No announcement yet.

FA Cup Final Grandstand 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if Slade are Wolves fans but the opposite seems to be true. Bohs played Wolves in a friendly as part of the Stephen Ward transfer agreement. At half time in friendlies we always try to play a song from the opposition home town, so we stuck on Far Far Away for them, it got a very positive reaction on the day and online later.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
      I just wanted to post a picture of Noddy Holder looking like a mass murderer.
      Cum On Feel The Noose
      Gudbuy T'Jane
      Mama Weer All Crazy Serial Killers Now
      Skweeze Me Throat Please Me Scrote

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
        The mirrored top hat tends to undermine that somewhat.

Not really. That would be the reverse-Tooth Fairy - you see your reflection as he murders you.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
          I don't know if Slade are Wolves fans but the opposite seems to be true. Bohs played Wolves in a friendly as part of the Stephen Ward transfer agreement. At half time in friendlies we always try to play a song from the opposition home town, so we stuck on Far Far Away for them, it got a very positive reaction on the day and online later.

Such an underrated song, with some terrific lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
            The mirrored top hat tends to undermine that somewhat.
            He looks like a murderer in a mirrored top hat. It's a theme that has come up more than a few times on the Chartmusic podcast. The Incredible hardness, and suppressed violence of a lot of 60's and 70's british light entertainment people.

Comment

And of course before Slade's glam years there was the skinhead phase:

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                Noddy's a Wolves man if this is to be believed:

https://twitter.com/wfcofficial/stat...69235721924608

but Duncan Gardner might be able to confirm or otherwise.
                Aye, Holder's a Dingle. Also claims to be a big cricket fan.

I'd go for the Sweet as the most psychotic looking Glam band.

In the 80s, UB40 were widely rumoured to have gangland connections.

In another sport/ music/ cartoon violence link, I chatted briefly to the Stranglers guitarist while queueing at the ice cream van at Lord's. He had a Huge Cornetto

Comment

Whilst we’re on the subject of the Black Country clubs, I did a summer in Tenerife back in 2009. Worked with a girl called “Molly” from Dudley. Well, we thought her name was Molly. When her parents come out for a weekend, we found out her name was actually Molineux but she shortened it to Molly, as you would.

Comment

Ha ha. Could be Millie too (Molineux = water mills)

Chatting to a group of England and Albion fans in a Lyon bar during Euro 2016

DG: Why the glum faces lads? We're drinking beer in the South of France surrounded by beautiful girls with a month of football to watch

E/A: It's different for yow, trip of a lifetime, ye can't lose either way. Whereas were about to be outclassed by Iceland...

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                      I'd go for the Sweet as the most psychotic looking Glam band.
                      Sweet were all very well-groomed, though, and had a 'cute' lead singer: I reckon that the Glitter Band were far more psychotic-looking. (And don't get me started on Chicory Tip, etc.)

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                      in fairness there's eight of them!
                      Plus, as DG alludes, they were *seriously* connected. It was an open secret that you really didn't f*** with UB40.

Comment

Glitter Band had a residency at my South London local in the late 80s. The sax player and one of the 2 drummers were well gnarled as Jah says

Comment

Something that the liberal application of Boots #7 only enhanced, IMO.

(To a lesser extent, see also: Mott The Hoople. But they had the excuse of being great.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                            Sweet were all very well-groomed, though, and had a 'cute' lead singer:
                            Yeah, I'd go along with 'cute'...

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                              Shakin' Stevens could definitely take care of himself. My aged Ted brother-in-law has known him from their scene for years, and judging from his stories, you do not fuck wifh Shaky.

As for the Gallaghers, from my experience you always had to be wary with the Irish families in northern England. Sure they might look soft themselves, but there's 4 or 5 brothers, plus between 10 and 20 cousins all looking out for each other and one of them is bound to be handy.
                              Richard Madeley shouldn't have fucked with Shaky, as he found out on telly:

Comment

^One of my favourite clips, that. (What was he thinking??)

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post
                                Yeah, I'd go along with 'cute'...

Brian C was a good-looking boy, no question about that.

But you'd want to watch out if you had long black hair...

Comment

There's an episode of chart music where they describe Shaky snaking his leg around the neck of DLT (I think) and playfully strangling him. I wonder was that before or after Shaky had passed him out in the whole appearances on TOTP thing.

Comment

I seem to remember that Connolly got into a fight/got jumped and was badly beaten up, including getting kicked in the throat, an assault that seriously affected his singing voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                      But you'd want to watch out if you had long black hair...
                                      Thank fuck I started going grey before growing mine out. I'd be useless in a fight - no co-ordination and all fat and gristle.

Comment

Working...
                                      X