Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peterborough United: 'Season of Vengeance' - Div 3 2020-21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Immensely pleased for you, TonTon. Few, if any, deserve to be there more than you.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-11-2020, 14:45.

    Comment


      Good luck tonight TonTon.

      In other (6pm kick-off) news, while it seems redundant to refer to a side that's scored 6 goals in 10 games and sits bottom of the table as "toothless," it is quicker to type than "fucking useless tossers with all the precision of a Trump statistic and no more clear idea of what they're trying to achieve than Dido Harding."

      Comment


        Well, well, well.

        Fitting, in a fashion, that Shrewsbury's equaliser only just crosses the line. Equally fitting that it came in the 8th minute of 6 minutes stoppage time, given the industrial levels of time-wasting from Burton.

        I stand by my earlier remarks, mind.

        Comment


          So the only player old enough to have heard of Plough Lane ruins the homecoming.

          Comment


            Well fuck me.

            Comment


              I mean, on the game as a while, we can't argue with a point. But we cannot hold a sodding lead.

              Comment


                How was the stadium experience?

                (Really pleased for you!)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by imp View Post
                  I haven't seen a Lincoln side playing football over 90 minutes last night for nigh on 40 years. Not just odd flashes of decent play, but consistently effective pass-and-move football at high tempo. What on earth is going on?
                  Normal service has resumed. Worrying that our two best centre backs are missing, one out for up to 6 weeks at least. I have no idea why Montsma missed Tuesday's defeat, but he seemed to take a step back against Donny and gave away possession too easily (Donny in fairness, defended very well from the front).

                  Missed Tuesday's defeat due to playing last game of football (probably until next year). Not brought myself to watch highlights yet.

                  Comment


                    It was actually a good game - we were proper outclassed, but still looked like scoring when we managed to get forward. After pulling a goal back, we were suddenly in charge for a few minutes, but ultimately Palmer saved us from a shellacking and I've no idea why he wasn't named Lincoln's man of the match. Debutant Gotts at right-back got a schooling. My clearly unreliable sources in Leeds had told me he'd guarantee us going up as champions...

                    Comment


                      Blimey, it's been a while, eh?

                      So what I really liked yesterday (apart from our glorious win at Rochdale. Oh and Hull's win, obvs) were the "stats" from the Pompey game. Oh, shame, the board won't let me put the pic up. Never mind, you can find them here

                      Pompey had 30% possession. They and Crewe had similar numbers of shots. Crewe has 13 corners to Pompey's 3.

                      Final score, 4-1 to Pompey.

                      Lovely.

                      Comment


                        Lincoln were struggling at Accrington until a home player got red-carded for a studs-up challenge on Montsma with 20 minutes left. Then it occurred to the team we could win it, so we hit the post twice and shot woefully wide about 20 times. 0-0 was about fair. Supposedly we were denied a clear penalty, but I was simultaneously watching Bundesliga and missed it. The ordered-off lad who went in with his leading foot was a bit unlucky, there was clearly no malicious intent, and Montsma wasn't hurt. A yellow would have been justified.

                        Tough division with a lot of good sides - I think Lincoln will be very happy if we make the playoffs.

                        Comment


                          Playoffs would be fun, definitely.

                          Comment


                            Shrewsbury somehow pissed away the points at Portman Road. Ipswich provided the same stodgy plodding football they've been developing the last few years and were 1-0 down for most of it.

                            For some reason Salop started to invite Town on towards the end of the match and an own goal plus a parry from the keeper to Lankester gifted Ipswich an undeserved win.

                            Comment


                              It's been a few weeks since I posted in here, and I didn't expect us to be still among the front runners, but here we are. The possibility of it going tits up still lingers a little, but McCann seems to have found a formula that works, and competition for places and squad fitness is at a level that was sorely lacking last season.

                              One other thing we've noticed is that there's a lot of opposition managers who don't seem overly enamoured with us. It started with Joey Barton, but a few others have happily given it the "we were the better team" bollocks in post match pressers, including Martin after Saturdays game. All very odd.

                              Comment


                                Well done for smashing them up on Saturday.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post
                                  One other thing we've noticed is that there's a lot of opposition managers who don't seem overly enamoured with us. It started with Joey Barton, but a few others have happily given it the "we were the better team" bollocks in post match pressers, including Martin after Saturdays game. All very odd.
                                  Be advised that, on recent evidence, Paul Lambert will almost certainly do this tomorrow, and, on recent evidence, it will almost certainly be bollocks.

                                  Comment


                                    I only discovered on Saturday that Wimbledon have three away games in a five day period but have this morning realised if they win the third it's actually five fixtures in eleven days :

                                    Sat 21: Rochdale (A)
                                    Tues 24: Gillingham (A)
                                    Thurs 26: Barrow (A) FA Cup First Round
                                    Sun 29: Crawley (H) FA Cup Second Round - provisional
                                    Tues 1: Peterborough (H)

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      Well done for smashing them up on Saturday.
                                      Always a pleasure to visit harm upon such a weeping sore of a football club



                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post

                                        Be advised that, on recent evidence, Paul Lambert will almost certainly do this tomorrow, and, on recent evidence, it will almost certainly be bollocks.
                                        I'm slightly apprehensive about tomorrow night, we've failed one test against a club near the top of the league this season, but in recent promotion campaigns our record against sides challenging us is a bit mixed. I'll take a point.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post

                                          I'm slightly apprehensive about tomorrow night, we've failed one test against a club near the top of the league this season, but in recent promotion campaigns our record against sides challenging us is a bit mixed. I'll take a point.
                                          Ipswich's failure to beat any of the leading teams has been a common theme this season and last. Shall we settle for a 0-0 now and move on?

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Fearful Symmetry View Post

                                            I'm slightly apprehensive about tomorrow night, we've failed one test against a club near the top of the league this season, but in recent promotion campaigns our record against sides challenging us is a bit mixed. I'll take a point.
                                            Just further to Hot Orange’s quote, one factor which has harmed us in defeats to “top teams” this season has been getting sawn off at the knees by referees/linesmen - we had them all over a spate of games in October/November: harsh penalties, harsh red cards, penalties not given, offside goals given. The only one we haven’t had yet is a goal incorrectly ruled out, so yourself or Charlton could be lucky recipients over the next few days.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by kokamoa View Post
                                              Just further to Hot Orange’s quote, one factor which has harmed us in defeats to “top teams” this season has been getting sawn off at the knees by referees/linesmen - we had them all over a spate of games in October/November: harsh penalties, harsh red cards, penalties not given, offside goals given. The only one we haven’t had yet is a goal incorrectly ruled out, so yourself or Charlton could be lucky recipients over the next few days.
                                              I may be in a minority, but I thought Lincoln's penalty against us was fair enough, and certainly no-one was arguing with Nolan's red card. Doncaster's penalty looked a reasonable decision and, besides, they trashed us 4-1, so no real complaints there. The Sunderland refereeing debacle, I'll give you.

                                              Comment


                                                Being sawn off at the knees is less of a big deal if you've already shot yourself in the foot.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                  Shrewsbury somehow pissed away the points at Portman Road. Ipswich provided the same stodgy plodding football they've been developing the last few years and were 1-0 down for most of it.

                                                  For some reason Salop started to invite Town on towards the end of the match and an own goal plus a parry from the keeper to Lankester gifted Ipswich an undeserved win.
                                                  It's what we do.

                                                  Invite pressure and concede late in the game.

                                                  We were 3-1 up and cruising against Swindon last week, before the team decided to camp in our 18 yard area.

                                                  What you saw Saturday has been a problem so far this season.

                                                  One win in 12. Any other manager would have been sacked by now.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                    I only discovered on Saturday that Wimbledon have three away games in a five day period but have this morning realised if they win the third it's actually five fixtures in eleven days :

                                                    Sat 21: Rochdale (A)
                                                    Tues 24: Gillingham (A)
                                                    Thurs 26: Barrow (A) FA Cup First Round
                                                    Sun 29: Crawley (H) FA Cup Second Round - provisional
                                                    Tues 1: Peterborough (H)
                                                    Barrow have the same congestion, and wanted tomorrow's league game to be postponed:

                                                    https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/1886...-fixture-list/

                                                    Were Wimbledon lucky that the tie was not awarded to Barrow?
                                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; Yesterday, 22:24.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X