Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's bloody excellent news.

Comment

Woodgate given Bournemouth job until the end of the season. Crikey.

Comment

Does that mean Thierry Henry said no, or he said yes but not until after his Montreal season?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

I may be imagining it (our East Anglian correspondents on here will be able to clarify), but didn't Daniel Farke have an absolutely awful first few months (or possibly longer) at Norwich before turning them into that well-oiled Championship-winning team?
          As I remember, during his first season having just nudged into the Top 6 after winning the East Anglian derby in October 2017, they lost something like 8 games out of the next 10 before stabilising over the second half of the season. There was talk of him getting the boot had they lost the derby at the start of the 18/19 season, but the match was drawn and then they beat Middlesbrough in their next match and never looked back....

....bastards......

Comment

Bristol Rovers are now Joey Barton's Bristol Rovers.

Comment

After some worrying reports on the weekend, I'm just glad they're not Michael Duff's Bristol Rovers.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                Fuck's sake, can't D3 be spared that horrible little runt for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                  Which clubs have stuck with a losing coach for the longest time?
                  Martin O'Neill had an awful start at Leicester, winning just 3 of his first 16 games. And it wasn't like he arrived to a struggling side - Leicester were already near the top of the Championship when O'Neill's predecessor Mark McGhee abandoned ship to apparently greener grass at Wolves (this didn't work out for him, which was a terrible, terrible pity). Leicester fans held a demonstration on the pitch towards the end of that run, demanding O'Neill be sacked. Soon after Leicester's fortunes turned, winning 6 of their last 8 to sneak into the play-offs, which they won and which O'Neill followed up with four successive top half finishes in the Premier League, and in those same seasons two League Cup wins and another losing final. That was very high success for Leicester at the time.

O'Neill absolutely never forgot or forgave the fan demonstration against him. And made sure those fans who did that couldn't gloss over it, either.
                  Last edited by Janik; 22-02-2021, 21:45.

Comment

Nigel Pearson is now at Bristol City, he needs a decent stint at a club now otherwise he'll be seen as just a firefighter type.

Comment

Actually, talking of Pearson, not sacking (or more like sacking and then unsacking) him back in February 2015 when Leicester were bottom of the Premier League surely counts as one of the all-time great strategic calls, albeit not exactly a very moral one given what had happened in the preceding game. It is deeply unlikely that Leicester would be where they are now if the club had pressed ahead with he decision to terminate him at that point as that would surely have meant relegation.

Comment

Bristol City and Bristol Rovers hiring new managers on the same day - that's got to be a first, right? How many other direct rivals have done that?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          Nigel Pearson is now at Bristol City, he needs a decent stint at a club now otherwise he'll be seen as just a firefighter type.
                          Is that such a bad thing though? There will always be clubs on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                            Joey Barton: "I grew up in Liverpool, a port city very similar to Bristol in many regards."

Bloody hell, you turn your back for just 35 years and then you find you've turned into a Scouser.

​I always said The Wurzels are every bit as good as The Beatles, mind.

Comment

Neil Lennon has left Celtic.

Comment

Paul Lambert has finally got the heave-ho from Ipswich. He won't be missed, but nevertheless I'm nervous about the rumoured take-over.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                  Paul Lambert has finally got the heave-ho from Ipswich. He won't be missed, but nevertheless I'm nervous about the rumoured take-over.
                                  Given that they had an impressive win yesterday the timing seems rather odd. Perhaps they've been lining someone up for it for a while?

Comment

A couple of good wins in the last week, but he has been pretty clueless for more than two years and he has recently been falling out with anybody and everybody. There are strong rumours of an imminent take-over, with the new owners wanting to bring in a new man, supposedly Paul Cook

Comment

Thank fuck that's over.

Regarding the improved, more attacking performances of late, word is that Matt Gill has been running the first team since Lambert went crying to TalkSPORT a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Nobody cares about Orient? That surprises and disappoints me.

Comment

I do. Both my teams lose their manager on the same day! Tough for Embleton to take over after Justin Edinburgh's death and I feel he's done ok in the circumstances. I hope Jobi McAnuff succeeds because he is great in every way.

Comment

It was increasingly apparent that Embleton wasn't up to it - his football increasingly bland and listless, in a malfunctioning 4-3-3 that he wouldn't change.

It's a bold move putting McAnuff in at this point - I hate the idea of club legends failing - but if it comes off, it could be quite transformational for us. And him. The fanbase is quite split on whether we should have done this or gone for a seasoned older boss. But it's perked me up after the last couple of months of sitting bored in front of a computer on a Saturday afternoon watching dross

Comment

Out of absolutely nowhere Wednesday have announced that Darren Moore is our new manager. Surprised and pleased by that. Not so sure it's a good career move for him, mind.

Comment

I think it's a good appointment for Wednesday, but I've reached the point where I struggle to give a flying fuck about Wednesday, such that when I heard this news, my first reaction was to be pissed off on behalf of Doncaster

Comment

Not much love for Paul Lambert on here. I know the feeling.

And falling out with everything and everyone at the club? Something he’s done consistently throughout his career, almost as if the fault lies with him.

I hope Ipswich have more fortune with this takeover than the last one, although the repercussions of that may last well into any new ownership.

Comment

The BBC site currently linking Lambert with the Celtic job, stressing the “mutual consent” terms with which he left Ipswich. That would be a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X