Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Warnock replaces Jonathan Woodgate at Middlesbrough.

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/1275350822893883395?s=19

Blatant plug, but I've posted the passages from my book about when he was named Bury manager on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/status/1275367807866343425?s=20

Comment

Do we know if this is a permanent appointment or one of those short-term "rest of the season and a big bonus if you keep us up" deals?

I'm just trying to gauge the risk of D3 players and supporters suffering Warnock anti-football next season.

Comment

We don't know.

Live ticker tape from the Gazette if anyone cares or likes dealing with Trinity Mirror websites.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...eaves-18470665

Apparently Woodgate is being kept on by the club in an as yet unspecified capacity.

Comment

Aren't we still in 19/20 anyway?

Comment

Yes, which was another reason for my question.

Comment

If Exeter go up, and Colin fucks it up and Boro go down, it will be the first time ever the two clubs have met.

Comment

There was a friendly in 1994.

Comment

That's a very curt statement from Boro.

Comment

It seems odd that they had three months in which to sack Woodgate but chose to do it after one game back.

Comment

Not entirely sure you could sack somebody in the middle of a lockdown and get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        It seems odd that they had three months in which to sack Woodgate but chose to do it after one game back.
                        But what a game, eh. The last game before the season stopped was an away win at a relegation rival that took us out of the bottom 3, so it would have been weirder to sack him then.

Anyway, ho hum. Hope he does a job then fucks off.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                          Aren't we still in 19/20 anyway?
                          It depends if you're breathing the rarified air in the top 2 levels (or have got to a play off final). For most of us 19-20 is done.

Comment

Well, Middlesborough are still very much in 19/20.

Comment

Ding.

Comment

Apologies, I bloody double-checked it originally as well - not sure what happened there.

Comment

My apologies for not being able to keep up with the ins-and-outs of the UKs coronavirus (non-)policy, but is Warnock allowed out of the house at his age?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    Well, Middlesborough are still very much in 19/20.

I was going to crack a gag about Boro wishing they had George Camsell up front now, but he didn't join the club until 1925.

So close.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                      Blatant plug, but I've posted the passages from my book about when he was named Bury manager on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/jamesisaburyfan/status/1275367807866343425?s=20
                                      That's hilarious. How long did he last, then?

Comment

Appointed June 1998, left December 1999. Oversaw relegation to the third tier on goals scored on the last day of 98/99. This was the only season when that was the qualifying factor rather than goal difference, and Warnock’s Bury managed a whopping 38.

Comment

I'll ask Snake Plissken to change the thread title to add "and the festering remains of 2019-20".

Er, Snake Plissken could you add that? Cheers.

Comment

Thanks Snake Plissken

Comment

So Hearts, having furloughed players and staff and got their manager to take no salary then proceed to sack him by newspaper headline in order to hire our championship winning boss, requiring a six-figure compensation payment.

Comment

What's all this about Burnley interviewing Mark Hughes? Surely a bluff to make sure Dyche toes the line is it not, they can't be serious?

Comment

Looks like we
                                                  might be dodging Malky Mackay so the odds are narrowing on...Steve McLaren?!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X