Footballers who might be racist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Perhaps best lock this thread now, it's not going to be edifying (not particularly a response to EIM's post but the two prior looking to regurgitate very old and well-worn stramashes).
    I'm happy to elaborate, but it seemed an odd basis for a thread anyway, so I thought I'd just drop it in.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
      Wasn't there a small exchange here once about a player from Uruguay racially abusing an African player from France, and a whole team wore T-shirts in support of the racial abuser? Vague memories...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        Perhaps best lock this thread now, it's not going to be edifying (not particularly a response to EIM's post but the two prior looking to regurgitate very old and well-worn stramashes).
        Well, my delicacy in not mentioning names may suggest that I'm not looking to revisit old stramashes, but if there's a thread about footballers who "might be racist", I don't think it's unfair to mention a case where a footballer not only might have been racist, but was found guilty of racist conduct. I mean, it's hardly controversial to mention that player in this context. If his case cannot be mentioned, then we simply mustn't have threads titled "Footballers who might be racist".

If I wanted to stir shit, and provoke a new stramash, I'd have gone about it in a very different way.

And why a mention of John Terry should be verboten is beyond me. I think there is a fairly broad consensus that he might quite possibly be a racist.

Comment

I’m struggling to see what the point of this thread is and what good can come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
            It's a bit poor to conflate Shilts the racist with Shilts the supposedly crap keeper. The latter he most definitely was not.
            As a rule I would agree but the posters above are quite right about three clear errors which cost England dear in vital WC games and that Shilton has been fortunate not to have been more publicly criticised for them. Why it's as if the English press would rather focus on 'typical' German luck or vilify a cheating little Argentinian than rurn their attention on the fact that our goalkeeper messed up.

Comment

Am I the only one reading Shilton's "I knew it started with an F" as a self-deprecating joke on his part, a rather neat response to make light of his earlier error? Maybe you all are, it's hard to tell.

Comment

Working...
              X