Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin's back: managerial changes 2020-21 (and the festering remains of 2019-20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
    He was very pally with Mark Ashton, the soon to be CEO, when they were together at Watford.
    That's the connection I was thinking of. Thanks.

Comment

Jesse Marsch reportedly the latest to turn down Tottenham

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        Jesse Marsch reportedly the latest to turn down Tottenham
        He's Crap Energy Drink through and through, isn't he? New York, Salzburg and he's already been assistant at Leipzig - he's destined to take Nagelsmann's place.

Isn't Erik ten Hag favourite for the Spurs job now?

Comment

Very much so, but there was some sense that he might be tired of waiting for Leipzig

And yes, ten Hag seems to be the front-runner

Comment

Bayern are reported to have paid Crap Energy Drink 20 million euro to release Nagelsmann from his contract
            When you add the 43 million euro to meet Upamecano's release, that's an awful lot of dosh to put in your closest competitor's pocket.

Comment

It's never really bothered Bayern (see their payments to Dortmund, Leverkusen, etc), as they are confident that they will always be able to find more where that came from

Comment

Is it too much to hope for that a sense of nostalgia leads to Spurs offering Klinsmann the job?

Comment

I'm fairly sure Spurs would like to attract Brendan Rodgers to the role. I'm also reasonably hopeful that Rodgers doesn't think that particular move is a good idea for him.

Comment

I do rather suspect that things are going to get worse before they get better at Tottenham.

You'd want to be the next manager but one, or possibly two.

Comment

Apparently Spurs are going to offer Brendan Rodgers a ?15 million a year contract which is triple what he's on at Leicester.

Comment

That sounds familiar. I seem to recall a Big Job becoming available (Arsenal?) and Rodgers being heavily linked in the media. Then he signed a new, much improved contract despite only being in his current gig for a short while. I felt at the time that it was an amazing coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                          That sounds familiar. I seem to recall a Big Job becoming available (Arsenal?) and Rodgers being heavily linked in the media. Then he signed a new, much improved contract despite only being in his current gig for a short while. I felt at the time that it was an amazing coincidence.
                          Big Jobs?

He's off to join Ro-Busters?

(One for the teenagers there)

Comment

Brendan as Hammerstein or Ro-Jaws?

Comment

Whilst I applaud the Ro-Busters reference I'm not sure I quite get it.
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-04-2021, 10:30.

Comment

"Big Jobs" was Mek-Quake's catchphrase in Ro-Busters

Comment

Bristol City give Nigel Pearson a three year deal which seems unusually optimistic. Of the ten teams he’s managed previously he only stayed at Leicester for that amount of time. It’s not as if he’s been pulling up trees in Bristol either - only two wins in his twelve games on charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    Apparently Spurs are going to offer Brendan Rodgers a ?15 million a year contract which is triple what he's on at Leicester.
                                    Leicester were league winners fairly recently when Rodgers took over there. I don't see how at Spurs he can do better than Pochettino did, except maybe an FA or League Cup. For example, beating Man City and an excellent Ajax over two legs, which MP did, is a very tough ask for Rodgers with this side, although obviously he'd want money to fill the gaps in quality, especially depth, but then IIRC MP wanted that cash and was refused.
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 30-04-2021, 13:11.

Comment

Very on brand

Last edited by ursus arctos; 30-04-2021, 14:29.

Comment

Ah, hadn't seen Guy's Ro-Busters post only Gert's that followed it.

Comment

Very on brand

I'm going to predict that, following several dull and uninspired columns, Mourinho will be gone by the quarter finals. Club legend Samantha Fox to take over in a caretaker role for the remainder of the tournament.

Comment

Presumably Tottenham's interest in Rodgers is the result of Ajax having extended ten Hag's contract

Levy is certainly finding that the club is not as attractive a destination as he thinks it is

Comment

Spurs is a tough sell. Mourinho has outdone himself there.

Comment

Very on brand

From what I gather he's on Talksport covering the Euros this summer too.

Comment

The Scum and TalkShite... when is he going to start dropping napalm on orphanages then?

Comment

You have to admire the Sun's topical references in their headlines - it's only 38 years since Dick Emery died.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X