Euro 2000 - WSC pull out review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro 2000 - WSC pull out review

I am 99.9% certain of the existence of a small pull out review addendum to the main magazine after Euro 2000, called "High times in the low countries" (I think). I'm not sure who wrote it, I want to say Harry Pearson but it's been so long. It contained things along the lines of, "in a country that has voluntary euthanasia, the match seems to be campaigning for its right to die" (re: Sweden 0-0 Turkey), the author visits a bar where the owner finds out he is a journalist and announces it excitedly to the patrons, to which "two gentlemen in the corner applaud meekly", and damn I can't remember any more, but I remember reading it over and over. Can anyone corroborate the existence of this? Was it just one big fever dream I've been remembering very vividly for 20 years? Am I remembering it wrong? Was it just the review in the main magazine I'm thinking of? I kept it for years but a small A5 magazine extra thingy can only survive so many moves/emigrations/unemigrations. Thanks in advance...

Someone is selling a full set of 2000 issues on Ebay at the moment and in the photo you can see the Euro 2000 pull out mentioned on the cover of the issue with a red background, sixth from the bottom right.

Yes, I should get out more but these are unusual times.

Comment

Thanks, bought them - it does exist!

Comment

Working...
      X