No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to think of any ground where I can name all four ends and apart from our own I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
      I like the idea of, as with Cellnet, naming grounds after defunct companies.
      As we have noted before, there is a distinct correlation between companies "investing" in naming rights and later going bust in North America.

Comment

I'm not sure what our ground would be called were Keepmoat to cease to exist and/or stop sponsoring the place.

Comment

I only ever think of a ground having two ends ie behind the goals. Along the side would be stands. I have no idea where this distinction has come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
            Am I right in thinking that before the rebuild, Burnley's stand were the Cricket Stand, Bob Lord Stand, Longside and Beehole End?

If I am right (which I'm now doubting), then I think you are the only team (other than Barnsley) where I can name every end.
            Yes, exactly right.

For a season when vaping was the craze, it was officially the Bob Lord Stand in association with Totally Wicked. Which I hope had the old cunt rotating in his grave at high speed.

Comment

I'm so glad that we named our stadium before getting a sponsor for it. Virtually no-one uses the sponsor's name when referring to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                I only ever think of a ground having two ends ie behind the goals. Along the side would be stands. I have no idea where this distinction has come from.
                I've never got my head around the fact that stands are for sitting in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                  I like the idea of, as with Cellnet, naming grounds after defunct companies.
                  PRESS RELEASE: ALL LEAGUE ONE GROUNDS RENAMED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT:

Bristol Rovers: The Meiko Scientific
                  Crewe: The Focus Do It All
                  Gillingham: The Unwins Off-Licence
                  Ipswich: The Fisons
                  Plymouth: The Hyper Value
                  Rochdale: The Ferranti

etc
                  Last edited by Kevin S; 28-08-2020, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

I've never got my head around the fact that stands are for sitting in.
                    Hah, yes.

Comment

The Laker Airways Arena
                      Payless DIY @ St James' Park

Comment

We at Oxford have to suffer the ground being named after Firoz Kassam, who made loads of money out of the club by selling their old ground (and getting development rights next to the new one), and now fleeces them for rent each month.

The stadium announcer always just says "Welcome to The Stadium" at home matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          Definitely two ends. And two sides.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              I'm so glad that we named our stadium before getting a sponsor for it. Virtually no-one uses the sponsor's name when referring to the ground.
                              The name it does have is sillier than many sponsored ground names though.

Comment

It's the name of the area. How ever much you whine, you can't change that.

Comment

MacAnthony is such an arsehole.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                                    I'm not sure what our ground would be called were Keepmoat to cease to exist and/or stop sponsoring the place.
                                    The Rugby League team had a very brief spell called the Lakers, I thought it was something to do with the current ground. Am I wide of the mark?

Comment

Originally posted by all new noj View Post
                                      My word, I hope they get relegated.

Comment

[QUOTE=TonTon;n2338602]MacAnthony is such an arsehole.

1000 likes
                                        Last edited by Mr Beast; 28-08-2020, 21:34. Reason: He’s not worth getting angry about, the fucking prick

Comment

Jealous.

At least thread names are doing us proud this season. This one keeps making me smile, and the Scottish fitba one has me chortling every time I see it. Nice to have the Premier League My Bloody Valentine earworm from last year carrying on too.

Comment

It's the name of the area. How ever much you whine, you can't change that.
                                            No, you've got that the wrong way up. Ray is right, it is a bad name for a stadium, below many corporate sponsored names, whatever it's genesis. It won't have have been the only name it could have been given that tied it in locally. It's hard to imagine anything else it might have been called based on geography that would be worse (a brief glance at a map suggests the Don Street Stadium or Brinsworth Street or Centenary Way as wildly better options).
                                            Last edited by Janik; 28-08-2020, 21:48.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                              Jealous.
                                              Freeman's Wharf, innit. Which some do refer to Leicester's current ground as.

Comment

Well, I'm fascinated to know that you know more about Rotherham geography than those who live there.

Comment

Originally posted by all new noj View Post
                                                  Haha. That guy puts the div in div three.

Comment

Bob Lord had a trophy named after him as well as a stand, which is just greedy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference_League_Cup

How many stands had the name of a beverage plastered on their roofs?

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/...ley/index.html
                                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-08-2020, 09:13.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X