FA Cup Final Grandstand 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FA Cup Final Grandstand 2020

Would have been FA Cup Final Day today, and in all probability the first ever Manchester Derby final with all the attendant build-up.

FA Cup final Question of Sport, where Sue, Matt and Tuffers are joined by Vincent Kompany, Phil Neville, Joe Hart and Bryan Robson.

Then it's over to Simon Brotherton at ringside with Amir Khan and Nicola Adams as Liam Gallagher takes on Mick Hucknall over three two-minute rounds in battle of the fans!

I reckon Ian Brown might be a bit harder than Hucknall.

Comment

Zoe Ball is likely harder than Mick Hucknall.

Comment

Would be willing to wager that Liam Gallagher is soft as shite, too.

Comment

I imagine him as one of those acolytes who would stand behind a school bully and just repeat what they said in a vain attempt to look hard.

Comment

I’d have been in Newcastle watching Rugby League and not at all bothered by missing the FA Cup Final. In fact, I can’t even remember who won last year.

The first one I properly remember is ‘99 and I can remember the “whole day” coverage that my Dad had talked so much about. Now, it all seems a non-event. An afterthought. A bit of a distraction.

Comment

Are they still planning to play this competition, say sometime in September?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                I imagine him as one of those acolytes who would stand behind a school bully and just repeat what they said in a vain attempt to look hard.
                Pretty similar to his music career then.

Comment

The last Cup Final Grandstand I watched was Middlesbrough v Chelsea (1997, although I had to look it up just now). It later felt like a day wasted. Man U's smash and grab a year earlier felt like a whole season wasted.
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-05-2020, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Would be willing to wager that Liam Gallagher is soft as shite, too.
                    the guy is nearly 50 and has he really been aging one year at a time?

If you want hard bands you've got to go back to glam. I would back slade in a fight against any band alive. They look like Dave Hill and three murderers, except in the pictures where Dave Hill also looks like he has killed many times.

Comment

Out of all of Slade I would have Dave Hill down as most likely to be a serial murderer, most likely wearing his victim's prettiest frock as he dismembers them.

Comment

The test for whether or not you are afraid of Dave Hill seems to be whether or not he's wearing sleeves. There's something faintly disturbing about twigging that for all his Paul mcCartney alike openfaced mugging, he has the arms of a heavyweight boxer.

Glam bands are by far the hardest bands. No-one gives you the right to dress in a leotard and eyeliner in the rock pubs, and workingmens clubs of the midlands. You earn it, one massive pub carpark fist fight at a time.
                        Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 25-05-2020, 13:55.

Comment

If you're looking for hardnut musicians, surely Henry Rollins is one name to start with.

Comment

Versus

Comment

I'm with the glam vote. I think it was Mark Radcliffe who described Bowie and The Spiders From Mars as looking like an alien being, backed by three dockers in Bacofoil wearing purple lippy. Or something like that. And it's not an easy look to carry off unless you can look after yourself.
                              Then look at Brian Connolly in Sweet. Taggart's harder looking brother. Half of those glam bands looked like serial killers.
                              Mind, I wouldn't back Bolan in a punch-up with many people. Maybe Brian Molko.

Comment

I remember Michael Hutchence being asked if Inxs could take The Happy Monday’s. “ No problem”. UB40? “ No chance”.

Comment

in fairness there's eight of them!

Comment

Shakin' Stevens could definitely take care of himself. My aged Ted brother-in-law has known him from their scene for years, and judging from his stories, you do not fuck wifh Shaky.

As for the Gallaghers, from my experience you always had to be wary with the Irish families in northern England. Sure they might look soft themselves, but there's 4 or 5 brothers, plus between 10 and 20 cousins all looking out for each other and one of them is bound to be handy.

Comment

John Lennon hit a few people before he became a peacenik.

Comment

All very good, but would they win in a fight with a Frankenstein? That's the important question.

Comment

And most of these people, hard or soft, do not support Manchester United or City.

Comment

I just wanted to post a picture of Noddy Holder looking like a mass murderer.

Comment

The mirrored top hat tends to undermine that somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                                And most of these people, hard or soft, do not support Manchester United or City.
                                                I wonder who Slade did support? Dave looks like a West Brom fan.

Comment

Noddy's a Wolves man if this is to be believed:

https://twitter.com/wfcofficial/stat...69235721924608

but Duncan Gardner might be able to confirm or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X