Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pyro parties might just have been what roused Donny from their slump

Comment

This is usually the time of year when I start riding my hobby horse about teams having 'nothing to play for' doesn't make them easier opposition. Although last nights results don't really back me up, maybe it's different without fans.

Comment

Rotherham needed a win last night much more than Brentford did, there's one.

Comment

Yeah, that whole thing is nonsense, you're right Nesta. It's hard to avoid all the nonsense clich?s, hard as we try.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            Sorry, AH. I mean, I won't pretend I didn't roar when the last goal went in, and the honest reality of our respective situations is that I am wishing relegation on you. But bloody hell that must have hurt.
            Reflections the morning after - ah well, as I said elsewhere I'm well past the hurting stage and as my awareness of the progress of the game went 0-1, 2-2, 3-3 at least I didn't have to suffer the agony of the equaliser as it happened. And of course, we're not down yet, anything could still happen..

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post

'Twas rather amusing to see various pyro parties starting in the environs of London Road after about 25 minutes of last night's game. Oh dear, lads.
              When you can't buy a win, knowing that you've ensured a few dozen oddballs have stood for two hours in a rain-sodden car-park letting off flares and smoke bombs all for nowt, is a more than apt consolation prize.

Comment

It would appear that we're ditching iFollow from the end of this season and joining up with some outfit called StreamAMG. It surely can't be any worse, but how getting away games will work not said.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                  17 Apr 1993 Wimbledon 1 Nottingham Forest 0

Any idea why Best was there?
                  He was summarising for a radio station. I had to get past this scruffy-looking bloke to reach my seat further down the row. He looked up as I edged along and I was utterly star-struck. He was really nice about it.

Comment

After last season's final game against Leeds, I'm certainly not expecting Hull to roll over and have their tummies tickled.

Comment

Some good news

https://twitter.com/shrewsweb/status/1387708252050296834?s=20

Comment

Fantastic news - if allowed, I might have to visit Shrewsbury next year to watch the battle of Cheltenham's biggest legends.

EDIT: He says hoping Duff doesn't get tempted to leave and Cotts is still in charge at Shrewsbury.

Comment

Isn't Montgomery Waters the villain in a Sherlock Holmes story?

Comment

^ you're literally pissing in the face of Charles Darwin, Admiral Benbow, Joe Hart, and that lad from His Dark Materials

Comment

Steve Cotterill's return made the Talksport 3pm news bulletin. They referred to the ground as New Meadow.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                Fantastic news - if allowed, I might have to visit Shrewsbury next year to watch the battle of Cheltenham's biggest legends.

EDIT: He says hoping Duff doesn't get tempted to leave and Cotts is still in charge at Shrewsbury.
                                What do you think the reception for him will be like at Whaddon Road? Has he been as a visiting manager before?

Comment

He hasn't. It's odd, because among those my age and above he'll be treated like a hero, but it's easy to forget how long ago he left now. We will have grown up fans who weren't even born when he left.

With that being said, it will be unanimously positive. He's Cheltenham's greatest son (in football circles) and he's always spoken well of us in the press since. Gary Johnson was a pundit on Sky during our National League promotion campaign when Bristol City were playing and Cotterill made a point of thanking Johnson for the job he was doing at Cheltenham at the time, and that just enamoured him to Cheltenham fans even more.

Even when his Notts County team battered us 5-0 at Meadow Lane in 2010 no-one was pissed off with him.

Comment

Glad about Cotterill, the team have obviously missed him.

He will now actually get to met a couple of players face-to-face for the first time.

Losing my annual trip to Bristol Rovers has been mitigated somewhat by Cheltenham's promotion. A couple of mates who live in Bristol can now pop up to Whaddon Rd for our annual beano.

Newport coming up through the play-offs, would be an added bonus.

Comment

That is really good news about Steve C.

Belated congrats to Simon and Cheltenham BTW. A much better away trip than either Bristol Rovers or Swindon, both of whom will be more at home in the basement. D3 is looking quite interesting next year. Hoping Derby come down instead of GO's lot - a new face and one more promotion slot for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                                        . Hoping Derby come down instead of GO's lot - a new face and one more promotion slot for the rest of us.
                                        Haha, yeah. Rotherham seem to be getting promoted every other year at the moment.

I'd been to the Memorial Stadium 4 seasons in a row before this season and feel a bit sad they got relegated tbh. But then I'm lazy and like short trips to see Salop.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                          I'd been to the Memorial Stadium 4 seasons in a row before this season and feel a bit sad they got relegated tbh
                                          *sucks teeth* All kinds of wrongness there, Pat. Maybe it's a Gloucestershire thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post

*sucks teeth* All kinds of wrongness there, Pat. Maybe it's a Gloucestershire thing.
                                            Have you gone native?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Have you gone native?
                                              Arrrrr.

Comment

So, is today the day? 55 years since we last won a league title, when Cliff Britton's side swept all before them and became one of the most talked about sides outside the top division, and the goals of Ken Wagstaff and Chris Chilton saw The Tigers win the league comfortably.

Despite the fact fact no one has been allowed in to watch, the bond between fans and team this season has remained pretty strong, helped by the fact they seem a very likeable bunch who clearly get on well with each other. And after last season's horror show, Grant McCann's relationship with the supporters has improved greatly, although it's still not 100 per cent unrequited love, but he's at least earned a crack at doing better in the Championship next season

All that's needed today is a better result than Peterborough, and if Lincoln weren't already motivated by the fact they have an outside chance of chasing Posh down for the 2nd promotion spot, they should be going for the win to avoid watching another team celebrating in front of them for the second week running.

Comment

All the best for today, FS.

We need to pick up a point, or for Rochdale to drop one.

Comment

Cheers TonTon, and here's hoping you make it to safety today.

Just been reminded that 17 years ago today we began our ascent from the arse end of the league structure when Ian Ashbee's curling thunderbastard won us promotion at Yeovil. There's barely been a dull moment since, really.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X