Beating your (war) chest - Conference North 2020 - 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
    In their first competitive game in the city since 2007, Gloucester City beat Kettering 3-1 this evening.

I genuinely feel great for all of their fans who have been through hell in the last 13 years trying to get the club back to Gloucester. It's a shame so many weren't able to be there for the return.
    What's the long-term prognosis for the ground? Is it considered any more flood-proof than before?

Comment

The ground has been raised 10ft I think, so is now flood proof. There were concerns with where the water would then move to, but the club have worked with the Environment Agency to ensure the build incorporated the flood planning.

I think they've effectively lost the car park that was there beforehand,but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Some long travel distances this year: Gloucester, Hereford.

Comment

Blyth's round trips of over 550 miles each to Gloucester and Hereford do seem a little excessive for a regional league, it is true.

Comment

York's new stadium delayed yet again (drainage issues, apparently), and this time the club have expressed their irritation...

https://twitter.com/YorkCityFC/status/1317374764491694080?s=19

Comment

A York player has tested positive for the old coco-pox, meaning the next two games will be postponed. Is it mean to slightly hope it's our Covid-denying captain Sean Newton?

Also though, this season is going to be an absolute mess if a fortnight's games are called off every time one player tests positive at any club...

Comment

I think it's unsustainable given that the infection rates are only going to get worse. Sadly, I think it may require a death before the authorities see sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                  York's new stadium delayed yet again (drainage issues, apparently), and this time the club have expressed their irritation...

https://twitter.com/YorkCityFC/status/1317374764491694080?s=19
                  If would be more appropriate if they were to express their irrigation......

I'll get my coat.

Comment

This sounds horrendous from Darlo. Hope it's not as serious as it seems...

https://twitter.com/Scottwilsonecho/status/1326301427757625345?s=19

Comment

Looks like good news:

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/nicky-hunt-update

Comment

That's encouraging.

Has to be asked though.... 90 minutes for the ambulance to arrive?!

Comment

Triage because of on-site treatment and presence of medical staff?

Anyway.

Good news about recovery.

(And game should be conceded IMO.)

Comment

Darlington have still only played 8 games and are still in the Trophy so if they get any more COVID or bad weather they will face three games a week.

Comment

It's the strangest league table; Darlo second bottom but could be comfortably into the playoffs with their games in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                It's the strangest league table; Darlo second bottom but could be comfortably into the playoffs with their games in hand.
                                Starting today!

Comment

Confirmed that Gateshead will have the honour of being the first visitors to York's new ground (on Tuesday, 19th January). Hurray, or something...

Comment

It's looking increasingly unlikely the season will finish, e.g. Southport v Darlington COVIDed today..

Comment

In a classic example of our chairman's business logic, York have made two loan signings this week, when the league is probably going to get suspended. One of them is the chairman's son – probably just sick of him hanging around the house all day.

Comment

So no NLN for at least a couple of weeks, and everyone hates us again because our chairman loves an unnecessary Club Statement. Plus ca change...

Comment

Season seemingly declared void:-

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1362480827943292931

Comment

Working...
                                          X