Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh it was a while back now.

(Site clearance began in March 2018)
    Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 30-09-2020, 13:33.

Comment

By Irish standards that's supersonic. We signed a deal with Dublin City Council in 2017 to sell Dalymount to them as part of the regeneration of the Phibsboro area, including a new ground. Original time line was for us to spend 2020 in exile, and be back for the start of next season (February 2021). Latest hopeful time is out 2022 and back for 2023,and even that's optimistic.

Comment

Oxford v Crewe was a COVID casualty. The time taken to reach the decision (not taken until 2.26pm) must be concerning as it indicates there are no clear rules.

EFL: "Each case is judged on its individual merits."

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...v-crewe-doubt/

Comment

Oxford United pulled out, apparently.

Comment

Karl Robinson explains why

I know a lot of people on here don’t have time for Robinson but he’s absolutely right, I think.

Comment

He might be right, but there's no way I'm listening to him. Or watching him.

I think we've been ahead in all our games so far this season. Which is interesting. A defeat "at home" to Stanley today. Ah well. At least the bunch that Robinson gloriously failed at are bottom of the league.

Comment

Another fine win, another Lewis Montsma winner (that's 5 goals from centre back already), and yet more penalties (third consecutive Saturday). Blackpool dominated first half but we gifted them the lead with Bridcutt passing the ball out of defence straight to their attacker. Fortunately, we had Welsh international Brennon Johnson making his first start, and his pace and trickery caused Blackpool problems all afternoon, coaxing two penalties from desperate lunges. The second resulting in a straight red card.

Plenty of things to improve on still, but unbelievable start to the season against difficult opposition.

Comment

The only team in the top 4 divisions still to concede a goal? That'll be us, then.

Considering only a handful of games ago we shipped 8 at Wigan. It's all a bit much, to be honest.

Comment

So whose team is full of internationals, Donny or Shrewsbury?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      So whose team is full of internationals, Donny or Shrewsbury?
                      Donny. Surprisingly.

We lost Omar Beckles and Ollie Norburn has yet to be recognised, leaving just Aaron Pierre as our sole Spice Boy. But I think all the CONCACAF fixtures are suspended anyway?

Comment

I realise you're being facetious GO, but in the vague chance you're actually interested Doncaster have had four players called up to different squads.

Goalkeeper Josef Busik is with England under-21s, Tyreece John-Jules with England under 20s, and both Danny Amos and Liam Ravenhill to Northern Ireland under 21s

Comment

I must admit that I haven't a clue if we've got any players called up. And I wasn't being particularly facetious, just nosey.

Comment

Wish our game was postponed today, but as Aaron Lewis was injured on international duty last time out and hasn't featured in our match day squad for five games, we couldn't postpone, despite him being fit once more and called up for Welsh u21 duty. We have a real difficulty against Bristol Rovers, glad I was unable to watch that.

Comment

I know this season (ignore the header, it is for 2020/21) isn't really happening but this is very funny :

https://twitter.com/rezla/status/1314968630845730816?s=21
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-10-2020, 18:23.

Comment

The table is looking a bit less exciting today. Posh doing quite well so far too.

Rotten defeat for the Dons yesterday. Smash-and-grab, I'd say, though we didn't deserve much having failed to make anything count.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                  The table is looking a bit less exciting today. Posh doing quite well so far too.

Rotten defeat for the Dons yesterday. Smash-and-grab, I'd say, though we didn't deserve much having failed to make anything count.
                                  Haven't seen the 'highlights' yet but can't imagine they'll take long. Probably file under "Classic away performance." Having been on the end of quite a few, I know how that feels. Appreciated the updates yesterday TT. (I think we're safe to post on this thread!)

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't carve out too long a slot in your diary for the highlights. We had small handful of chances and spunked them all, you had two and took one. Impressed by how your lot got behind the ball when they lost it. I quite like us going forward at times, which is new for us. But yeah mostly just frustrating and then bloody annoying.

Not as bad as *that* cup defeat at yours, but still annoying. And no Iron Bridge to look at on the way home.

Comment

Our website match report makes the ludicrous claim that the 1-0 win for Shrewsbury was certainly not merited. Absolute nonsense, as we all know:

The best team always wins. The rest is only gossip.

Comment

It looks like the flick on for the Shrews goal was from a Wimbledon player. So yeah.

Comment

I was at *that* cup defeat if you mean the 1-0 at Gay Meadow. I remember virtually nothing about the game except that we played really well. Which was odd as we'd only won 4 league games all season by mid-Feb.

What I remember far more clearly was that the reward was to play Arsenal in the 5th round. I got a ticket but Lee Dixon missed a penalty for Arsenal v Leeds in their 4th round second replay so they had to go to a third replay. (remember those?) I had to work on the rearranged date and missed it, thus consigning us to a narrow 0-1 defeat.

Anyway, back to the 3rd Division..

Comment

I was at that Wimbledon cup-tie and I remember a new record being set for the number of times the ball got booted out and into the river. I also went to the Arsenal game in the next round.

Comment

I remember:

We had KFC in the town before the game

The steward tried to insist my mate transfer out of his wheelchair and into a seat.

Another wheelchair user, a home fan, offered around some scotch or something in a flask

We lost and it hurt
                                              We stopped at Ironbridge on the way home

Comment

That was a dick move from the steward. I'd like to say things have improved in 30 years.

Ironbridge is worth a visit. It's gone very touristy in the last 10 years or so.

Comment

Doncaster's decent start to the season continues. We've looked really good in the two games I've seen live thus far, and tonight we tripled the league leaders goals against tally. It'll all come crashing down now I've mentioned it, mind

Comment

Halfway through a previous game

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

The online match stats says Salop have had about twice as many passes and with a better accuracy - but failed to have an attempt on goal. This will be the epitaph for our season.
                                                    Last night v Bristol Rovers. Twice the possession. Twice the passes. More shots. Fewer goals. In fact, fewer goals than any other side in the division.

The iFollow commentator remarked that the Shrewsbury front three "...have goals in them." Fucking well-hidden then. Maybe they could consider alternative careers as goal smugglers?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X