Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I don't really have anything against Blackpool but I'm yet to manage a seaside weekend with my brother and mates so if they go up then that's ruled out for at least another season.
    And what is wrong with Fleetwood, might I ask? To be fair you can always stay in Blackpool and take the tram into Fleetwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

And what is wrong with Fleetwood, might I ask? To be fair you can always stay in Blackpool and take the tram into Fleetwood.
      That's a fair point. Blackpool to go up then.

Comment

You do realise Fleetwood away will now be a Tuesday night in February, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
          I see Ipswich went goal crazy after their recent barren spell. It'll be interesting to see what business Cook does there over the summer after his recent comments.
          He's released eight players, one of which (Tristan Nydam) was a huge surprise, considering he's just returned from a really bad broken ankle, and Cook has talked him up. Biggest surprise of those who have been given extensions is Aaron Drinan. A forward who has one goal (from a block tackle, rather than a shot), and no assists, and very little ability. He's not quite the worst forward I've ever seen for Ipswich, as Oli Hawkins still has a year to run on his contract.

Player of the season James Wilson has also gone, but he'd not really featured under Cook, and had only played 18 games all season. For all Cook's talk of being demolition man, and being unhappy with our attacking options, six of the released have been defensive, with only Freddie Sears (rarely featured under Cook) and Alan Judge (our best attacking player since the turn of the year) being attacking.players.

Cook said he prefers having a smaller squad, and we've still got 20 first teamers, unless certain players whose contracts aren't up this summer are paid up (Jon Nolan, Oli Hawkins and Tomas Holy being possible contenders). Its been suggested that we've taken up an option of an extra year on Kayden Jackson and Janoi Donacien's contracts because we received cash offers for them in January, but whether anyone will come back with more for them seems a bit hopeful, especially in the case of Jackson, who works hard, but looks utterly bereft of confidence.

All a bit odd, really.

Comment

I'm still not convinced Cook is the right fit for the new owners and CEO. Hope I am proven comprehensively wrong.

Comment

Lincoln v Sunderland is not on iFollow or German TV, and I'm quite relieved - these games are just torture to watch. I'm expecting 0-0.

The fixture's a perfect reflection of the pros of the Pyramid system - at the start of the 2016-17 season, less than five years ago, Lincoln were in the National League after five consecutive seasons of finishing in the table's bottom half. Sunderland were about to start their tenth consecutive season in the Premier League, managed by David Moyes. So you have the sustainably run community club meeting the fallen giant financial basket-case. I hope anyone watching the game tonight will be cheering from the sunny side of the moral spectrum.

Whoever wins, it looks like Blackpool will be the opponent. Any explanation from Oxford fans, or is it too soon to talk about it?

Comment

I have no idea, but saw the goals on youtube and was a bit surprised to see that one end of Oxford's stadium is a car park.

Comment

Admirably clear eyed post-mortem on the rubbernecking thread. Abstract: They're not good enough.

Comment

Imps keeper Alex Palmer suffered a blow to the head in training and subsequently cannot play tonight due to concussion protocols. Club have been given permission to get an emergency loan in and got Stoke keeper Josef Bursik in. Having been on loan recently at Posh, could he possibly win promotion from the same league with two clubs?

Naturally, i'm deeply pessimistic and I just hope that we're still in with a chance of winning on Saturday afternoon.
                    Last edited by RobW; 19-05-2021, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                      Any explanation from Oxford fans, or is it too soon to talk about it?
                      As Nesta notes: not good enough. Shoddy start to the season. Inconsistent afterwards. Lucky to sneak into the play-offs when other teams lost form. Others pointed out that we've been flat track bullies against lower teams all year but useless against the better teams. And Blackpool were clearly the better team. Better defending. Better going forward. Better in possession. Better control. The third goal might be explained by the fact that we'd started pushing forward, feeling the need to score at least one at home, but we rarely looked like actually scoring despite leaving increasing amounts of space at the back.

Comment

I see the lovely Karl Robinson continues to talk shite.

We lost out in playoffs a couple of times when we were in the Ryman Prem. Very painful it was. My sympathies with fans of all unsuccessful teams.

When are the second games? Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

As Nesta notes: not good enough. Shoddy start to the season. Inconsistent afterwards. Lucky to sneak into the play-offs when other teams lost form. Others pointed out that we've been flat track bullies against lower teams all year but useless against the better teams. And Blackpool were clearly the better team. Better defending. Better going forward. Better in possession. Better control. The third goal might be explained by the fact that we'd started pushing forward, feeling the need to score at least one at home, but we rarely looked like actually scoring despite leaving increasing amounts of space at the back.
                          Well, at least you were beaten fair and square by a better team - that's always easier to handle than bad luck/refereeing. Pity we didn't get to play you instead of Sunderland.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                            Imps keeper Alex Palmer suffered a blow to the head in training and subsequently cannot play tonight due to concussion protocols. Club have been given permission to get an emergency loan in and got Stoke keeper Josef Bursik in. Having been on loan recently at Posh, could he possibly win promotion from the same league with two clubs?
                            He also started the season on loan at Doncaster before being recalled due to an injury crisis and playing a few games for Stoke. How many players have played for four different league clubs in one season?

Comment

McGrandles left on bench with Scully playing up top and Johnson behind Tom Hopper. Bit surprised by that tbh. Very attacking line up.

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                                He also started the season on loan at Doncaster before being recalled due to an injury crisis and playing a few games for Stoke. How many players have played for four different league clubs in one season?
                                I thought there was a maximum amount of clubs a player could turn out for in a season that he might have exceeded, or doesn't that apply for loans?

Comment

Unbelievable save that the ref somehow doesn't see. Lively opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I thought there was a maximum amount of clubs a player could turn out for in a season that he might have exceeded, or doesn't that apply for loans?
                                    I thought the same, but apparently the rules were recently relaxed by Fifa. Still seems a bit rum that he played for Peterborough in the controversial 3-3 draw a couple of weeks ago and is now playing for their opponents.

Comment

That he's on/was on emergency loans at Lincoln and Peterborough might have something to do with it.

Comment

Good first half display, just lacking cutting edge. Scully's been bright, Johnson's hit the post from distance and we've been defending pretty well against Sunderland's direct football. Biggest threat seems to be McGeady's delivery from set pieces and Gooch striking from range, but new keeper has had little to do and looked very good. Lost Jackson to injury early on which is a blow, and Jorge Grant needs to get more involved. Can't see Sunderland being as poor in second half.

Comment

1-0. Get in.

Comment

I love listening to the radio commentary. Feel like I'm 12 again.

Comment

Get the fuck in. Brilliant from Bridcutt, good gamble by Hopper. Now don't sit back

Comment

Crowd noise too. What's that all about?

Comment

Morgan Rogers starting to annoy me. Calm down lad and show some composure.

Comment

What a save earlier by Bursik btw, magnificent. Not so good defending from the resulting corner.

Bout time O' Nien got a yellow.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X