• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/rightbankwarsaw/status/1275166806781636610

Comment

ive just booked the weekend of 29.8 in warsaw,so that's a relief

Comment

So I have tickets for the following through contacts in Poland ;

Fri 10th July - Sparta Wroclaw v GKM Grudziadz (speedway)
        Sun 12th July - Slask Wroclaw v Pogon Szczecin (football)
        Sun 12th July - Zielena Gora v Stal Gorzow (speedway)

I now just have to confirm the travel plans look doable and for the government here to confirm the quarantine isn't going to apply. It means a bit if a dash by train from Wroclaw to Zielena Gora on the Sunday but that's the way the fixtures fell.

It doesn't look like there is a workable football game or sporting event on the Saturday so will probably see the sights of Wroclaw. Any suggestions gratefully received.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-07-2020, 14:09.

Comment

Presumably Usti nad Labem vs Vikoria Zizkov on the Saturday would be too far away ?

Comment

I think it probably is as I'm not planning to drive myself. I did spot a game at Pardubice on the Saturday too (which I think is closer) but crossing borders does seem to start complicating things, especially by train.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-07-2020, 16:36.

Comment

Found an accessible game in Liga I on the Saturday, GKS Tychy V Puszcza Niepolmice. Now to get a ticket, their site has them but not been able to get one yet due to language/membership issues but can hopefully get one sorted.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-07-2020, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                So I have tickets for the following through contacts in Poland ;

It doesn't look like there is a workable football game or sporting event on the Saturday so will probably see the sights of Wroclaw. Any suggestions gratefully received.
                There is one unmissable sight in Wroclaw. a panorama battle painting wrapped around the inside walls of a cylinder-shaped building : https://mnwr.pl/category/oddzialy/panorama-raclawicka/

You are given perhaps 45 minutes to view it. The main square and Cathedral Island areas of the city are also lovely.

But Tychy is probably 2-3 hours away by train, so there'll be some travelling to do to get there.

Comment

What James said

Comment

Thanks both, I realised I have all day Friday prior to the speedway to sightsee in Wroclaw which gives me Saturday to strike out to Tychy if I get a ticket. Will certainly check out James's recommendations.

Comment

Not sure if it’s just me but I’m not that desperate that I’d fly 2-3 hours to watch a live game of football.

I’m more desperate for a city break and aimlessly walking around a city than watching football that I don’t care about.

Comment

But why would you go on a city break and not try to find some sport to watch while you were there?

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post

ive just booked the weekend of 29.8 in warsaw,so that's a relief
                          oh well,so much for that.they changed the flights to different days which i cant make

Comment

GKS Tychy have got in touch so a ticket for Saturday seems to be on!

Comment

Have a good trip.

I posted at a ridiculously early hour yesterday and in a rush as I was getting ready to go for a hike, but just to add a little :

When we went to Wroclaw two years ago, we stayed four nights and had a couple of trips out of the city. The day we stayed in Wroclaw, we went to see the Panorama Raclowicka as the museum opened in the morning. I think this was a good idea as it meant we were in the first group to be taken up to view the painting. It's a magnificent and possibly unique piece of art that really cannot be missed, but it doesn't take long to see and then the rest of the day is clear.

Wroclaw is also known for its gnome statues. There are dozens and dozens all over town. Perhaps the best is a representation of an entire orchestra that stands outside the modern concert hall - the home of the Wroclaw (or Silesian?) Philharmonic.

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2017...-cheeky-gnomes

My final recommendation is a food one. There is a great Pierogi restaurant called Stary Mlyn (Old Mill), right on the main square. It's part of a small chain, as there is a place with the same name and similar layout in Torun, where I go every year from school.

https://www.pierogarnie.com/c,3,kont...n-wroclaw.html

Comment

Working...
                              X