World Cup 66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    Contemporary reports suggest that Brazil also dished out some thuggery v Portugal, but that would have been a case of kicking before being kicked, I guess.
    I think that they did, yes. Just not quite at the level of 1974.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
      Great spot Capybara, that's the one. The forward has rolled-up sleeves in the photo, too, and you can see them in that clip.
      And he's not wearing a 10 on his back.

So apart from it being a different player, in a different position, in a different team, in a different match, in a different stadium... That bloody Geoff Hurst, eh?!

Comment

Fake news from The Awesome Berbaslug!!! ? Shocking...

Comment

I've just watched the clip in question, and how anyone can seriously compare Hurst's challenge, where he's clearly attempting to get on the end of a looping cross, with what Schumacher did is beyond me. And to then link a photo of a different match? Then I looked at the time of the postings; Berba, were you a little tired and emotional? We've all done it...

Comment

All Englishmen look like Cromwell to TAB

Comment

Including the Swiss ones, no doubt

Comment

As I noted above, Bulgaria really had a plan to kick Brazil off the pitch. Pele was taken off during the first half, returned during the second half but was ineffective. Perhaps the plan was to protect against the kicking happening again against Portugal but it's worth noting that the jogo bonito that is attached to Brazil rarely accounts for how often they foul other sides. I know there was a lot of drama when Neymar went out in 2014 but I assume there are stats somewhere that show how often that Brazilian side was fouling their opponents. And that had a been a normal move: try to play but instead of tight defense when losing the ball, just chop the other side down.

Comment

The last time I watched highlights of the 1970 World cup final, I remember thinking Pele should have been sent off. He had two dead cert yellow card challenges right in front of the referee ,and wasn't even spoken to.

Comment

There's a blatant elbow in the move for Brazil's goal v England.

Comment

Working...
                    X