No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uros Predic Let's hope it does, early next month. Even if it's just for one game.
    Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 21-10-2020, 07:30.

Comment

I haven't seen a Lincoln side playing football over 90 minutes last night for nigh on 40 years. Not just odd flashes of decent play, but consistently effective pass-and-move football at high tempo. What on earth is going on?

Comment

Did all the D3 games kick off early last night? I looked for a Wimbledon latest score whilst at a game and it was long finished. Was it curfew reasons?

Comment

I guess if there's no fans, may as well play earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            Did all the D3 games kick off early last night? I looked for a Wimbledon latest score whilst at a game and it was long finished. Was it curfew reasons?
            Burton and Swindon kicked off 7.45, all the rest were 7pm, bar Shrewsbury which I think was already done by the time I started looking. Get those young lads tucked up and early to bed in preparation for Saturday. Might also have been to do with getting more viewers on iFollow before the Champions League games kicked off.

Comment

I asked a similar question about a game the other day which was an earlier than usual kick-off, and was told it was to help avoid the need for overnight stays.

Comment

iFollow followed by Bake Off on Channel 4+1 for us.

Or should that be 4-1?

Sigh.

Comment

Annoying but I guess in the end not terrible point for the Dons at the Pirelli.

And the vermin slipped back into the relegation zone, which is nice.

Comment

Another win, another soft penalty. Lincoln were clearly the better side in the first half, with Ipswich pedestrian and seemingly happy just passing it sideways on the halfway line or between the centre backs. Tractor boys dominated possession but did fuck all with it, and sucked the life out of the game. City weren't incisive enough in the final third, though Grant missed a good chance early on, and hit the post. Only Brennan Johnson troubled the keeper late on in that first period. Ipswich were slightly less sluggish after the break and Lincoln weren't as good, but just like Tuesday, Brennan Johnson went down after a soft challenge and the ref pointed to the spot. Jorge Grant duly dispatched it. I think that's three or four penalties Johnson has won since joining on loan.

Paul Lambert was furious and was positive there was a foul on an Ipswich player before the penalty incident. His mood wasn't helped by some bizarre decisions by the officials and then former Imp Jon Nolan dangerously scythed down Harry Anderson in the 93rd minute and got a straight red. At the whistle, Lambert went straight to the ref to complain and got a red card for his trouble, but he kept up with his complaints. I suspect that for the second game running, the opposing manager is going to ring up the referee's bosses and demand an explanation.

All very funny, and we're back on top of the league. Montsma and Walsh looked very assured at the back, Harry Anderson was impressive in defence and attack and Eyoma kept Gwion Edwards pretty quiet. Two away games up next, against Crewe and their opponents today, Doncaster.

Comment

Have I already said that I'd love to see Lincoln City back in the second level? If I haven't, I'm saying it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                        Have I already said that I'd love to see Lincoln City back in the second level? If I haven't, I'm saying it now.
                        Well thank you, but I'm curious as to why.

For myself and any other fans under 60, they're at their equal highest position in our lifetime. It would be thrilling but also weird to see them in D2, just like it is when that wonderful twitter feed @Theleaguemag posts shots of results and tables from newspapers in the late 50s.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                          Doncaster's decent start to the season continues. We've looked really good in the two games I've seen live thus far, and tonight we tripled the league leaders goals against tally. It'll all come crashing down now I've mentioned it, mind
                          Knew I should've kept quiet

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                            Well if they get any more officials like the prick who refereed Saturday’s match, they’ll walk it.

”Nsiala gave the referee a decision to make.” I know, and the prick made the wrong one.

Comment

After signing Charlie Daniels, Shrewsbury are now apparently talking to his former team-mate (and Salop old boy) Marc Pugh who was released by QPR in the summer and is currently clubless. One wag has pointed out that Sam Ricketts seems to be in full on "Football Manager Panic Mode" and is signing anyone who is available.

Two home defeats in a row seem to have changed the minds of Sam's most loyal defenders on Facebook. I keep seeing posts like "I've always argued that he needed time, but..."

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                After signing Charlie Daniels, Shrewsbury are now apparently talking to his former team-mate (and Salop old boy) Marc Pugh who was released by QPR in the summer and is currently clubless. One wag has pointed out that Sam Ricketts seems to be in full on "Football Manager Panic Mode" and is signing anyone who is available.

Two home defeats in a row seem to have changed the minds of Sam's most loyal defenders on Facebook. I keep seeing posts like "I've always argued that he needed time, but..."
                                It was the manner of the defeats too. On Saturday we followed what now seems to be an established pattern. Twice as many passes, twice as much possession, half as many goals.

I don't wish sacking on Ricketts, but given that he inevitably will be given the ??support he's been given and the squad he has available, it might be better for all concerned if it were soon. He's in his 3rd season now.

Mind, I have mostly stopped caring.

Comment

We appear to be having a very Doncaster season, in that four of our five wins have come against teams above us (the last two against the league leaders), whilst each of our three defeats have come against teams below us. So Wimbledon should feel pretty confident going into tomorrow night's game, even if they have left behind our bogey ground of Kingsmeadow.

I'm on co-commentary duty at Plough Lane tomorrow night; any of the Dons fans got any insight I might not be able to glean from stats and recent highlights?

Comment

I really feel for Brentford and Wimbledon fans.

Comment

Ipswich transitioning from playing badly and losing to playing badly and scraping a 1-0 win. I still suspect best chance of promotion is a COVID enforced end of football about now and current standings deciding ups and downs. Still, the main aim is for Town and the other clubs to all actually exist by the end of the season, regardless of position.

Comment

We appear to be having a very Doncaster season, in that four of our five wins have come against teams above us (the last two against the league leaders), whilst each of our three defeats have come against teams below us. So Wimbledon should feel pretty confident going into tomorrow night's game, even if they have left behind our bogey ground of Kingsmeadow.

I'm on co-commentary duty at Plough Lane tomorrow night; any of the Dons fans got any insight I might not be able to glean from stats and recent highlights?
                                        Isn't the tradition that "you come down with the Crimbo decorations"?

Comment

We're sometimes quite exciting going forward. But please don't get a late corner against us.

Turns out I'm going to be in the stadium too. Blimey eh?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                            Turns out I'm going to be in the stadium too. Blimey eh?
                                            That's excellent news.

Comment

We appear to be having a very Doncaster season, in that four of our five wins have come against teams above us (the last two against the league leaders), whilst each of our three defeats have come against teams below us.
                                              I'm as confident as I can be that Ipswich won't be above you for long.

Comment

Ta Capy. I don't really know how it was worked out. There was some kind of list, and then a draw. I'm not certain it's right, but I'm going. Will be very odd.

Comment

Ah that's great TonTon. Hope you really enjoy the experience, odd as it may be.

Comment

I've not even been past or owt since they really started building. I'm going to be overwhelmed, I reckon. At least it'll be dark.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X