No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're pretty "confident" of relegation then?

Comment

It's not an even year...

Comment

A bitter sweet running gag for Town:
        https://twitter.com/itfcnath/status/1355560534440083459?s=19

Comment

Shrewsbury won by more than one goal in a league game for the first time since April 2019, when we beat Gillingham 2-0.

Even allowing for the Covid curtailed season, that's dogshit.

Comment

Simon Grayson takes over as Head Coach at Fleetwood. Was there any reason given for Barton leaving? Personality clash between him and Chairman/Owner?

Comment

Just seen a recent picture of Grayson, man he has aged. The poor fucker's morphing into Ian Dowie.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                Shrewsbury won by more than one goal in a league game for the first time since April 2019, when we beat Gillingham 2-0.

Even allowing for the Covid curtailed season, that's dogshit.
                I think the turnaround since Cotterill came in is the most surprising change in form I've seen following Salop.

Comment

Doing it the hard way yesterday, but after the Accrington game we needed a win. Wouldn't be averse to seeing every reserve and U-23 player available utilised on Tuesday night to give the first team a rest, as what's the point of a Wembley final if you can't go?

Games in hand are piling up for the teams behind us, but they'll play each other at some point, so we've just got to keep grinding results out.

Comment

Bit in The Times today about Lincoln, fortunately not hidden behind the paywall https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...0838847cb3aed9

Comment

Today's rumour is Chris Powell. Better than yesterday's rumour of Neil Cox.

Comment

(As well as plenty of "Danny Cowell" shouts, as I was just reminded by that piece, thanks RobW)

Comment

First Lincoln penalty, too uptight to watch, I hand my iPad to my daughter and ask her to keep me updated. "Oh, shit, they missed!" Me: Aaaaaargh! Her: "Just kidding, they haven't taken it yet... oh, ha ha, they have now, the goalie saved it!" Me: Are you shitting me now? (Grabs iPad back off her) Aaaaargh!

Second penalty - I decide that not having the courage to watch the first penalty is the reason we missed, a punishment for my feeble nerves. So I watch the second penalty live. Me: Aaaaaaargh! Everyone else: They missed again? Ha ha ha!

Still not quite over it. And, unbelievably, it turns out that me watching it (or not) has absolutely no affect on the ball going in (or not).

Comment

I think that story is even more enjoyable than the thought of Lincoln missing 2 penalties.

Comment

In a move that was kept pretty quiet, City have addressed the left back cover issue in quite spectacular fashion by bringing Max Clark home on loan from Vitesse Arnhem. Considering that not too long ago he was being linked with a PL move, mainly to Leicester as a replacement for Ben Chilwell, it's a bit of a coup for us. Seems to have fallen out of favour at Vitesse, so a permanent deal can't be discounted.

Comment

Apologies, his contract at Vitesse has been mutually terminated, and he's signed for us on a short term deal.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                                  First Lincoln penalty, too uptight to watch, I hand my iPad to my daughter and ask her to keep me updated. "Oh, shit, they missed!" Me: Aaaaaargh! Her: "Just kidding, they haven't taken it yet... oh, ha ha, they have now, the goalie saved it!" Me: Are you shitting me now? (Grabs iPad back off her) Aaaaargh!

Second penalty - I decide that not having the courage to watch the first penalty is the reason we missed, a punishment for my feeble nerves. So I watch the second penalty live. Me: Aaaaaaargh! Everyone else: They missed again? Ha ha ha!

Still not quite over it. And, unbelievably, it turns out that me watching it (or not) has absolutely no affect on the ball going in (or not).
                                  I blame the "London Imps" flag that has mysteriously appeared in the Stacey West. Those of us who are members of this exclusive club have no idea who put the flag there, and I don't think i've ever seen us win when we've hung it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                    Today's rumour is Chris Powell. Better than yesterday's rumour of Neil Cox.
                                    And this evening's rumour is Alan Pardew. The Athletic say he has "thrown his hat into the ring", presumably while doing his dance. Or having taken his hat off to headbutt someone.

Pards is somehow currently Technical Director at CSKA Sofia.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

And this evening's rumour is Alan Pardew. The Athletic say he has "thrown his hat into the ring", presumably while doing his dance. Or having taken his hat off to headbutt someone.

Pards is somehow currently Technical Director at CSKA Sofia.
                                      The Emma Hayes rumours are interesting, although given they appear to have originated in the Express are probably not entirely credible. Twitter has been predictably awash with the expected hot takes: no experience, wouldn't have the mental strength, etc.

Would Hayes even be interested? I'm not so sure.

Comment

The Pardew thing is ludicrous - The Athletic boldly claiming he has said he's interested but somehow failing to bother to reproduce the quotes they have from him saying so...

Tbf I've not seen anyone mentioned in the media who hasn't previously been mentioned on fan social media. So I reckon that's where the Emma Hayes comes from.

Mark Robinson's first game tonight anyway. I'm almost tempted to break my B-team shite cup boycott to watch.

Comment

And Emma Hayes has been suitably scathing this afternoon, putting to bed any such rumours.

Comment

Indeed. Very not interested, and actively insulted to think she would trade being at probably the top team in the country currently in the Women's game (unbeaten in over a year if I remember correctly) for the bottom end of the third tier of the Men's. Intrigued to hear she thinks Wimbledon couldn't afford her, though. Salaries of WSL coaches must be higher than I would have guessed.

This reminds me of an article I once read about female coaches in American College Basketball (Men's and Women's), at a time when they weren't any which was a downgrade on the handful there had been around the millennium. I'm paraphrasing and working from memory here, but the reporter asked a number of Athletic Directors if they would hire a female to be an assistant coach. And repeatedly got the answer "Well, if she was someone like Pat Summit, then yes, I would." As the article pointed out, Summit at the time was the most successful head coach in the history of US College Basketball (again, Men's or Women's), with legions of championship winning sides to her name. And these Men would consider hiring someone like her only as an assistant. In theory. Maybe. A role completely beneath her.

Comment

Disappointing result for Shrewsbury tonight. Great record against teams at the top recently. Then that.

Comment

I guess it's a question of perspective, but I wasn't disappointed by that result at all.

Comment

Looked at my facebook memories from 10 years ago today. I was celebrating the Imps beating Hereford away to win their fifth league game in a row. That same day was the classic 4-4 between Newcastle and Arsenal, and Bolton were still in the PL.
                                                  Course, we'd win just one more game that season and get relegated to the National League.
                                                  Anyway, 10 years on and it's Gillingham away tonight, live on Sky at 6pm. I am quite thankful that I don't need to experience the open stand at Priestfield again - I spent much of last season's fixture either at the bar downstairs, missing the only goal of the game or looking out over Gillingham from the stand rather than the piss poor game.
                                                  Our football has at least improved since then. I can't say i'm expecting too much against Steve Evans' side, and I predict that at least one of former Imps (Oliver more likely than Akinde) will score the winner.

Comment

Every time that horrible man (and his horrible assistant) loses I smile. I really hope you beat them, by many.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X