No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If our season wasn't already fucked by injuries, Tom Hopper's hamstring injury which forced him off on Tuesday will see him miss 6-8 weeks, so that's his season over. Fucking magnificent. Neither Montsma nor Jackson apparently trained yesterday, so we are down to TJ Eyoma (usually a RB, but 'looking tired' according to MA) and 18 year old Sean Roughan who hasn't played in months as our fit centre backs. Am sure both Montsma and Jackson will feature on Saturday but doesn't bode well.

Comment

In another wildly fluctuating day in the relegation battle Wimbledon's ultimate equaliser to give them a valuable point was a gift :

https://twitter.com/flackhackjack/status/1373310647929352198?s=21

Comment

Salop drew against the league leaders and stay in that comfy 17th slot as Burton lost.

Comment

Absolutely delighted with taking a point away today. Such as shame about the home cock ups against Rochdale and Gillingham. Had best chances of the game too and may have snuck a win but for the chances falling to our full backs. Kept Wyke largely quiet, and Edun, McGrandles and Bridcutt were excellent in midfield. Morton's goal came out of nothing and was brilliantly finished. Carl Boyseson remains a joke of a ref.

Comment

On Tuesday Burton play Shrewsbury in a "winner takes 17th" showdown.

Comment

That was the sort of game you'd threaten to make your unruly child watch in order to get them to behave. Of course, with the other results it's an opportunity missed. Ah well, as you were.

Comment

I was lucky enough to see Rovers in the flesh yesterday as I was on co-commentary duty at Priestfield. I'd long thought my opinion of Steve Evans couldn't sink any lower than it already was... but that's before I sat above him in an empty stadium for 90 minutes. Jesus Christ. Just a solid hour and a half of shouting, moaning, whining, attempting to intimidate officials and opposition and perceiving everything that happened on the pitch as being somehow against him. I can't imagine how any footballer would willingly play for a team he's in charge of. It was insufferable. There can't be an open window within a two mile radius of Priestfield on a matchday.

As for the game, Rovers have been on something of a two-month long wobble where we look destined for defeat the moment we go behind. So having gone 2-0 down inside 4 minutes at Gillingham yesterday, I'm absolutely delighted we got back into the game to get a point against a side that largely spent 90 minutes looking to force set pieces in Rovers half.

Comment

Still, it must be a bit better to watch from where you were than that appalling bit of Meccano behind the away goal...

Comment

That Wimbledon equaliser: is that the first goal scored after the change in the law that goal kicks don't have to leave the penalty area?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      That Wimbledon equaliser: is that the first goal scored after the change in the law that goal kicks don't have to leave the penalty area?
                      Admittedly we haven’t scored many this season, but no that wasn’t our first goal since that law was changed.

In all seriousness, it’s the first goal I’ve seen scored (by anyone), where the ball hasn’t left the penalty area from a goal kick since the law change.

Comment

Harrogate caught Southend out the same way earlier this season, from 1 min 35 secs or so here.

Comment

Bournemouth scored a goal from it in pre-season 2019 when the new rule had only just come in (from 1:20 in the video below) so I'd be amazed if there hadn't been multiple examples in addition to the ones above by now :

As we've touched on in one of the TV watching threads or the EPL one, so many teams are letting in goals by overpassing it at the back in general and acting as if playing out from the keeper is compulsory now rather than an option that is more workable due to the rule change.
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-03-2021, 12:59.

Comment

Careful Ray. Mentioning that teams can sometimes not play it out from the back could unleash a TABsplaining of all the new rules changes and Pep tactics. We are probably safe in here though.

Comment

Haha Burton. You're not getting your mitts on 17th!!

Comment

Although Bristol Rovers now in the relegation zone which would be a bummer as that's an easy away day for me.

Comment

The League that keeps on giving. Hopefully Oxford will be knackered from their exertions last night and the Imps can romp to an impressive away win on Friday night. Fantastic win for Blackpool too.
                                  Based on having four of five shots on target last week, Michael Appleton has suggested that we're going to give a team 'a real hiding' very soon. Cue Oxford 3-0 Lincoln.

Comment

With the old Gegenpress being so fashionable, you'd think teams would be more likely to just blooter it up the pitch

Comment

Lincoln missing Adam Jackson tonight, who has come down with Covid, so TJ Eyoma will be likely starting at centre back tonight against Oxford. Also missing Brennan Johnson who's on duty with Wales, so I assume Scully will come in.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                        ...I assume Scully will come in.
                                        You're playing the Chief Exec.?

Comment

Comment

I notice Shrewsbury have lost the same number of games as the top two, and only Sunderland have lost fewer. Seems unlikely they'll stay as low as 17th once the number of games played evens out a bit.

Comment

Well hopefully. They have a very good goal difference considering where they are in the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post

You're playing the Chief Exec.?
                                                Anthony, not Liam. However, given that we are now missing Callum Morton too, I think through Covid too and have limited bench, he may as well join the squad.

Oxford have asked City to use a lounge in the Kassam Stadium rather than use the dressing room. I don't know whether this usual for other clubs or just us, but everything sounds like a mess. Harry Anderson will be starting, god knows how fit he is or what formation we'll be playing. No recognised centre forward tonight.

Couple of other players testing negative but have symptoms according to Appleton. Morton will also miss game against MK next Saturday.
                                                Last edited by RobW; 26-03-2021, 19:37.

Comment

I'm watching this game on Sky. I turned on an it was already 1-1.

Comment

Entertaining half. City taking an early lead with lovely team goal finished off with a weak finish by Scully. Then Oxford took over for next 30 hour, should have had a pen and then got lucky when the ball struck a player's hand before they equalised. Lincoln slowly getting back into it after that despite losing Liam Bridcutt to injury (just what we need, thanks). Oxford keeper booked for rash challenge on Anderson (whose poor touch might have just saved the keeper from a red card), and then a dirty tackle by Hanson on Anderson right at the end which sees another yellow card and Anderson limping. All to play for.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X