Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn’t Fowler get linked with every North West based job in League One or Two?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post
      Doesn’t Fowler get linked with every North West based job in League One or Two?
      I don't recall him being linked with our vacancy but then many of us were preoccupied with the possibility Sol Campbell might get it.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
        John Sheridan is the new manager at Waterford. Come on you Crystals! (if that isn't their nickname then there'll be trouble)
        I Wonder...

Comment

Boringly, Waterford are just The Blues .

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post

I don't recall him being linked with our vacancy but then many of us were preoccupied with the possibility Sol Campbell might get it.
            I seem to remember his name being touted for jobs in the past, definitely Bury was one of them he was allegedly applying for.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
              John Sheridan is the new manager at Waterford. Come on you Crystals! (if that isn't their nickname then there'll be trouble)
              They are called the blues.

Comment

David Dunn announced as new Barrow manager after Ian Evatt went to Bolton last week.

Comment

Pep leaves City.

(Clotet. Birmingham.)

Comment

If Wednesday weren't so skint surely Clotet's nemesis, Monk, would've beaten him out of the door.

Comment

Monk and Clotet used to be great mates, what went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                        Ryan Lowe linked with the Bristol City vacancy.
                        Lowe is also being talked about for Wednesday, though we don't technically have a vacancy yet, Monk does appear to be a dead man walking. Lowe's credentials would seem ideal - ie doing well with skint clubs. He also played for us, though to be honest I'd forgotten that, and he probably has too.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          Jorge Jesus is returning to Benfica from Flamengo
                          You were right. He's going.

His record at Flamengo: P57 W43 D10 L4.
                          Last edited by cantagalo; 17-07-2020, 16:26.

Comment

Cowleys gone at Huddersfield.

Pearson gone at Watford.

Comment

Harsh on Cowley being sacked by Huddersfield despite guiding them to safety after taking over when they were bottom with just one point from six games.

Comment

Similar applies to Pearson, to be honest. They were six points from safety when he took over.

Comment

What the fuck is wrong with the people running Watford? Or did he strangle someone half to death leaving them with no choice?

Comment

Neither decision makes any sense to me.

Comment

I assume that Pearson wasn't fully on board with the Pozzos' "business model" and "associates".

Comment

Watford are determined to burn through any goodwill they might accumulate. I was rooting for them to stay up, underdog style, this year, but now they can get to fuck.

Comment

Cowley isn’t a shock. Won two in eight and didn’t score in five prior to beating West Brom. That’s enough to get you sacked in the Championship.

Pearson’s sacking is purely Watford being Watford.

Comment

Pearson was only sacked 2 games early. His contract only ran to the end of the season.

Comment

The Huddersfield supporting side of the family are a little shocked but not totally surprised. The Cowleys did as expected/hoped and got them out of the relegation zone. Problemi s that unlike Wigan and Reading who were in a similar situation they never kicked on from there and scuffling around the dotted line for the rest of the season wasn't part of the big money deal. Allegedly the brothers have ruffled a few playing and boardroom feathers too, so once safety was guaranteed, everyone felt it best to move on separately. Pearson leaving Watford may just be too much of a coincidence as a number of people in South Yorkshire feel that Garry Monks days at Wednesday may be limited to next Wednesday...

Comment

Add me to the list of those rooting for Watford to go down after that stupid sacking. Come on Villa!

Comment

Plus, of course, I can get a bus to Watford...

Comment

Villa are not exactly likable either.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X