• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2&2
    but you know you're getting lumbered with 3 or 4&1

Comment

None of them are any good, really.

I would go for number 1 for the change kit but the box around the sponsor's logo ruins the sash so would have to reluctantly pick number 4 as it is least marred by that.

Number 2 for the first shirt, partially for the same reason.

Comment

Aways
        Number 1 looks best but as Ray says the sponsor box ruins the sash. Does the a sponsor name have to be in a box? Otherwise number 3 looks less like a template shirt and isn't too bad as a colour.

Home
        Yep. Number 4.

Comment

2 and 4.

Comment

That reminds me, we had a vote last month for next seasons kits, chosen from fan designs, to be made by our Indonesian friends by someone called Mills. No more Puma templates.

I can't seem to upload them (?)as they are .jpg or .png files, but for anyone interested, the final 4 are here https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/new...k-your-winner/ - I went for number 2 in the end, #1 is trying too hard, I was never a fan of the original #3, and we've done plain ones like #4 recently enough

In my view, there were better designs in the final 20 here https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/new...al-20-designs/ - the one with the club badge in the outline of the Wirral is inspired, although I'd tone the rest of it down.

Going back to the Birkenhead coat of arms based badge next season too.

Comment

I struggle to understand anyone picking a design other than number 3 there, though would certainly say number 2 is the next best.

I agree with you on the Wirral outline one though, that's a really good design.

Comment

I quite like the number 3 away shirt as it goes. It's not as nice as 2 but it has a je ne sais quois.

Comment

Sampdoria's tribute for the 120th anniversary of Andrea Doria forming a football section

Comment

Hmmm, they have got around the issue with lace-up collars on these tribute kits by having ersatz laces. I am not sure whether that is a better or worse compromise but it still looks pretty dreadful on an otherwise nice kit.

Comment

I was wondering what the fuck an ersatz lace is, then I looked closely at the photo...

Comment

Trying to wrap my head around who at Millwall thought that switching from navy blue to green and white halves was a good idea for their game away at Blackburn last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                          Trying to wrap my head around who at Millwall thought that switching from navy blue to green and white halves was a good idea for their game away at Blackburn last night.

trying to wrap my head around the ref seeing it as acceptable
                          im hoping the confusion this caused is what stopped millwall getting a late penalty

Comment

just been given the white Orient kit with red braces.

its lush

Comment

This is from last weekend but I've only just spotted it as Napoli are wearing the shirts away to Crotone today as well :

https://twitter.com/classicshirts/status/1333150655834427396?s=21

Comment

Striped backs would have been better.
                                Going back to the St Mirren shirts, number 4 for me, though the stripes on the sleeves need tidying up. The narrow stripes on number 2 remind me of gridiron umpires, or possibly an old Dunfermline kit. Number 2 for the change.
                                Last edited by 1974ddr; 07-12-2020, 19:04.

Comment

Pass

https://twitter.com/umbro/status/1336600892703977475

Comment

Wow, that is something else.

Comment

Quite like Lebkuchen but hate their shirt

Comment

What's next? Dresden doing a Dominostein shirt?

Comment

Better Lebkuchen on their shirt than mister*lady

Comment

I might propose something similar for the Wanderers, but with Carrs Pasties.

Comment

What's "mister*lady"? I'm afraid to google.

Comment

Stonewall FC "Unity Team" kit, based on the trans pride flag colours (video in the first tweet shows the 1st and 2nd XI kits as well).

https://twitter.com/adidasUK/status/1336721211296976901?s=20
                                                Last edited by Jobi1; 10-12-2020, 13:52.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                                    What's "mister*lady"? I'm afraid to google.
                                                    It's a clothes shop that sells clothes for men and women. That's it really.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X