No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-0 to the Imps at HT despite not being at their best. Slow start but lovely move for the goal which McGrandles took well. Some lovely touches by Jorge Grant (for the cameras) but Gillingham have dominated possession. Bit worried City were getting dragged down to their level and not retaining the ball as usual but calmed down towards end of first half. Flurry of yellow cards for either side, and Gillingham's chances amount to a few easy saves for Palmer from Oliver headers.

Comment

Delightful 3-0 away win against Steve Evans, including a dubious penalty. Magnificent. Centre backs were outstanding today. Palmer had one save of note and Akinde hit the bar at 3-0 down, but beyond that very comfortable second half. Should have been 4, but assistant incorrectly flagged Jorge Grant offside. Wonderful control and run by Morgan Rogers to set up the third, and delighted that Grant has now scored two penalties back to back, having missed last week and the time before that. Customary yellow card dished out to Steve Evans for being Steve Evans. Onto Tuesday night and Hull now.

Comment

Excellent. Grind his face into the mud.

No telly thread this weekend?

Comment

Ipswich 1-0 up at half-time at home to Blackpool - the first time they have been ahead at the interval in 21 games, since their away game at Blackpool.

Comment

We won! We won a game! We won!

I even watched it. Just in case that was Mark Robinson's only game as manager.

Comment

Oh ffs, someone must have made a pact with the football genie for that injury time winner in the play off semi final back in 2016. I make that eight games now without a win against Portsmouth but we were so close today. Two up with just over five minutes left but our defence just imploded. Again.

Comment

Nine wins from ten for Doncaster now... and we're still not in the top two.

How many points is everyone else being given for a win?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                  We won! We won a game! We won!

I even watched it. Just in case that was Mark Robinson's only game as manager.
                  I dunno why you lot are so pessimistic. Plenty of teams in the mix and loads of the season to go.

Comment

Awful, just awful. Zero shots on target against the side at the foot of the table with the division's worst defence. Just stick 5 in your midfield and chase us down, and our manager doesn't have the awareness to change from the dogmatic 4-3-3 formation. To cap it all, he announces after the game that Malik Wilks is having 'family issues' but it's not 'affecting his game' (he's been absolute shite for a month now)

I fear for us on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post

How many points is everyone else being given for a win?
                      And you broke our run of 8 wins in a row to do it, and we're not even in the play-off spots.

Comment

To be fair you're level with Hull on points, and also matching their number of wins and draws and goals for and against with three games in hand. It's only the fact they won 2-1 in your game against them.

Comment

Oxford fans & some Doncaster fans saw Oxford denied a stonewall penalty at 3-2

Comment

Bloody Ricketts, not playing Fejiri. One of many examples of terrible terrible decisions made.

Glad he's doing well for you though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                              Oxford fans & some Doncaster fans saw Oxford denied a stonewall penalty at 3-2
                              Stonewall is strong, but I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen it given, Butler has a habit of stepping across his man and was very lucky the referee saw it as shoulder to shoulder, as it looked a lot more like shoulder at shoulder from the TV camera angle. The referee gave some perplexing decisions throughout though; at one point in the first half he seemed to give a free-kick against Madger Gomes for clearing the ball too well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                                Awful, just awful. Zero shots on target against the side at the foot of the table with the division's worst defence. Just stick 5 in your midfield and chase us down, and our manager doesn't have the awareness to change from the dogmatic 4-3-3 formation. To cap it all, he announces after the game that Malik Wilks is having 'family issues' but it's not 'affecting his game' (he's been absolute shite for a month now)

I fear for us on Tuesday.
                                Have you got undersoil heating? Can't see the game being on otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post

Have you got undersoil heating? Can't see the game being on otherwise.
                                  We have, I think. I know that there's been some fairly serious travel issues across the river today though, and I don't think it's getting much better tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post

We have, I think. I know that there's been some fairly serious travel issues across the river today though, and I don't think it's getting much better tomorrow.
                                    I wasn't going to buy my iFollow pass until just before kick off. Fingers crossed it'll go ahead but seeing as i've been up since 4 watching the cricket, i'll happily have a nap instead

Comment

Bloody ridiculous:

League One and League Two salary cap plans withdrawn after panel decision

Comment

Well I for one am delighted that Salop can get on with signing Lionel Messi.

Comment

In all.seriousness, the withdrawal of the salary cap has been forced by the PFA, which seems a bit regressive and short termist.

Comment

The EFL board / execs are just useless, aren't they? Incapable of making anything stick. And as for the PFA, they should go fuck themselves.

Comment

Another away win for Argyle though Accrington will feel mightly pissed off not to get at least a draw. We've turned into a bit of a force on our travels since Christmas. It's now one defeat in seven and that was at Bramall Lane in the cup.

Comment

Hull v Lincoln wasn't the worst 0-0 you'll ever see, though the cumulative stat of 1 shot on target from 22 attempts might suggest there's an obvious area both teams might want to work on.

Apparently that was Grant McCann's first 0-0 draw in the league in his time at Hull, which seems an impressively long time. Wonder what the record is for longest time at the start of a managerial tenure without one?

Comment

Woohoo. Salop turned a 0-1 half time deficit into a 2-1 win. Another goal for Harrison Chapman and another great 3 points. Still 17th though.

Comment

Neither side looked like they could hit a barn door, though think Brennan Johnson hit the target. Pitch conditions and weather don't help. Pleased with a point, defence was solid, though concerned that Bridcutt went off early on. Don't ever want to hear the name Keane Lewis-Potter ever again tho, not sure why commentary feel obliged to give out his name in full each time he touched the ball (and launched it subsequently into row Z).

Now if Fleetwood could just hold onto this lead...hoho 3-1 now. Nice!
                                                    Last edited by RobW; 09-02-2021, 21:35.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X