Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    What's all this about Burnley interviewing Mark Hughes? Surely a bluff to make sure Dyche toes the line is it not, they can't be serious?
    Dyche is (rightly) pissed off with the board over expiring contracts and the transfer budget.

The papers are whipping this up into him leaving (50/50) and being replaced by Hughes, who probably has mates pushing him for the gig.

Comment

One wonders where Dyche would end up if he did leave. No vacancies in the clubs above Burnley. Perhaps West Ham if they managed to survive or went big to get back up? Palace if Hodgson retires. Everywhere else looks settled except Watford (never settled) and Newcastle (likely to go foreign and big-money assuming takeover goes through). Perhaps if Villa or Bournemouth took a massive punt on an at the death change? Villa a "bigger" club but a huge risk for both them and potential manager.

Comment

He'd go to a Championship club, I think. He'd do well somewhere like Swansea.

Comment

Bruno Lage hands his resignation in at Benfica after a 2-0 defeat to Maritimo, president accepts.

There's talk in the Portuguese papers that Pochettino could be Benfica's next manager. At first I thought it was a typical rumour headline to sell papers, but the more I think about it, a year in Lisbon would probably be a good move for Pochettino to remain active and see what happens at Man Utd, Spurs or Real Madrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
            He'd go to a Championship club, I think. He'd do well somewhere like Swansea.
            We couldn't afford him. Burnley will go down with Mark Hughes in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

We couldn't afford him. Burnley will go down with Mark Hughes in charge.
              It's the deserved fate of anyone who employs that fucking charlatan.

Comment

The only people who want Hughes in charge at Turf Moor are Mark Hughes and his mates.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                  Bruno Lage hands his resignation in at Benfica after a 2-0 defeat to Maritimo, president accepts.

There's talk in the Portuguese papers that Pochettino could be Benfica's next manager. At first I thought it was a typical rumour headline to sell papers, but the more I think about it, a year in Lisbon would probably be a good move for Pochettino to remain active and see what happens at Man Utd, Spurs or Real Madrid.
                  Potch will never come back to Spurs

Comment

Sol Campbell has left Southend by mutual consent after just eight months in charge. I don't blame him for us getting relegated as we were effectively down after the first eight games and it was only Bolton which stopped us from being bottom. I wonder how financially screwed the club are at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post

The results appear to have fallen off a cliff at the Estadio since the season resumed.

Comment

Ian Evatt expected to be announced as new Bolton manager tomorrow, and taking three backroom staff with him, somewhat taking the shine off Barrow's promotion.

Comment

I saw that yesterday was the day that Alan Pardew's eight year deal with Newcastle expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                            Ian Evatt expected to be announced as new Bolton manager tomorrow, and taking three backroom staff with him, somewhat taking the shine off Barrow's promotion.
                            Aye, tough on Barrow that but par for the course for everyone outside the elite clubs. He's taken a tough job on. Just a handful of contracted young players and the club subject to a further 12 months transfer embargo.

On the plus side, expectations are on the floor for most of us and our new owners have been busy going about cleaning up the mess left behind by the previous regime, clearing outstanding debts and finding the compo for Barrow, believed to be anything from 100k to 250k

Comment

Jorge Jesus is returning to Benfica from Flamengo

Comment

Cercle Brugge have taken one for the team and appointed Paul Clement.

Comment

Seems to have been missed on this thread - but Lee Johnson has been sacked at Bristol City. A lot of Cheltenham fans are concerned that Duff may head there, but I think they'll be after someone with Championship experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                    they'll be after someone with Championship experience.
                                    They could have Jos Luhukay, who also unmentioned on this thread got the push at St Pauli.

Comment

Seems kinda harsh. Bristol are much improved, despite sliding out of the play-offs.

Comment

Ryan Lowe linked with the Bristol City vacancy. Micky Mellon leaving Tranmere for Tannadice. Robbie Fowler one of the more surprising names linked for that one.

Comment

Yes, Mellon is a tangerine. Fowler was mentioned but not interviewed, whereas Steve McLaren was very close to taking the job, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Jorge Jesus is returning to Benfica from Flamengo
                                            He has said he wants to eventually but is staying with Flamengo for now. His contract runs until June 2021.

https://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...-o-clube.ghtml

Comment

I thought from Astaires' post that it was Tranmere that Fowler had been linked with, which seemed to make sense.

Comment

I thought that too.

Comment

John Sheridan is the new manager at Waterford. Come on you Crystals! (if that isn't their nickname then there'll be trouble)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                    I thought from Astaires' post that it was Tranmere that Fowler had been linked with, which seemed to make sense.
                                                    Yes, that's what I meant. Fowler was one of the names linked with Tranmere, as was David Unsworth. Could be lazy journalism "Who played for either Everton or Liverpool who's doing their coaching badges?"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X