No announcement yet.

Postponed Polyester? 20/21 (or maybe just '21) Kit Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also appears to sell Power Rangers, which I thought were last a "thing" in about 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
      It also appears to sell Power Rangers, which I thought were last a "thing" in about 1995.
      There was a Power Rangers movie in 2017. (Yes, passed me by too.)

Comment

Re the St Mirren choices:

I really like #2 of the home kits.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsburySaint View Post
          No idea why, but I really like this one. Hopefully shorts exactly the same as the shirt with plain red socks to complete the 90s look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
            Stonewall FC "Unity Team" kit, based on the trans pride flag colours (video in the first tweet shows the 1st and 2nd XI kits as well).

https://twitter.com/adidasUK/status/1336721211296976901?s=20
            I can't pretend to be all across trans rights stuff but the trans colours kit here is lovely and much better than the faux-Chelsea/Bayern Munich kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post

I can't pretend to be all across trans rights stuff but the trans colours kit here is lovely and much better than the faux-Chelsea/Bayern Munich kits.
              They're a bit uninspiring, yes. Although the little rainbow flag tag thing on the sleeve is a nice touch.

Comment

I always think the "trad first kit, wild change kit" policy is a pretty sound one.

Comment

I don't think we've covered this already, but I noticed Bayern Munich wearing this tribute to their 1992-94 kit in their national cup defeat this week...

...apparently it was co-designed by Pharrell Williams and Humanrace, with a certain amount of profits going to a children's charity.

Comment

Real Madrid and Juventus also wore Humanrace shirts in competitive games.

Man Utd and Arsenal also had some but only wore them for pre-match warm ups.

Comment

Cameroon wearing a very nice new shirt in the opening match against Zimbabwe of the African Nations Championship they're hosting.

The three logos on the chest make it look a bit busy in the first photo but less so in the match one :

Comment

That Zimbabwe kit looks like it may be nice up close as well.

I don't quite understand the "hand-painted" element of those humanrace kits. Was the original design hand-painted and then reproduced? Every kit can't be hand-painted, surely? There is only so many Indonesian kids even Adidas can employ.

Comment

Zimbabwe's actually reminded me of Cameroon's 2010 change shirt from, coincidentally enough, the " hand-painted" range Puma produced for a lot of African national teams in that era :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-01-2021, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                            I don't think we've covered this already, but I noticed Bayern Munich wearing this tribute to their 1992-94 kit in their national cup defeat this week...

...apparently it was co-designed by Pharrell Williams and Humanrace, with a certain amount of profits going to a children's charity.
                            Always brings a smile, that kit.

Comment

Southampton have announced that they'll be returning to Hummel kits for 5 years from next season. Somebody from the club needs to get on the blower to Draper Tools pronto.

Comment

It's not actually being released until the summer and will probably only be worn for one game next season, but tonight Cheltenham have announced a 3rd shirt as a thank you to those of us who didn't request a refund for their season tickets. Names will be printed on the shirts which is a nice touch. Shirts will also be cheaper than the typical replica, ?25 for kids (instead of ?35) and ?32.50 for adults (instead of ?45).

It's quite clever in a way because suckers like me are going to buy one, I'm also going to buy one for my son, so that's an easy ?57.50 I'm paying out to be thanked for not requesting a refund of ?420.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2021/janua...hirt-revealed/

As it happens, it's just a reverse of the home shirt without the pin stripes and I really like it.

Comment

Does anyone recognise the seemingly retro replica shirt Michael Sheen was wearing in the penultimate episode of this series of 'Staged'.

It's triggering something for me but I can't place it, though it may be a rugby shirt or not even an actual sports shirt at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    Does anyone recognise the seemingly retro replica shirt Michael Sheen was wearing in the penultimate episode of this series of 'Staged'.

It's triggering something for me but I can't place it, though it may be a rugby shirt or not even an actual sports shirt at all.

I've asked my mate who knows him.

Comment

I could have done that! I thought a civilian on here might recognise it without anyone having to bother the talent.

Comment

The red, S and wing make me think Benfica, but I need to do more research

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          The red, S and wing make me think Benfica, but I need to do more research
                                          Looks more like a leaf to me.

Comment

Or a feather

Benfica isn't panning out. Nor is Swindon. Non-league seems likely

Comment

I did wonder if it was Stone Roses merch related to their use of the cherub and shield from Newport's coat of arms (Sheen was born in Newport) but can't find any further evidence of such an item existing :

Comment

It looks more like a leaf than a wing to me — a flower perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                  I could have done that! I thought a civilian on here might recognise it without anyone having to bother the talent.
                                                  My mate told me to fuck off, so the talent stays unbothered.

Comment

Leaf? Feather? Wing?

It's a fox tail!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X