was a shame about some of the 'game management' that went on, but every team does it and it's the Cowley brothers, so 'gamesmanship' is a given.

I quipped on the football Whatapp group that the Pompey physio was their MoM. He was all over the pitch.

Quiet pleased with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                          Portsmouth were the best side I've watched this season.

It was a shame about some of the 'game management' that went on, but every team does it and it's the Cowley brothers, so 'gamesmanship' is a given.

I quipped on the football Whatapp group that the Pompey physio was their MoM. He was all over the pitch.

Quiet pleased with that one.
                                          God I miss them so much.

Comment

Plough Lane to finally open to a limited set of fans for an under 23 game test event :

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1376562119588593668?s=21

Going to be very tough to get tickets even for people like me who have debentures, understandably so though.

Hopefully this will still be relevant to the D3 thread when it happens.

Comment

I hope that DCI Harry Batt gets in.

Comment

I'm in the same priority band as RdG, I think, from his post. Unlikely, I'd have thought. But we'll see,

Comment

Ah, of course, you've already been, haven't you.

Comment

I have, yeah. It was very odd. It's a fine stadium. I think I might wait until we have a proper game with everyone in.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X