• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barton is pretty much down now, no?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
      Barton is pretty much down now, no?
      Looks it. I think they were outside the relegation spots when he joined.

Comment

Oh my goodness have you seen Karl Robinson's interview?

https://twitter.com/OUFCOfficial/status/1384608464413069314?s=20
        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 20-04-2021, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          Four in a row. Four! And tonight's against the odious Karl Robinson too.
          A Wimbledon win streak in April seems as perennial as the cuckoo by now.

Comment

It was probably asking a bit much to seal promotion tonight, but happy with a point from a game where earlier in the season we might have capitulated. The last 3 games are against sides all in good form and with something to play for, but we should still be able to get the points required. I hope.

Comment

Even for a graceless, shameless, lying cunt like Robinson that interview is a shocker.

Ignoring the fact he's a scumbag, his managerial record now is over a decade of near unrelenting failure and I think that's what makes him so sour.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-04-2021, 07:25.

Comment

Apart from the fact that he managed Milton Keynes why, I wonder, do the AFC people hate Karl Robinson so much? I don't like him particularly but the self righteousness and moral high horse from those who used to watch Vinnie Jones, Denis Wise and John Fashanu is a little jarring.
                Last edited by Nefertiti2; 20-04-2021, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

A Wimbledon win streak in April seems as perennial as the cuckoo by now.
                  The catalyst for the run seems to be Ollie Palmer starting in a 4-4-2 which has been the consistent factor in the last four games. He got a knock tonight but hopefully will be fit for Saturday.

This is an astounding fact :

https://twitter.com/charlietabloid/status/1384638324816678917?s=21
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-04-2021, 22:52.

Comment

Nice performance from Lincoln at Burton, back to playing decent football like earlier in the season. Though Callum Morton up front looks like he's somebody's kid brother dragged in at the last minute because we were short. "Is he any good?" "Weeeeell, he's never actually played a proper game, but he looks really nippy in the school playground..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                      Apart from the fact that he managed Milton Keynes why, I wonder, do the AFC people hate Karl Robinson so much? I don't like him particularly but the self righteousness and moral high horse from those who used to watch Vinnie Jones, Denis Wise and John Fashanu is a little jarring.
                      I'm not an Arsenal fan, so am not speaking for them - not that I'd noticed a particular animus from that quarter. Mind you, I don't speak for Wimbledon fans either. Just for me. And in fact, I wouldn't claim to have 100% insight into me even.

But yeah, there isn't an "apart from", not really. He always seemed to suit the franchise pretty well. He was a nasty loudmouth tosser when he was there, and we have built a mutual disrespect. So he'll always be that franchise wanker for us.

Comment

That seems fair enough. Just trying to figure out why the interview posted above was seen as "a shocker".

Comment

I wonder if Cook will be back at Wigan next season under the new owners. It was a very weird look when he refused to front pressers just after Ipswich's take over was announced. His impact has thus far been less than spectacular.

Comment

Well it's deluded and he has a dig about us. I mean, everything is within its context rather than being a new, fresh thing to consider from first principles. So yeah. But it's very him.

Comment

Some Salop fans are getting worried that 50 points won't be enough to stay up after losing a third game in a row last night (an to a relegation rival). Salop have been out of 17th place for a couple of games now and there is a clamour for them to get back to their proper level.

Comment

Yeah Shrews might need to add another point or two to be completely sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                                  I wonder if Cook will be back at Wigan next season under the new owners. It was a very weird look when he refused to front pressers just after Ipswich's take over was announced. His impact has thus far been less than spectacular.
                                  Well it kind of has been spectacular in that he's somehow made a bad team perform even worse than they were under the interim charge of Matt Gill. Not that it helps but I thought that Gill and Dyer should have been given the chance to see out the season once Lambert left. Marcus Evans appointing a new manager with apparently no planning, and then selling the club, was very Evans.

Part of the trouble must come from Lambert having lowered the bar of expectations so far in the last two or three seasons. The players seemed to think that their plodding, ineffectual possession based football was 'absolutely brilliant.' Cook has come in looking for intensity and it's not gone well. He's gone on record as saying he doesn't like the team and can't trust them (and that they can't cross, don't create chances, etc etc). Many players are out of contract so are basically playing in a manner that should avoid injury: don't run too hard, don't challenge and overstretch, don't tackle and get rid before anyone can hack you.

Which means Cook will be starting from scratch essentially. Now apparently he's quite good at this, so there is some hope. But the atmosphere and results that have arisen from his time in charge already are sowing the seeds of doubt about his capabilities. If he doesn't have 20 points from the first ten matches next season I wouldn't be too surprised if the new owners made a change.

Comment

Salop's goal difference will keep them up if there's a tie on points.

Comment

Busy playing football last night (even managed to score) so missed the City game. Wonderful result and what a great moment for TJ Eyoma to get his first professional goal. Superbly taken header, and delicious cross from Tayo Edun too. Thrilled to see Jorge Grant back on the pitch too, though wonder whether he'll start against Hull. Great set of results last night.

Re: Karl Robinson. Maybe it's just his ever so pleased with himself, smug looking face, but he reminds me of Mark Cooper. Got the feeling he's a lower league media darling too.

Comment

For some reason "football people" seem to rate him, which makes it worse yeah.

Comment

Karl Robinson looks like a "Young Conservative" whose stayed in the association long past graduating age for the piss ups.

Comment

A couple of seasons back we conceeded a late equaliser home to Bristol Rovers and walked back into town pissed off that it meant we weren't quite safe but probably only needed a win and a couple of draws from our last seven games.

On Saturday that late, late Burton equaliser annoyed me but put us on 53 points and pretty much safe.

A couple of seasons back we went to Accrington for our penultimate game and got gubbed 5-1. We got relegated on goal difference.

After last night I'm now fearing the worst. I mean only Rochdale can put us into the bottom four and they need to win the lot but we're not winning again this season.

Comment

Karl Robinson is a bellend. Let's not sugarcoat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                Plough Lane to finally open to a limited set of fans for an under 23 game test event :

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1376562119588593668?s=21

Going to be very tough to get tickets even for people like me who have debentures, understandably so though.

Hopefully this will still be relevant to the D3 thread when it happens.
                                                Got tickets for my boy and I today as they're now open for debenture holders.

I know it's not the proper first game but I am unfeasibly excited.

DCI Harry Batt FYI (though I'm sure you know).

Comment

That's great news Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray, got two sorted myself as well. Not 100% I'll be able to go though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X