No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got Accrington on Saturday, it was going to be one of our Argyle and ales day and a year to the weekend we last got together for a session. How optimistic we were back in October.

Comment

Portsmouth have lost their appeal over Jack Whatmough's red card. 3 match ban.

Comment

If I'm calculating correctly, Accrington have to play 26 games across only 14.5 weeks (15 Saturdays, 14 midweeks).

Mickey Mouse Trophy QFs next Tuesday:

Tranmere Rovers v Peterborough United
        Oxford United v AFC Wimbledon
        Franchise Cunts v Sunderland AFC
        Hull City v Lincoln City

Comment

Ooo, did they get rid of the Big Club Kids?

Comment

They all got knocked out*: https://football.fandom.com/wiki/202...Trophy#Round_2

*I think they are automatically drawn away from home in the KO stages.

Comment

Excellent. Now knock them out forever.

Comment

So Steve Cotterill is still in hospital. That's not great.

Comment

No it's not. He's been in 2 weeks now and apparently had a bad week last week.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                    Portsmouth have lost their appeal over Jack Whatmough's red card. 3 match ban.
                    "But he played the ball! Look, there it is, THE BALL!"

In Guy Whittingham's day, the ref would have waved play on. In fact he'd have booked Jorge Grant for making such a fuss about it and had ten pints after the game in the bar with Whatnough while laughing at what a punch of pussies the Lincoln team were.

Comment

Left back Brandon Fleming (generally 2nd choice, but a more than capable backup for Callum Elder) is going to be out injured for a while with what Grant McCann has described in the local press as a 'pubic bone injury'.

Comment

Eeek!

Comment

"Brandon Fleming has suffered a setback," McCann told BBC Humberside at his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's home game with Swindon Town.

​​​​​"It’s a really strange one, it’s an over-use one."

Giggidy?

Comment

There is, of course, no football today.

Comment

Understandable, TT.

Although if there was football today Salop would be playing the team that inspired the thread title.

Comment

Really impressed by Lincoln today. They're a very fluent side going forwards and could see a lot of similarities between them and how Rovers have played (especially at home) this season. Today though we set out defensively and it just about did the job, largely restricting Lincoln to shots from distance or delayed crosses from the byline. Well, aside from the two penalties we conceded... both of which were saved by Ellery Balcombe.

Doncaster finally move away from 4th place... up to 3rd.

Comment

Even ignoring the events of today I'm starting to wonder if Glyn Hodges would still be Wimbledon's manager if fans were at matches.

I can't bring myself to watch the games much but two points from eleven league games is astonishingly poor form and even a club as reticent to fire managers as The Dons might have acted by now in normal circumstances.

Maybe Hodges' status as a club legend is a major factor too. Relegation is looking more and more inevitable at the moment though.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-01-2021, 17:19.

Comment

Shrewsbury beat Peterborough 2-0 today. An excellent result. Still in 17th but further away from the drop zone. It was the first time they've won by more than a single goal since the season before last. Harry Chapman with a brace.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                                      Really impressed by Lincoln today. They're a very fluent side going forwards and could see a lot of similarities between them and how Rovers have played (especially at home) this season. Today though we set out defensively and it just about did the job, largely restricting Lincoln to shots from distance or delayed crosses from the byline. Well, aside from the two penalties we conceded... both of which were saved by Ellery Balcombe.

Doncaster finally move away from 4th place... up to 3rd.
                                      I thought Grant's penalty was telegraphed (Radio Lincolnshire had never seen a better penalty save), but the one from Scully was impressively held - certainly appeared to be more powerful. Doncaster defended resolutely throughout and I was deeply unimpressed with our centre backs backing off allowing the shot from distance. Plenty of nice football from City, if too intricate at times but for all our crosses from the by-line we simply did not have enough players in the box or failed to cut it back beyond the keeper. Apart from Johnson's chance at the start of the second half, we didn't trouble Balcombe in open play, and think we lost our way for 10-15 minutes after the first penalty and you could sense mental and physical fatigue creeping in.

Good that Montsma is back fit, I suspect he'll start but we really miss an alternative up front - an out and out striker to replace or complement Hopper. Hopefully Callum Morton will be fit again soon. Got Hull in the Pizza Trophy on Tuesday and then an away trip on Sky Sports against Gillingham on Friday. I don't fancy our chances there.

Comment

Beating Steve Evans is a must. Ask Sean of the Shed, he used to tell me all the time when he infested us...

Comment

Wherever that cunt rocks up that club immediately becomes my second least favourite team. There is only one situation where it would be least favourite.

Comment

Actually, reports surfacing that Hodges has been sacked tonight.

Comment

He's gone :

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1355608303750029317?s=21

Comment

Aye, losing a "derby"* match will do that.

*It's not a fucking derby!

Comment

I think the timing is unfortunate. But you wouldn't want to put it off just because you don't want it to be "them" who were the final straw.

Comment

I know that it's tricky.

I'm just hoping that you stay up so that next season I can see your team at home against us on a fourth ground...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X