Marcus Rashford

Well done!

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1272862318460878848?s=20

https://twitter.com/etymologic/status/1272863865097904129?s=20

he's 22 years old.

Comment

Well done that man.

Comment

Wow. Fantastic achievement, and what a great guy. That's going to be seriously confusing for me when Man Utd play with him in the side now.

Comment

While I’m sure top players make donations to charities for their own tax incentives, Rashford, much like Kane, seem like they’re genuinely wanting to help their local communities and the country as a whole.

Comment

Top class. All these young likeable English footballers are making it difficult to maintain order in the AEB.

Comment

Great effort and all the more impressive given his age and the quiet, modest advocacy for a cause rooted in his own experiences.

Comment

5/1 odds for SPOTY. First winner for entirely off the field actions?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                  Any chance that could be instated before Friday evening?

(Fair play to Rashford - a good player with a good heart.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                    That filthy centrist Starmer in a sign of spinelessness

https://labourlist.org/2020/06/pm-re...ting-pressure/

https://labourlist.org/2020/06/starm...-school-meals/

Opposed this and was due to force a vote on it before the U-turn was announced.

Comment

Interesting that the BBC News website should go with the strapline "The Manchester United star praises the government for agreeing to fund free school meals in England this summer", particularly as I can't see that he has done. He has tweeted to all MPs "I am thankful to you all that we have given these families just one less thing to worry about tonight", which isn't quite the same thing.

Comment

Fair enough jeanmid. Starmer was pushing this. Just not with the clarity and persistence Rashford was showing.

What I thought was really fantastic was that he spoke openly someone who benefited from free school meals - Have repeatedly said that he would not be here today if his mum hadn’t received them.

BBC are cowards.

patrick van aanholt isnt

[URL="https://twitter.com/pvanaanholt/status/1272886659999244290?s=21"]https://twitter.com/pvanaanholt/stat...999244290?s=21[/URL]
                        Last edited by Nefertiti2; 16-06-2020, 16:54.

Comment

https://twitter.com/paul__johnson/status/1272937312805097472?s=20

Comment

Comment

Who's Courtney Lawes? (Aside from being a wanker, as evidenced by that tweet)

Comment

ad hoc he's and England rugby player.

Courtney Lawes is also a supporter of Israel Folau, the former Australian rugby player who was sacked because of his homophobic tweets.

After getting a response to his tweet he deleted it.

Many of my students who will be getting this voucher come from families where the parents lost their jobs because of Covid-19.

Comment

Rashford's campaign and the success of it are fantastic but BB&F! has a very valid point, just as he did with the recent Shilton thread.

It's not even a case of "Keep politics out of football" (because of course threads on here touch on the politics of the game) but "Keep World in World" because that's by far the best context for discussing what is expressly a political issue,

Comment

Both instances of name-calling/insults were rank, unnecessary and inflammatory. Can't understand why people do that.

Tbf, this thread could have been in World (it's got very little to do with Football per se), but I'm sure it's easy to avoid particular threads, so not sure what the fuss is.

Comment

It's a successful campaign initiated by a very prominent PL footballer, so I don't see how it can't exist in either forum.

Comment

It’s mental that people still get reeled in by Hopkins and interact with her, which she craves. She needs starving of the attention she seeks.

Comment

My time on OTF right now is limited and I don't want to be wasting it removing posts.

This is a rare instance of crossover between forum sections and is equally applicable to both. So I'm fine with it here for the moment.

Comment

I've fundamentally despised United since I was nine or ten, and that isn't going to change. But this chap has done well. Very well indeed.

E10 I think said elsewhere that of the mega-rich, the footballers are the best, and he's probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                              I've fundamentally despised United since I was nine or ten, and that isn't going to change. But this chap has done well. Very well indeed.

E10 I think said elsewhere that of the mega-rich, the footballers are the best, and he's probably right.
                                              Is that because of all the mega-rich they're the most likely to have experienced poverty or want earlier in life. And those that haven't experienced it mix with others that have.

Edit to add: or maybe it's as simple as they're just decent people whatever popular opinion would have us believe.
                                              Last edited by Greenlander; 17-06-2020, 09:59.

Comment

That, and that they fundamentally, in their day jobs at least, retain their class position despite being very well paid.

Comment

Always thought of Rashford as a decent guy - now I know he's a determined one too. Chapeau, young sir.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X