Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think NS was noting similarity between Bradford and Roma's colours.

Comment

Tottenham are really taking Euro 2020 as a couple of weeks to see how far they have to go to get on the back page.

Comment

Levy will sign on to this thread soon to get some ideas

Comment

https://twitter.com/domfifield/status/1407772039025508353

Comment

Yes, this was on local radio this morning. Could turn out to be a very good appointment. I'd be quite excited if I was a Palace supporter.

Comment

Sorry to the spurs fans, but this did make me chuckle

Comment

West Brom have confirmed Barnsley's Valerien Ismael as their new manager.

Comment

*Sigh* Here we go again. That's three successful managers in a row (Stendel, Struber) that have left us for better opportunities elsewhere. That's how football goes I know, but the speed in which they leave us is galling. I just don't have any connection to any manager now. They're just stop gaps in The Plan. Eventually we'll get a bad one (like Morais) and the whole pack of cards will come tumbling down.

West Brom will get a manag... sorry, head coach, who demands constant energetic direct football. It's not pretty but they'll never complain that their team didn't give everything.

Barnsley will get a new head coach that none of us will have heard of. I won't expend much energy finding out much about him or even learning how to spell his name, as he'll be gone soon enough.

Comment

I didn't think anyone could make West Brom's football even uglier but he certainly will.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/1408171663485718533

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        I didn't think anyone could make West Brom's football even uglier but he certainly will.
                        It's an interesting kind of ugly though.

Comment

As much as I criticised our tactics throughout last season, I'd rather watch that than what England have been doing recently.

Comment

John McGreal and his assistant have left Swindon after just one month in charge and having never managed them in a match. They released 13 players in the summer and have signed just two.

Comment

Has any club ever made such a mess of sacking than not appointing a new manager as spurs this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                John McGreal and his assistant have left Swindon after just one month in charge and having never managed them in a match. They released 13 players in the summer and have signed just two.
                                Could be an interesting opening game at Scunny, whose comparable stats are 17 and one.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

It's an interesting kind of ugly though.
                                  Yes, I enjoyed watching Barnsley last season. It was certainly interesting and in some aspects genuinely innovative.

I particularly liked their tactic of running their front three into the ground by manically pressing and substituting all of them after an hour for their replacements to do exactly the same for the rest of the game. It worked a treat against Brentford and all I could think at the end of the game was fair play to Ismael.

If they could have got past Swansea, he might have been a Premier League manager now.

Comment

Thanks for that!

I think one of the under reported aspects of our 'success' last season was the increased substitutions rule. The day the rule came out, Ismael said that it would help our team and then he did exactly what you've said - game after game. The surprising thing to me was that no one seemed to copy our approach when it became obvious that a) we seemed to have more energy than everyone else and b) this lasted for the entire game.

Comment

Scott Parker has left Fulham to join Bournemouth:

https://www.the42.ie/scott-parker-se...80012-Jun2021/

Comment

This makes no sense, what's he achieved at Fulham with a considerable amount of money?

Steve Cooper is again the favourite to land this job. I've got very mixed feelings on him, I dislike the way he makes us play but he's seriously over achieved as a manager. I doubt he can make the play offs three seasons in a row and expect him to leave for a better opportunity.

Comment

According to The Athletic, Patrick Vieira is in talks with Crystal Palace. Agreed in principle but nothing signed yet.

Comment

Would he fancy the France job? Would institutional racism in France be an obstacle to his being offered it?

Comment

Rafa Benitez to Everton is an interesting one. Would be the first to manage both Liverpool clubs since Liverpool's founding as an Everton splinter group (Everton's manager William Barclay stayed with the new club).

Comment

Marcus Schopp in at Barnsley. I hope he's successful enough to earn himself a move to Bournemouth/Fulham/Swansea by January.

Comment

Do we get compensation if he moves during his contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                    Would he fancy the France job? Would institutional racism in France be an obstacle to his being offered it?
                                                    More that his spell at Nice rather petered out with a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X